DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Just now, Panthers8912 said:

Yes. 2 overrated corners. You would rank white where amongst corners? You talk him up as a true shutdown corner? Wow he shutdown Corey Davis that’s impressive, not. 

Either way, doesn’t matter. Gordon is matchup proof. Don’t really care about some sophomore cb that isn’t even top 5 at the position 

I would rank him in the top 5.  And that may still be too ungenerous.

5 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Yes. 2 overrated corners. You would rank white where amongst corners? You talk him up as a true shutdown corner? Wow he shutdown Corey Davis that’s impressive, not. 

Either way, doesn’t matter. Gordon is matchup proof. Don’t really care about some sophomore cb that isn’t even top 5 at the position 

Tre White has been great this year. I believe the only TD he gave up was to Hopkins and that was a crazy grab. I just wouldnt get expectations too high for this week if White is shadowing Gordon. I do need JG to have a big day though.

4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Tre White has been great this year. I believe the only TD he gave up was to Hopkins and that was a crazy grab. I just wouldnt get expectations too high for this week if White is shadowing Gordon. I do need JG to have a big day though.

He’s been a top-ten corner since entering the league.  And he’s getting better.

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Image result for carl weathers arnold schwarzenegger handshake gif

But Gordon will never learn the playbook, he'll be out of the league by week 10, etc.

Remember people posting that garbage after he was traded? Pathetic.

People hate on Gordon because they want to feel better about themselves.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I’m thinking he goes 4-80-2. 

Also grabbed Hogan on waivers for insurance if there is a pregame issue. 

I hate to do it, but I have to pull Gordon out of my starting lineup.  Playing Sanders instead.  With Marlon Mack being questionable right now I needed a decent option to put in my flex in case Mack doesn't play.  I still think Gordon goes off.  Go go Gordon!

20 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I hate to do it, but I have to pull Gordon out of my starting lineup.  Playing Sanders instead.  With Marlon Mack being questionable right now I needed a decent option to put in my flex in case Mack doesn't play.  I still think Gordon goes off.  Go go Gordon!

Mack is playing, per schefter 

Uhh, why are the Pats looking to add a standout WR to their team when they already have ******** Gordon, Gronk, and Edelman?

6 minutes ago, dsaints said:

Uhh, why are the Pats looking to add a standout WR to their team when they already have ******** Gordon, Gronk, and Edelman?

Gronk has back issues, Edelman is 32 with a bum ACL, and they still have Hogan and Dorsett on their roster.

No WR coming in midseason is going to pick up the playbook fast enough to affect Josh Gordon's work this season

Edited by 24HourPiffness

6 minutes ago, dsaints said:

huh?

Just now, TommyKramer said:

huh?

Report came out that Pats are looking to trade for a "premium wide receiver" before deadline 

7 minutes ago, dsaints said:

Who said that

But this begs the question, why? Isn't the receiving core great already?

Why don't they think it is?

Edited by dsaints

On 10/27/2018 at 11:51 PM, pdog109 said:

But Gordon will never learn the playbook, he'll be out of the league by week 10, etc.

Remember people posting that garbage after he was traded? Pathetic.

People hate on Gordon because they want to feel better about themselves.

I think there is a significant difference between "hate on" and speculating based on history...including very recent history.  It's all about Fantasy, not our personal feelings toward Josh himself.  There seems to be two points of view in this thread...he's the next Randy Moss-on-the-Patriots or he's the next Chad Johnson-on-the-Patriots.  Like in American politics today, the middle is not well-represented.  Personally...that's where I am...I think he'll be good and am just waiting for him to launch.  Not Randy Moss/Patriots good...but WR1 material.   The Tom Brady quote above about Gordon's ability to understand and execute the offense is a huge indicator...that was Chad Johnson's problem, he didn't have a high enough football IQ for the Patriots offense.

Hopefully liftoff is tonight...he's the kind of player that can carry fantasy teams deep into their playoffs and to championships.  I own him in 3 leagues and am starting him for the first time tonight in two (I just traded for him in one).

Edited by Damn Yankee
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the Pats are in the market for another WR. I own Josh and I think they saw something they didn't like when he didn't run for that TD

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Looks like the Pats are in the market for another WR. I own Josh and I think they saw something they didn't like when he didn't run for that TD

Ye of little faith.