DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

CHI D giving up a ton of passing yards and little rushing. Don't think NE will be able to pound S. Michel at all.

This could be old school NE all air attack.

And I think CHI is going to move the ball as well.

Another track meet. 

Edited by tonycpsu

30 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

CHI D giving up a ton of passing yards and little rushing. Don't think NE will be able to pound S. Michel at all.

This could be old school NE all air attack.

And I think CHI is going to move the ball as well.

Another track meet. 

Smells like a lot of edelman and white out of the backfield with a dash of josh thrown in to keep the defense from cheating and a side of gronk to punish them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Ahhh yes... that’s the sweet smell of Josh and Tom baking cookies.

The beginning of something huge.

I thought Gordon only baked brownies...?

2 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Fuller is a scrub.

Gordon will brush him aside like a lion does to an ant.

Currently graded out as #8 cb by PFF

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Currently graded out as #8 cb by PFF

No CB can single handedly contain gordon, he is too big, too fast, too strong, too talented and too skilled. any CB shadowing him is going to need the safety to help him.

The best way to stop Josh is to.  ..wait for it. . .Get to the QB and disrupt the pass.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I thought Gordon only baked brownies...?

Close. Brownies bake Josh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Smells like a lot of edelman and white out of the backfield with a dash of josh thrown in to keep the defense from cheating and a side of gronk to punish them

At first glance I agreed with your guys assessment of what this could turn into. But I looked at the rushing attacks of the teams the Bears have faced so far (maybe this should go in the Michel thread):

Week 1 - Packers ?!?

Week 2 - Seahawks - Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny - inconsistent mess overall

Week 3 - Arizona -  David Johnson (that offense was pretty ugly before Rosen took over in week 4)

Week 4 - Tampa - Peyton Barber?

Week 5 - Bye

Week 6 - Miami - Kenyan Drake and the old engine (these two combined for over 150 yards rushing)

They haven't faced a lot of great rushing attacks and last week they got hit pretty hard on pretty good efficiency from Gore and Drake. 

Do you guys think the Bears rushing Defense is as good as stats say, or is it "strong" because of their opponents?

Edited by Litany
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Litany said:

At first glance I agreed with your guys assessment of what this could turn into. But I looked at the rushing attacks of the teams the Bears have faced so far (maybe this should go in the Michel thread):

Week 1 - Packers ?!?

Week 3 - Arizona -  David Johnson (that offense was pretty ugly before Rosen took over in week 4)

Week 5 - Bye

Week 6 - Miami - Kenyan Drake and the old engine (these two combined for over 150 yards rushing)

They haven't faced a lot of great rushing attacks and last week they got hit pretty hard on pretty good efficiency from Gore and Drake. 

Do you guys think the Bears rushing Defense is as good as stats say, or is it "strong" because of their opponents?

I'd argue that it's because of their opponents. I think Sony could pour it on them this week. Well, hopefully. 

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

No CB can single handedly contain gordon, he is too big, too fast, too strong, too talented and too skilled. any CB shadowing him is going to need the safety to help him.

The best way to stop Josh is to.  ..wait for it. . .Get to the QB and disrupt the pass.

So only BB can contain Gordon...Got it.

Bears have two pro browlers on the d line in hicks and mack. Roquan smith is starting to make plays and danny trevathan has been leading the lb group well. They havent played good running teams so far but dont underestimate their run d.

Hopefully the pats sling away for this gordon owner. 

1 hour ago, Rizzle630 said:

but dont underestimate their run d.

A dinosaur and drake rushed 158 yards on them. Mack is gimped.

Teams haven't been running on them because bears have had leads of most of the games they've played.

Edited by pdog109
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

A dinosaur and drake rushed 158 yards on them. Mack is gimped.

Teams haven't been running on them because bears have had leads of most of the games they've played.

What? all the games have been close except for the TB game....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

What? all the games have been close except for the TB game....

Only because garbage bears defense lets teams back in the games.

Week 1 vs GB -  Bears 20-0 lead in 3rd quarter.

Week 2 vs SEA - Bears 17-3 lead near start of 4th quarter.

Week 3 vs ARI - Close game

Week 4 vs TB - Blow out lead

Week 5 - Bye

Week 6 vs MIA - Bears 21-10 lead middle of 3rd quarter before Brock Osweiler exposed trash bears defense

Edited by pdog109
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, dashoe said:

Sounds Delicious!

• Haha 2

On 10/17/2018 at 12:46 PM, Litany said:

Week 1 - Packers ?!?

Week 5 - Bye

Albert Wilson was also lighting up that D with Brock osweiler. I think it was just an anomaly 

Idk now Patriots is without a RT

Patriots RT Marcus Cannon (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 7 against Chicago.

It's a pass protection downgrade for Tom Brady. Cannon has been playing at a league-average level this year. LaAdrian Waddle will get the start at right tackle.
Edited by JrsKars

7 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

Idk now Patriots is without a RT

Patriots RT Marcus Cannon (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 7 against Chicago.

It's a pass protection downgrade for Tom Brady. Cannon has been playing at a league-average level this year. LaAdrian Waddle will get the start at right tackle.

Guess that means Gronk staying in Pass protection ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tom Brady

“Yeah, I think it’s a lot of playing together and I think over a long period of time and I think the longer you play with guys, you just learn body language and they know when to expect it and look,” Brady said Friday. “I think those plays — I think timing and accuracy are important on all those ones. So I’ve just got to do a better job giving him opportunities to catch them. I think he’s got great hands. He’s got a great awareness and feel. I’m just so impressed with how he’s come in and learned everything and the role that he’s taken on. So I’ve got to do a better job of putting the ball in his position where he can just go up and make the play.” 

- Patriots head coach Bill Belichick hinted this week that Gordon’s role will continue to expand. We’ll see how that bears out Sunday when the Patriots travel to Chicago.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/10/josh-gordon-believes-minor-chemistry-issues-with-tom-brady-are-fixed/

He's getting close to a set it and forget it kind of a player for me.

• Talent
  • Opportunity
  • Offensive System
  • Gaining Trust day by day

Edited by ponza88

30 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

He's getting close to a set it and forget it kind of a player for me.

• Talent
  • Opportunity
  • Offensive System
  • Gaining Trust day by day

All that and Brady who typically makes players around him better...if that's at all even possible with Gordon.

• Like 2