DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2018 Season Outlook

If Taylor is the QB all year he won't be anything special, when Mayfield takes over i think he could be a WR1

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

.  They have a solid defense

They do? Last I looked, they were bottom 5 in points allowed last year. They invested heavily into the offense this off season. 

Whats the big change that turns this defense around? I just don't see it. 

I think this team actually has shoot out potential. I personally don't like their defense, and I think this offense has a lot of weapons. 

22 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

They do? Last I looked, they were bottom 5 in points allowed last year. They invested heavily into the offense this off season. 

I think this team actually has shoot out potential. I personally don't like their defense, and I think this offense has a lot of weapons. 

Those numbers are deceiving.  While its not a great defense by any means it isn't as bad as the numbers say.  Last year the offense couldn't sustain drives and turned the ball over to often.  The defense simply got worn out in the second half of games.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Back in 2015 Hopkins was responsible for 38% of his teams receiving yards. I see something similar with Gordon. Landry is a 1,000 yard WR. He always has been even with almost no competition. Gordon will have 1350 yards, Landry 950, and everyone else around 1200. Due to limited RZ threats, Gordon should also have double digit TDs. Man is a freak and the tape last year shows it. Yes, his stats are not great but it would be foolish to not factor in that almost everything was going against him. No QB, no practice, and not playing for ages. I will target him in the 3rd in every league if not even late 2nd. Next year he will be a first round pick.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Thanks 1

Gordon is similar in ways to some WRs that were taken in his range last year. 

3.09 Keenan Allen

3.10 Deandre Hopkins

3.11 Terrell Pryor

Everyone of them had a knock. 

"Keenan can't stay healthy"

"Hopkins burned me last year!"

"Pryor flashed, but is he for real?"

As much as I love Josh Gordon, he could be the Terrell Pryor of this group, but I don't think so. 

Man is a freak! He's in his prime. He's got a full offseason program going. He's just got that big knock. Last year I felt that both Keenan and Hopkins had #1 potential, and even though the general public had cooled on them a bit, I was right. Neither got to #1 status, but they were some of the better picks you could make last year.

22 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Back in 2015 Hopkins was responsible for 38% of his teams receiving yards. I see something similar with Gordon. Landry is a 1,000 yard WR. He always has been even with almost no competition. Gordon will have 1350 yards, Landry 950, and everyone else around 1200. Due to limited RZ threats, Gordon should also have double digit TDs. Man is a freak and the tape last year shows it. Yes, his stats are not great but it would be foolish to not factor in that almost everything was going against him. No QB, no practice, and not playing for ages. I will target him in the 3rd in every league if not even late 2nd. Next year he will be a first round pick.

You should be comfortable with drafting Tyrod as a QB1 if you expect all that to happen. 

46 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You should be comfortable with drafting Tyrod as a QB1 if you expect all that to happen. 

There's more than enough reasons to believe that this will be his best statistical year. As long as he doesn't hear Mayfield's footsteps all season, I think he could ball out. 

Some great weapons, change of scenery, and his rushing ability. 

• Like 1

Yeah Taylor will most likely ball out this year and if I knew he would stay he starter I would draft him before someone like Stafford 

5 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Yeah Taylor will most likely ball out this year and if I knew he would stay he starter I would draft him before someone like Stafford 

It depends how the season goes. If Tyrod seizes the moment and starts 3-2, I could see him holding Mayfield at bay all year. However, 2-3 or 1-4, and especially the dreaded 0-5 that CLE is so familiar with could easily send Tyrod to the bench for good. 

2 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

It depends how the season goes. If Tyrod seizes the moment and starts 3-2, I could see him holding Mayfield at bay all year. However, 2-3 or 1-4, and especially the dreaded 0-5 that CLE is so familiar with could easily send Tyrod to the bench for good. 

Exactly. The biggest risk is browns sucking and mayfield waiting

Gordon isn't doing JACK.  This is a running team first second and third downs.  Also Landry will be a drain on him all season.  

Please stop all of the unwarranted hype in this thread. 

th?id=OIP.M6VWDG9QVwrf4kJKfQQ8WAHaEo&pid=15.1&P=0&w=262&h=164 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think he will have consistency issues, but he is still going to be a target hog and a deep target hog in this offense. Think Terrelle Pryor's role but 100 times better player. Of course, this is tinted by the fact that I believe Landry just is not very good.

Edited by AJJones

15 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Defense:

Backfield is entirely new....with depth.

Drafted CB Ward #4.

Signed Carrie (Raiders) to 4 years and Gaines (Bills) to 1 year: CBs 2&3

Traded Kizer for Randall (GB): 2015 first round SAFETY who GB played at corner.  He's not a corner.  GB traded him and Pettine drafted 2 new CBs.

Only guy from their useless backfield returning from last year is Peppers, who played safety in punt return coverage to prevent deep passes.

Just picked up Kendricks at LB.  Three down starter for the Eagles.  Opposite Jamie Collins on pass rushing.

Middle LBs are solid.  DEs are (1) excellent and (2) above average.

Biggest hole is DT with a 4-3 defense.  Shelton was traded to NE and wasn't replaced.  No up-the-middle run stuffing this year.  Schobert and Kirksey will be leading the league in 2nd level tackles again this year, because the defense won't be stopping running plays at the line of scrimmage.  Next year...

Offense needs a LT.  That's pretty much it.

Dorsey filled the holes.  This team should scare 6 wins this year.  Don't be surprised when they win.

And don't forget how useless Roethlesberger was in fantasy football until Haley took his OC job.  Tyrod has that playbook now. 

Hue Jackson has NOTHING to do with the offense this year.  This offense is the Todd Haley show!!!!!!!

Forget Tyrod's lack of past passing stats.  He's never had a passing coach calling the plays before.  Big Ben and AB are the baseline.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Gordon isn't doing JACK.  This is a running team first second and third downs.  Also Landry will be a drain on him all season.  

Please stop all of the unwarranted hype in this thread. 

th?id=OIP.M6VWDG9QVwrf4kJKfQQ8WAHaEo&pid=15.1&P=0&w=262&h=164 

"Also Landry will be a drain on him all season." HAH. Landry. HAH!

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2018 at 3:33 PM, joshua18 said:

Really thats not a big stretch.  He almost put up QB1 numbers on a per game average the last 3 years and that was on a running team with limited weapons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Really thats not a big stretch.  He almost put up QB1 numbers on a per game average the last 3 years and that was on a running team with limited weapons.

YUP.

Running QB with a great arm in T-Mobile... + Josh Gordon who can run past anyone. Gonna be a good year.

You thought McCown was good for Gordon? LOL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Running QB with a great arm in T-Mobile... + Josh Gordon who can run past anyone. Gonna be a good year.

You thought McCown was good for Gordon? LOL.

Weeden... McCown... doesn't matter... the point is, they're trash and Tyrod is actually competent.

On 6/10/2018 at 3:33 PM, joshua18 said:

I would be very comfortable if Mayfield didn’t exist. He shouldn’t have any business starting this year but it’s the Browns touch. Everything they touch turns to s---. I wouldn’t be shocked if they started Mayfield next year even with Taylor being solid. 

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I would be very comfortable if Mayfield didn’t exist. He shouldn’t have any business starting this year but it’s the Browns touch. Everything they touch turns to s---. I wouldn’t be shocked if they started Mayfield next year even with Taylor being solid. 

Everything that I touch

starts to melt in my clutch

im too much

-hue Jackson 

Posted (edited)
Edited by dashoe

In case you've lost count: here's the quarterbacks Gordon was associated with before Taylor, Mayfield and Drew Stanton: Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy, Jason Campbell, Thad Lewis, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, Robert Griffin III and Kevin Hogan.

watch gordon make tyrod a pro bowler again

I'm a big Gordon fan, but I'm also a big Landry fan.  Most underrated received in the league.  Landry isn't a deep threat but hes that consistent guy that is always open and has great hands. Both guys have potential and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out who to target.  Might even come down to PPR is Landry and standard is Gordon.

I really hope the QB situation is much improved in CLE because they have some crazy weapons.