Rolling Thunder

Jameis Winston 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Guys - focus on the numbers and not his ability to become an elite QB.

He will lose games and turn it over, but will it matter to you when he puts up 300-400 yds and multiple TDs?

Garbage time is FF's best friend.

Exactly!  I just cringe at these boxscore fantasy players who blindly pencil in Fitz's first couple weeks + Winston's "better skill" = 600 yards passing and 6 TDs a game!

It totally doesnt work like that but he for sure 'should' put up some nice #s in this offense, especially this week as TB and ATL play high scoring games historically.

Julio gonna prob finally get a TD as well. 

Edited by Zak0221

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Exactly!  I just cringe at these boxscore fantasy players who blindly pencil in Fitz's first couple weeks + Winston's "better skill" = 600 yards passing and 6 TDs a game!

It totally doesnt work like that but he for sure 'should' put up some nice #s in this offense, especially this week as TB and ATL play high scoring games historically.

Julio gonna prob finally get a TD as well. 

It's more the match-up than anything. Nobody really thinks he'll match what Fitz did. That's not logical at all. 350 yards and 3TD-3INT is very logical though in this game. That's good for about 25 points in PPR. I'll take that. His issue has been fumbling in the past which is a concern. Otherwise, a prime match-up to do lots of damage against a very weak defense.

I just picked him up. I'm considering deploying him this week instead of Wentz. It's a sweet matchup, he has more weapons than past years... He SHOULD be ready to explode. Should...

Edited by Spyplane

Kind of how many baseball pitchers can be "innings eaters"...

Jameis is a "yards getter". Sure he's not efficient and also doesn't necessarily help his team win. He fumbles and throws picks. But he also gets touchdowns and lots of yards.

A game like the falcons? Throwing picks means he'll be down by more and will need to throw more. Starting over Watson this week

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm going with Crab Legs over Large Ben this week. I seem to recall Ben commonly having difficulty in Cincy.

Edited by Vendetta
  • Haha 2

I held my nose and added him as Watson insurance. 

Maybe he shocks the world and becomes a productive player.

Just to elaborate - there's no way to tell exactly what he's going to do that's any different from Fitz.

What s this dude most known for - INTs. Yeah he threw 2 in limited time Wk 4 in his "half" of play.

I think the jury's out if this guy even belongs in the NFL as a backup. His play is too erratic TO DATE to make him any more than your avg journeyman.

Edited by SuperJoint

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Is anyone streaming Winston over a top 5 QB? This matchup this week is just TOO good to pass up..

Im still undecided....Winston or Ryan

Ryan plays very well at home in the dome so I may not. 

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Is anyone streaming Winston over a top 5 QB? This matchup this week is just TOO good to pass up..

Winston is a top 5 play this week on paper.  I'm starting him over some good options BUT with zero confidence in doing so cause if anyone can fall flat on their face it's this cat.

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Im still undecided....Winston or Ryan

Ryan plays very well at home in the dome so I may not. 

Im undecided as well.. Cam/Goff or Winston lol

44 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Im undecided as well.. Cam/Goff or Winston lol

Well, clearly Winston has the best match up and many of the talking heads project him higher. But, we both know, Winston is volatile.

• Like 1

Just benched Newton for Winston this week. This matchup is literally too good to pass up on. If Winston can throw for 300+ yds 2 TD and 1 INT i'll be a happy camper

This thread gonna have a ton of happy elated fantasy players or be salty as hell come Sunday eve. 

I am sure some people will probably play Jameis over Rodgers this week even hopefully he doesn't pump his team up with another pregame speech. 

Edited by Zak0221

5 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Just benched Newton for Winston this week. This matchup is literally too good to pass up on. If Winston can throw for 300+ yds 2 TD and 1 INT i'll be a happy camper

im debating between these two as well.  feel like cam has a safer floor because of the rushing yards, but jameis matchup wins out.  no guts, no whatever the saying goes...

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

If you have a Top 5 QB option then you're wasting a roster spot on a streamer that you could be using on a RB/WR that could have actual ROS value. 7-12 range, I'd absolutely grab and stream him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nflcore said:

im starting him over russell wilson..i will take 16pts aleast from him. no confidence on russell this week

same decision, i actually love both guys this week, those London games always feel like offensive explosions and OAK and SEA have bad defenses, could easily see a boat race out there.  Winston has the dream matchup against ATL but it will be his first full game back and on the road.  i imagine i'll be going back and forth till Sunday morning on this one

Going Winston over Dalton. Both good matchups, but TB has no running game.

Winston the "start of the week" everywhere. Kiss of death probably.

19 hours ago, Vendetta said:

I'm going with Crab Legs over Large Ben this week. I seem to recall Ben commonly having difficulty in Cincy.

I'm doing this same exact thing.

Cant decide if I want to start this guys this week or Andrew Luck. Luck also has a good matchup buts Winston's matchup just seems juicy

2 minutes ago, Accio55 said:

Cant decide if I want to start this guys this week or Andrew Luck. Luck also has a good matchup buts Winston's matchup just seems juicy

I would honestly be surprised if Winston is under 20 points this week

52 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

I picked him up for bye a week filler for Rivers and probably starting him this week

Did the same thing