DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

There's no need to question the GOAT. Pats will be right back where they belong in no time. Josh Gordon has a big season in store. I'm not starting him until I see him produce in the offense.

Josh Gordon played with scrubs his entire career and now has the best quarterback, head coach, and one of the best OC's ever and people are fretting before he plays a single snap. God bless :)

Edited by timexsocialclub

BTW I think that intentional grounding penalty was on the route Josh was supposed to run. Would have been an easy TD, too! :D

• Haha 3

Last night was good news for Edelman and Gordon owners.  Hogan and Dorsett looked pretty exposed last night against a defense that got lit up by Sam Darnold.  Hoodie knows they’re scrubs and that’s why he made the trade. They need Gordon out there ASAP so that other teams can’t just triple team Gronk.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

brady whispered into Gordons ear after the game...wonder what that was

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Last night was good news for Edelman and Gordon owners.  Hogan and Dorsett looked pretty exposed last night against a defense that got lit up by Sam Darnold.  Hoodie knows they’re scrubs and that’s why he made the trade. They need Gordon out there ASAP so that other teams can’t just triple team Gronk.

All this does is depress me as a Steeler fan...as I watched Chris Hogan look like Randy F'ing Moss against my team.  

He's an NFL WR3 at best.

• Haha 2

Just now, PackerBacker555 said:

So is this guy going to be good in NE or not?

some mixed reviews here

Yes....as long as he is on the field. 

7 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

So is this guy going to be good in NE or not?

some mixed reviews here

NE obviously has WR issues right now; they only dressed three receivers last week (dorsett got hurt too, dunno how serious it is though, we'll find out tomorrow probably).

I suspect week 4 JG will be active but limited, IMO not startable barring a desperation play, and then will be full steam ahead week 5 when Edelman returns as well. They'll finally have a full stable of receivers, which definitely frees up Gordon (along with Gronk and Hogan) to make a measurable impact.

tl;dr: Sit week 4, start week 5 and beyond. 

• Like 1

I honestly don't see Gordon being limited this week.   New England is home, Brady is pissed and Gordon is going to put on a clinic.  Call it a hunch......Flash will be showcased!!  I'm starting with confidence!!

8 minutes ago, panthers528 said:

I honestly don't see Gordon being limited this week.   New England is home, Brady is pissed and Gordon is going to put on a clinic.  Call it a hunch......Flash will be showcased!!  I'm starting with confidence!!

I’m with this guy. A loss to my lions and their ex DC.. Gonna be an especially angry Brady & Co. Plus, if he’s active it’s costing the pats a draft pick, albeit a late one. I don’t see them giving up even a late round pick for a decoy. They’re playing to win and their best chance at another SB is w/ flash heavily involved 

Edited by itschief33
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

brady whispered into Gordons ear after the game...wonder what that was

Did he really??

50 minutes ago, whadeeb said:

i think he will start but have a modest line, maybe 12/180/3 td

You are kidding, right?  

He is gonna make a huge come back, FU Browns, and everyone who has ever doubted him monster gm. 

Your modest line if he comes in for package plays, but if he gets unleashed....

24/335/5

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CViewPride35 said:

You are kidding, right?  

He is gonna make a huge come back, FU Browns, and everyone who has ever doubted him monster gm. 

Your modest line if he comes in for package plays, but if he gets unleashed....

24/335/5

You guys are getting ridiculous. He still has a bum hammy and it will be his second week of practice. Your outlandish projections are pretty foolish. 

If he's active--big "if" there--I project something closer to like 3 catches. 

For 350 yards. And 10 touchdowns. 

JG gonna eat this week fellas. Lock and load!!

Edited by AnchorDown
  • Haha 4

Realistic projection is 5/125/1.

I know what you’re thinking. How can you justify that? He hasn’t played in ages and is on a new team known for doing things differently. Well, the answer is simple. You see, it all started on April 13 1991. That is the day a demigod was born. Now, 20 something years later that demigod is finally ready to emerge from his cocoon and f--- the NFL up. 

1 hour ago, AnchorDown said:

You guys are getting ridiculous. He still has a bum hammy and it will be his second week of practice. Your outlandish projections are pretty foolish. 

If he's active--big "if" there--I project something closer to like 3 catches. 

For 350 yards. And 10 touchdowns. 

JG gonna eat this week fellas. Lock and load!!

Frig. Just let Kamara go for him. :(

Why didn't you let me know before?

Lol. This thread is crazy. I hope you are right. But earning Brady's and Bellicheck's trust is tough. Now you have a guy with emotional/anxiety/depression/substance addiction issues.

AND... he has to learn the most complex option routes in football. ?

Start if you feel good about it. But wow, I would be a hold for 3 weeks. And I am not even from the show me state....

I’m just gonna put this out there. I don’t think Josh has a hamstring injury at all. It’s all mind games. He’s going to be full-go as soon as Belichick lets him on the field.

My prediction is for multiple TDs in his first game back.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

I’m just gonna put this out there. I don’t think Josh has a hamstring injury at all. It’s all mind games. He’s going to be full-go as soon as Belichick lets him on the field.

My prediction is for multiple TDs in his first game back.

Which will be this Sunday.  Fire him up boys!!

2 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Between the weed jokes and the asinine predictions, this thread is useless.

Plus the criticism of weed jokes and asinine predictions. 

With that said, he is gonna go off om the dolphins and get 420 fantasy ppr points. 

• Haha 2