DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Every time I come to this thread i get a Gordon Boner. After I play him I have feel like the biggest idiot. He's getting closer to plug and play but i'm not sure about this weekend I currently have S.Watkins in there. After i read a few more posts in here and i'm sure I'll switch to Gordon. You guys are very persuasive with your 1 catch for 300 yards and 17 Tds outlooks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He scored 13 in ppr last week. How does that make you look like an idiot? I will be trotting him out there again this week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mostly because the players I sit to play him go off. I didn't play him last week/ I've only played him twice this year and lost one of those match ups. This week i play the top points getter in my league was feeling like S.Watkins was the safe play but  after seeing the Brady IG post I think i'm gonna have to fire him up ! I love his ROS outlook. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

He scored 13 in ppr last week. How does that make you look like an idiot? I will be trotting him out there again this week. 

In case you do care 

24 WRs scored more points than Gordon last week 

32 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You’re referring to Xavien Howard - and yes, he is a legitimate threat to shadow Robinson throughout this one.

Is Xavien Howard a "shut down corner"??

Should I be worried starting a receiver against him?

Just now, joed2323 said:

Is Xavien Howard a "shut down corner"??

Should I be worried starting a receiver against him?

Yes, and yes.  But for future reference, you should take start/sit questions over to the AC forum.

2 hours ago, whadeeb said:

8/235/3 book it

If it becomes a back a forth game then I do think this is likely. 

34 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

In case you do care 

24 WRs scored more points than Gordon last week 

david moore christian krik robbie anderson a few of that top 24 

those guys are not that reliable 

4 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

david moore christian krik robbie anderson a few of that top 24 

those guys are not that reliable 

Perfectly fitting because neither is Gordon

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Perfectly fitting because neither is Gordon

considering he recently joined the team im not surprised. His snap count has been rising and he made 2 catches out of the only 2 catchable balls last week. One was a nice TD. I can see him getting more looks.

Man after TB12’s post I’m geeked up. He was already in my flex but I now I just moved him in my WR1 slot to pay my respects.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

This game has shootout potential written all over it.  I understand Gordon is not likely to dominate the targets, but he is one of the few guys in the league that can get 4 targets and still put up wr1 production.  I am firing him up over another WR on my team who is projected to score more points.

5 hours ago, whadeeb said:

8/235/3 book it

41:1 odds right now for him to score 3 TDs.  Going to make my rent money tomorrow!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Man after TB12’s post I’m geeked up. He was already in my flex but I now I just moved him in my WR1 slot to pay my respects.  

I benched all my other WRs out of respect.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

One of the best games of the year on his calendar... And it's happening tomorrow. 

Rising targets

Rising trust

Ample opportunities

I, for darn sure, will be firing him up everywhere I can, just like the past couple of weeks.

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 3

Tom Brady has done this kind of thing before.  He'll say before a game exactly what the offense is going to do and then they'll go and do it just like he said.  This is not a bluff by Brady.  The Patriots must see something they can expose against the Chiefs and will be doing it in a big way with Gordon this week.  Get him in your lineup now.  I'm calling my shot here and saying Gordon will be the overall top WR play this week.  

• Like 1

Just now, TommyKramer said:

Tom Brady has done this kind of thing before.  He'll say before a game exactly what the offense is going to do and then they'll go and do it just like he said.  This is not a bluff by Brady.  The Patriots must see something they can expose against the Chiefs and will be doing it in a big way with Gordon this week.  Get him in your lineup now.  I'm calling my shot here and saying Gordon will be the overall top WR play this week.  

When did he do that?

The Chiefs secondary is in utter shambles - they are reduced to starting two SCBs as outside corners.  They barely have two healthy safeties on the roster.  It will be a bloodbath.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 2

Fantasy should be fun. Some players are simply more fun to own than others even though they may be a little more risky. JG falls into that category. This is the kind of game that should excite you to start Gordon. I'd much rather him lay a dud in my starting lineup in this game than to go off on my bench. By the way, he will go off this game. Get ready.

• Like 2

The upside is certainly there but you guys are too much. With 3 guys on BYE and 2 guys injured I basically have to fire him up at my flex spot. First start for my 5th round pick. 

5 hours ago, pdog109 said:

I benched all my other WRs out of respect.

I bench all my players every week and start only Gordon as intimidation for my opponents, then last minute I start the rest. My opponent is a Pats fan and probably wetting himself as we speak. Everyone, fire this beast up if you haven't already. You haven't truly lived until you experience starting Gordon and praying to every God you can think of that he's on the field or gets the target, and when he gets a catch, oh man... If anything, it's the fun of owning him and this thread that keeps me going through the early round bust rbs and cesspool we call TE and DST. Must start in this potential shootout. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Fantasy should be fun. Some players are simply more fun to own than others even though they may be a little more risky. JG falls into that category. This is the kind of game that should excite you to start Gordon. I'd much rather him lay a dud in my starting lineup in this game than to go off on my bench. By the way, he will go off this game. Get ready.

I hate this argument, how is he more or less fun than any other fantasy player on your roster?

I'm starting him this week because I believe it should be a good week based on the matchup and the extra long week if extra experience.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2