DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[We are re-opening this thread on a provisional basis, with an increased focus on keeping the discussion on topic and manageable.  This means that if your comment is not 100% germane to Josh Gordon's fantasy outlook, it is subject to removal, and you will be subject to warning and/or suspension of posting privileges.  There will be no courtesy warnings.  Please contribute to a meaningful fantasy football discussion, or take your commentary elsewhere.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Guys, serious now who is starting him this week? If you are, is it because you don't have better options? I have Corey Davis and Goodwin on the bench. But all this Hue talk is making me nauseous.

Firing up as my WR1.  f--- it.

19 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Really hoping he has a meh Week 1 so I can try and buy low on him from my friend who poached him 1 pick in front of me and told me "you're going to hate this pick"

I was honestly so mad that I forgot it was my turn and I ended up auto drafting Thielen lol

He went one pick before me to a friend of mine. It was somewhat expected when I sent him multiple shirtless Gordon picks throughout the offseason. Not in a weird way but more like "damn" way. Ya feel me?

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Guys, serious now who is starting him this week? If you are, is it because you don't have better options? I have Corey Davis and Goodwin on the bench. But all this Hue talk is making me nauseous.

I am a Gordon truther, but I am starting Emmanuel Sanders over him in two of my leagues. I would definitely start Davis/Goodwin week 1 over Gordon, just because we don't know his limitations. 

If it was between Gordon and a lesser WR with question marks like Godwin/Watkins/Sheppard I would roll the dice on Gordon. If it is DFS, I am having a few shares of Gordon. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, akm0404 said:

Currently starting 3 non-Gordon WRs (OBJ/MT/Evans) and non-Gordon flex (Tevin Coleman).

GordoningIntensifying.gif sums up my current feelings.

I agree with OBJ/MT/Evans over him. Not sure on Tevin Coleman... Gordon's floor in week 1 is probably lower, but ceiling is higher. 

• Like 1

The league I have him is shallow (8 team std). RB1/RB2/Flex is Fournette, M. Gordon, and Conner. WR1 is Evans.

Currently have Gordon in my WR2, but could slide either Cooks or Sanders over him if I get nervous. 

Personally I'd still start him over those guys, just temper your expectations.

I'm starting Gordon. Have Davis on my bench. If you don't start him and he goes off you should be banned from this thread. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I'm starting Gordon. Have Davis on my bench. If you don't start him and he goes off you should be banned from this thread. 

Dang people are thinking about benching him? I'm having a hard time sitting him on his bye week just because of the swag he gives my lineup 

• Haha 2

F it. You're right, I gotta start him. I'd be so pissed if I bench him and he goes HAM.

Edited by RoseLin23
  • Like 2

Starting him in two of my four leagues that I own him. Starting him over C. Davis, D. Henry level guys. Not starting over E. Sanders, L. Miller level in the other. I am hedging my bets for the first week while they are watching his pitch count. After that, all bets are off and hopefully I ride him to 3000 yards and 420 tds.

Edited by drunkb
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, drunkb said:

Starting him in two of my four leagues that I own him. Starting him over C. Davis, D. Henry level guys. Not starting over E. Sanders, L. Miller level in the other. I am hedging my bets for the first week while they are watching his pitch count. After that, all bets are off and hopefully I ride him to 3000 yards and 420 tds.

Davis = Sanders and Miller = Henry. Same thing. 

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Davis = Sanders and Miller = Henry. Same thing. 

Hence the hedging my bets.

2 hours ago, Goatstain3 said:

I have three teams.  He's the only player I have on all three.  He's starting on all three.  

Hope that helps.

I’m in the same boat. Rolling with him in all 3 leagues I’m in.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Starting Gordon over Cole. He obv has the tremendous upside but I'm not too confident he'll do anything more than 3-50

f3c5efdef8c720b6e247723561d68040.jpeg

• Like 1

Josh Gordon is my WR1 and I'm not worried about it at all. He's going to save us all. 

• Thanks 1

The last time Gordon played at home against PIT he put up 14-237-1 back in 2013.

• Like 7

#Browns OC Todd Haley to Josh Gordon: "We've been waiting on you. It's time" Added, "It's a five-star matchup. Our best players have to play better than their best players for us to win and he's one of our best players''

#BrownsTodd Haley says he hopes Josh Gordon is involved a lot on Sunday. Haley said he told him that he's been waiting on him.

Edited by Onyx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Onyx said:

#Browns OC Todd Haley to Josh Gordon: "We've been waiting on you. It's time" Added, "It's a five-star matchup. Our best players have to play better than their best players for us to win and he's one of our best players''

#BrownsTodd Haley says he hopes Josh Gordon is involved a lot on Sunday. Haley said he told him that he's been waiting on him.

I just came.

Edited by RoseLin23
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

The last time Gordon played at home against PIT he put up 14-237-1 back in 2013.

Enough with the hyperbole already.

[checks stats]

Oh....

Edited by Grayson2401