Rolling Thunder

Jameis Winston 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

I just don't see how Koetter can go back to Fitzpatrick at this point. He has to realize how amateurish this is starting to look going back and forth between QBs every other game.  At this point, Winston should be locked in as the QB ROS.

This is pretty much the same thing I said earlier in the thread and still think its going to take A LOT to switch back to Fitz now that its clear he is no better than JW. I get the first switch back to Fitz after the start he had and how JW looked. I get the more recent switch back to JW (assuming they were not concerned with the injury clause, which the fact that he was still active each week proved they weren't). But a switch back to the old turd now wouldn't make any sense. They are both turds, but if they didn't plan on sticking with JW ROS to see what he's made of, why even bother benching Fitz? Just ride it out if that's the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nromn said:

This is pretty much the same thing I said earlier in the thread and still think its going to take A LOT to switch back to Fitz now that its clear he is no better than JW. I get the first switch back to Fitz after the start he had and how JW looked. I get the more recent switch back to JW (assuming they were not concerned with the injury clause, which the fact that he was still active each week proved they weren't). But a switch back to the old turd now wouldn't make any sense. They are both turds, but if they didn't plan on sticking with JW ROS to see what he's made of, why even bother benching Fitz? Just ride it out if that's the case.

All of this. The switches so far were justifiable. Another switch would not be, unless it's to the 3rd stringer.

• Like 1

Do you guys like Winston over Lamar Jackson this week? I was tempted to play Lamar but I feel like he's too unproven to do so at this point. At least Winston or any Bucs QB for that matter has shown very fantasy friendly numbers in every game.

52 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Do you guys like Winston over Lamar Jackson this week? I was tempted to play Lamar but I feel like he's too unproven to do so at this point. At least Winston or any Bucs QB for that matter has shown very fantasy friendly numbers in every game.

I am in literally the same conundrum. There are great cases for both this week.

4 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

I am in literally the same conundrum. There are great cases for both this week.

I added Jackson but just switched to Winston. TB is going to have to throw and Jackson is too unproven at this point.

4 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

I added Jackson but just switched to Winston. TB is going to have to throw and Jackson is too unproven at this point.

i literally picked up jackson then dropped him to switch to winston... lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, datsyuk said:

I just don't see how Koetter can go back to Fitzpatrick at this point. He has to realize how amateurish this is starting to look going back and forth between QBs every other game.  At this point, Winston should be locked in as the QB ROS.

Koetter has no confidence in any of his QBs. Seems like when one of them gets benched mid-game, the other gets the start the following week. Round and round we go. 

Its Winston job the rest of the way . He will still turn the ball over but continue to put up good numbers. He may have a few lose screws but the guy has talent.

On 19/11/2018 at 9:53 PM, Sartorialism said:

He's been officially named starter again. I was lucky enough to pick him up in my superflex league and he's available in my 2 other leagues but barring injury i won't be touching him with a barge pole in those.

I've changed my mind. I picked him up in another league and i'm confidently starting him over Rodgers this week.

7 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I'll set O/U on INTs Sunday @ 2 and take the over.

Fumbles O/U 1: betting push.

Only -1 for interception so I’m not that concerned, -2 for fumble

350 yds, 2 interceptions, 3 tds, 30 yds rushing, 1 fumble

350= 14

tds= 12

rushing= 3

int= <2>

fumble= <2>

total= 25 points

i could live with this. 

11 hours ago, ragrag said:

Koetter has no confidence in any of his QBs. Seems like when one of them gets benched mid-game, the other gets the start the following week. Round and round we go. 

Which means a full game from Winston this week. Fire him up!

• Like 1

I keep hearing these predictions of 3, 4, 5 INT's but the Niners have just two INT's on the season for a reason. Yes, it could be one of those games where we'll here that "The Niners just matched their season totals in INT's in one game". The only problem with that train of thought is that this isn't FitzTragic under center.

With Winston, its more likely that the trend against them continues and the TB air raid dominates.

Edited by nonstopfan

Going with Famous Jamies over Matty Ice. Basically clinched a bye, so a disaster isnt that bad

Edited by urban2014
  • Like 1

It’s between Winston and Lamar for me, which I think is common for many people this week. 

I’ve been cussed out and called an idiot on another forum for even considering starting Winston over Lamar. A friend who knows his stuff says to go with Lamar over Winston. 

But I’m expecting a blow up game (in a good way) for Winston. I’m leaning towards him right now. I think the chance of Winston being benched is being overstated. The QB moves this year for TB have made sense. It makes zero sense to go back to Fitz again at this point. Winston is the guy ROS.  

Now that doesn’t in and of itself mean a great fantasy day for Winston. It just means I don’t think he gets benched for throwing 3 or 4 picks. But you’ve got a 2-8 west coast team traveling to the east coast for an early Sunday game. Said west coast team has a bad defense playing against an air raid offense. The main concern for Winston is picks. The opposing defense has 2 picks all year. The O/U is 54 and Bucs are favored by 3.5. All signs to me point to Winston having a good day.

FantasyPros has Winston as the consensus #6 QB this week. Lamar at #13. Fantasy Footballers has Winston as their #3 QB this week. 

I say Winston has a good fantasy day. But what do I know. 

Edited by ff062018
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

It’s between Winston and Lamar for me, which I think is common for many people this week. 

I’ve been cussed out and called an idiot on another forum for even considering starting Winston over Lamar. A friend who knows his stuff says to go with Lamar over Winston. 

But I’m expecting a blow up game (in a good way) for Winston. I’m leaning towards him right now. I think the chance of Winston being benched is being overstated. The QB moves this year for TB have made sense. It makes zero sense to go back to Fitz again at this point. Winston is the guy ROS.  

Now that doesn’t in and of itself mean a great fantasy day for Winston. It just means I don’t think he gets benched for throwing 3 or 4 picks. But you’ve got a 2-8 west coast team traveling to the east coast for an early Sunday game. Said west coast team has a bad defense playing against an air raid offense. The main concern for Winston is picks. The opposing defense has 2 picks all year. The O/U is 54 and Bucs are favored by 3.5. All signs to me point to Winston having a good day.

FantasyPros has Winston as the consensus #6 QB this week. Lamar at #13. Fantasy Footballers has Winston as their #3 QB this week. 

Well said and I agree as well. But at the end of the day, this is fantasy and s*** happens. Either way, I think both Winston and Lamar are risking plays. But at least Winston has some sort of track record (both good & bad) where as Lamar has 1 freaking game. I'm going with Winston.

18 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

I’d have to see Lamar throw a pass before I’d feel comfortable starting him. The rushing 27 times a game thing was a fun trick the first time they tried it, but if he’s never going to throw the ball you have to think even a woeful Raiders D can gameplan to stop him.

We’ve seen Winston play full games in this offense, and it’s been the mid-game benchings rather than the turnovers that have been killing Bucs QB’s fantasy value.  Winston should play this one start to finish and I’ll take that over Lamar padding his stats with a million rushing attempts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ff062018 said:

All of the above sounds good and logically speaking, Winston should be a great play. We all know this and we all know we can support this with many reasons. I think the biggest deterrent is the possibility of being pulled at halftime if there are too many turnovers, just like last week. In my opinion, the HC should now stop doing this and just let it play out. He needs to know if JW has any future in Tampa. Did Pittsburgh pull Ben last week when tjey were scoreless at halftime? No, of course not. Tampa coach needs to do the same....let it play out and see if JW can adjust and respond to adversity. I really think HC will NOT pull JW again......so, if your concern is a halftime benching, you need not be. 

Does this help?  Do you trust me?  😎

I was on the Buccs QB carousel for awhile and thus managed to watch most of the games. It actually doesn't really matter who is at the helm, it's a high flying, pass only offence paired with a terrible defense. From a fantasy perspective it's a Hail mary every time. Boom/bust. Both him and Fitzpatrick can win you the week, or tank you completely. QB1 potential every week, with the chance of being benched every game.

IN REAL LIFE, if your QB throws 4 INTs in a game, you don't keep him in there. Koetter doesn't care about our fantasy roster.

Rewind one week ago, and a lot of fantasy experts say "there's no way they go back to Winston, he's done, injury clause etc etc". Koetter is in survival mode. There will be at least one more swap before the season is done. Or at the minimum, Winston gets benched in the middle of a game, but still is the starter for the rest of year.

Edited by potatoetree