DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

55 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Its best to stick to player outlook.

90 Rec 1485 yards 11 Tds!  (15 Games)

I agree overall, but I think you're in the wrong Player Outlook Topic,  DeAndre Hopkins is in here somewhere

DEoqkDGXoAE6rSq.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Guess the Browns are a bit frustrated if this is the case and that's why the Dez talk is happening and could explain the DNR designation. Browns were informed of the real reason and weren't thrilled.

Edited by OrangeCrush
note
  • Like 2

Good for Josh Gordon... staying away from Hard Knocks is a great idea...

He needs focus, not distraction... solid positive.

I never really saw the value for teams in having "Hard Knocks" filming.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Winky said:

Good for Josh Gordon... staying away from Hard Knocks is a great idea...

He needs focus, not distraction... solid positive.

I never really saw the value for teams in having "Hard Knocks" filming.  

Totally agree with you. This seems to be filling in the gap now. He's clearly training. Makes more sense. Browns obv wanted him at camp but his people felt it was best if he concentrated on football/himself. Browns are using Dez as a threat perhaps. Just not sure how the NFL comments fit in to all this. Perhaps he spoke to the commish regarding his plan since they seemed to force Hard Knocks on these team. idk...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Guess the Browns are a bit frustrated if this is the case and that's why the Dez talk is happening and could explain the DNR designation. Browns were informed of the real reason and weren't thrilled.

Look at that dedication!

Josh is doing what's best for him to play this season. The last thing a recovering addict needs is the circus of a tv show disrupting his daily training and focus. 

Of course it hurts he is not getting the reps with his team but it's better to miss some reps than to have a tv show try to make a negative storyline about you.

Right. Another 'make this about me' and not the team. The last guy on the Browns that needs to distance himself and be away from training camp, 'on his own'. Many players have opted to not be on camera or part of the story line in the past on 'Hard Knocks' and have been just fine during camp with the team, and never seen on camera. The only reason this guy is even rostered in the NFL is because it's the Browns. A team that until now has been so dreadful and devoid of talent, that put up with it. There are many reasons why clubs remain losing franchises for years.

The Hard knocks angle makes plenty of sense however, not getting the necessary reps with two new QB's and learning essentially a new offense under Todd Haley is worrisome.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

Right. Another 'make this about me' and not the team. The last guy on the Browns that needs to distance himself and be away from training camp, 'on his own'. Many players have opted to not be on camera or part of the story line in the past on 'Hard Knocks' and have been just fine during camp with the team, and never seen on camera. The only reason this guy is even rostered in the NFL is because it's the Browns. A team that until now has been so dreadful and devoid of talent, that put up with it. There are many reasons why clubs remain losing franchises for years.

Where's the squelch button for this guy?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Because I don't share the same teenage girl infatuation? It's cool, I've been betting against this guy every year.

Edited by The Invictus
spelling
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

Because I don't share the same teenage girl infatuation? It's cool, I've been betting against this guy every year.

Congrats on betting against him.

I would question why are you hating on him so much...

7 minutes ago, Winky said:

Congrats on betting against him.

I would question why are you hating on him so much...

I can ask why so many love him so much...so many questions aren't there.

In short, stupid is as stupid does, and fools aren't a smart bet in Fantasy Football. On the contrary , I like him. He's been very predictable and an easy call to make.

Edited by The Invictus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, The Invictus said:

I can ask why so many love him so much...so many questions aren't there.

Not sure where it is, but I think there is a whole thread dedicated to Josh Gordon with people expressing why they are rooting for him.

To me:

1. His monster season carried many to championships and everyone wants to chase that season again... perhaps that is misguided, but if you had him rostered then, you'd know how good it was.

2. The guy is an addict and he is fighting a much bigger fight than being a fantasy WR1... a lot of people have much respect and compassion for that.

3. He is still oozing upside and if he makes it all way back, it's a great story... that's what I am rooting for.

The strength of your commentary is:

He shouldn't be on a team, except Cleveland being Cleveland.

Edited by Winky
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Winky said:

Not sure where it is, but I think there is a whole thread with people expressing why they are rooting for him.

To me:

1. His monster season carried many to championships and everyone wants to chase that season again... perhaps that is misguided, but if you had him rostered then, you'd know how good it was.

2. The guy is an addict and he is fighting a much bigger fight than being a fantasy WR1... a lot of people have much respect and compassion for that.

3. He is still oozing upside and if he makes it all way back, it's a great story... that's what I am rooting for.

The strength of your commentary is:

He shouldn't be on a team, except Cleveland being Cleveland.

No, the strength of my commentary is he hasn't come near being worth any Fantasy value in 5 years, yet is invested in heavily every year by the sheep. And yes, I do believe he'd not be on a NFL roster at this point if not for the Browns. So to repeat, he's been great to me. I've avoided him every year, watched my Dynasty competition primarily, roster him every year. I've yet to see a Dyno owner yet do well who's held this guy. Go Josh Gordon please keep it up!! See...I'm rooting for him too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Can’t believe this guy was getting crucified for actually taking the “mature” approach. Good for him knowing himself best .. all the pundits (Chris Carter, etc) can eat a d**k

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Invictus said:

The only reason this guy is even rostered in the NFL is because it's the Browns. A team that until now has been so dreadful and devoid of talent, that put up with it. There are many reasons why clubs remain losing franchises for years.

bet you $1 and your pride that if the Browns released him today multiple teams would try to pick him up. 

I's a testament to his talent that the NFL bent over multiple ways to keep him in the league.

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

99.999% of the Josh haters were flushed out of the system after week 13 last season, there is always that .001% that manages to survive:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Invictus said:

I've avoided him every year, watched my Dynasty competition primarily, roster him every year. I've yet to see a Dyno owner yet do well who's held this guy. Go Josh Gordon please keep it up!! See...I'm rooting for him too.

Correlation doesn’t imply causation. In most dynasty leagues he was almost free a few years ago so if you have him at this point you probably didn’t invest a ridiculous amount into him, for example I picked him up as a free agent in 2 leagues a couple years ago. You don’t lose games because of the 27th player on your roster you lose games because the rest of your team is bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

The Hard knocks angle makes plenty of sense however, not getting the necessary reps with two new QB's and learning essentially a new offense under Todd Haley is worrisome.

Plus if they sign Dez, it craters his target ceiling.

The Hard Knocks excuse while annoying to the Browns, who have shown incredible patience with Gordon, is much less scary from a fantasy perspective than the alternative; that the idea of being with his team and around a structured football environment is an unmanageable situation for him. 

If they sign Dez with any decent amount of guaranteed money I'm probably avoiding him early in drafts. I love Gordon and think if he was ready and healthy and participating in camp right now his ceiling is overall WR1.

If Dez is signed and Josh is still nowhere to be seen, his upside is really limited because the targets just won't be there. I already don't like how many mouths there are to feed there with Landry (a target sponge), Calloway, Coleman, and Njoku. Add one more demanding targets with Dez in addition to Gordon and you have a recipe for fantasy mediocrity. I like Tyrod as an upgrade to Kizer (who was atrocious) but let's not pretend he's Peyton Manning in his prime slinging it 50 times a game.

2 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Can’t believe this guy was getting crucified for actually taking the “mature” approach.

2 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

all the pundits can eat a d**k

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

1 hour ago, Ddam2013 said:

Correlation doesn’t imply causation. In most dynasty leagues he was almost free a few years ago so if you have him at this point you probably didn’t invest a ridiculous amount into him, for example I picked him up as a free agent in 2 leagues a couple years ago. You don’t lose games because of the 27th player on your roster you lose games because the rest of your team is bad.

Mmm... when you need to cut down to 16 players and you throw back guys that actually contribute to your roster, instead of holding this Guy year after year with 13k on the table for 2500 buy in Dynos, he ain’t cheap. That’s not even taking into consideration the owners who made the terrible errors of trading for him, or what they may have gotten by dishing him. So no, he hasn’t cost them peanuts 

1 hour ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Some experts saying Watkins over flash and it ain't close?

Don't pay attention to Rush.

• Haha 3