Rolling Thunder

Jameis Winston 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Is this really a guy you want to start in a must-win game?

If that is a fantasy question than the answer is 100% yes. No run game and terrible defense means he’s almost required to throw for 350+ yards if they want to win, he’ll get a couple TDs as well. It won’t be the prettiest game from an NFL QB but in fantasy that doesn’t really matter, just look at Matt Ryan from last night and I would expect something similar from Winston.

26 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Why not?

I've been actually be pulling for the guy for much of this season and now it's time to back up my words with action. When people were on the FitzMagic train, I always thought that this was Winston's job. It's time for him to step up. I'm starting him this week.

"Magic" is temporary, "Fame" is forever. Lets go Famous Jameis :)

51 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Tampa's QB is the QB#2 on the year, he gets SF at home, and I pick my sits and starts with my brain, not thinly-veiled racism.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Tampa's QB is the QB#2 on the year, he gets SF at home, and I pick my sits and starts with my brain, not thinly-veiled racism.

What the hell do you mean by "thinly-veiled racism"? Anyone with half a brain can CLEARLY see that Fitzpatrick throws SMARTER interceptions than Jameis. Duh... Give me the guy that throws 5 intelligent picks than 5 dumb ones!

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

It's clearly a joke, but I'm glad it angered some people in this thread. 

But it is literally the dumbest pregame "speech" in the history of sports. 

30 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

What is thinly veiled racism about the video?  I have posted that cringe worthy vid and memes in this thread throughout the season.

Dude looks like a buffoon sticking his fingers in his mouth  to create a "w".

Sorry mate but that vid was purely self inflicted damage by jameis and has zero to do with racism, it would be equally if not more  cringeworthy if Tom Brady did the same thing.

Even his teammates were looking on with puzzled looks at this bizzare hype speech. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ignoring all the above racial comments...it was a pretty bizarre pre game speech.   And does call into question his overall mentality.  

The only reason he’s startable  is because he’s on a team with a terrible defense, no running game, and good weapons.

If he’s on any other team in the league, he’s one of the worst fantasy QB you could have.

But he’s not.  And I’m happy to own this crab stealing, finger eating nut job.

• Like 3

The thing that puzzles me is that when one of the comes in to replace the other, the Tampa qbs play an amazing half/quarter of football. But when the starting job is theirs, they seem to forget how to play. It’s like the monstars stealing their powers. I just don’t get it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

The thing that puzzles me is that when one of the comes in to replace the other, the Tampa qbs play an amazing half/quarter of football. But when the starting job is theirs, they seem to forget how to play. It’s like the monstars stealing their powers. I just don’t get it.

We see this effect often whenever there’s a mid-game QB change. The opposing defense has just spent all week studying film of the named starter. They aren’t equally prepared to play against the backup.

7 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Why not?

I've been actually be pulling for the guy for much of this season and now it's time to back up my words with action. When people were on the FitzMagic train, I always thought that this was Winston's job. It's time for him to step up. I'm starting him this week.

"Magic" is temporary, "Fame" is forever. Lets go Famous Jameis :)

While I didn’t play Winston this week (Matt Ryan instead) I am rooting hard for him to be successful so I could now seriously consider him weeks 13-16.  

FantasyPros has him as a top 5 play this week. Thinking about picking him up to play over Brady crazy as that sounds.

13 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

FantasyPros has him as a top 5 play this week. Thinking about picking him up to play over Brady crazy as that sounds.

Brady is sick and has a nagging knee issue, so I think that's wise, even if Brady does play.

16 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Brady is currently the QB15 on the season, just above Stafford.  He doesn’t make downfield completions, he doesn’t throw touchdowns, and he doesn’t make plays with his legs unless it’s a QB sneak at the 1 yard line. The experts will keep ranking him as an elite fantasy option because they’re often too slow to downgrade HOF names.  But your weekly lineup is not a lifetime achievement award.  Winston will probably score more fantasy points this week.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

I think it would be even crazier to start Brady over Winston. Brady isn't a week to week must start option anymore, he hasn't been all season and Winston is much more likely to score more fantasy points than him this week.

Not only is Winston a top 5 play on FP, but 85% of all experts would start him over Brady, 95% of the most accurate experts overall and 70% of the most accurate QB experts. It's a no brainer.

If Jameis has any intelligence whatever he will find a way to have a season ending injury tomorrow. 

Bucs are obliged to pay him next year.

Sweep the Leg.

40 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If Jameis has any intelligence whatever he will find a way to have a season ending injury tomorrow. 

Bucs are obliged to pay him next year.

Sweep the Leg.

Actually, it was Fitz's plan to get Winston playing again this year; explains all the retarded INTs.

Mr. Harvard is the smart one here.

Jameis Winston = Pinky

Ryan Fitzpatrick = The Brain

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Expected another TD, but overall a solid day for Famous Jameis.

Jameis Winston completed 29-of-38 passes for 312 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' Week 12 win over the 49ers.

He added seven carries for 24 yards. Most importantly, Winston avoided turnovers in a high-efficiency effort, also taking just one sack and finding Adam Humphries (28 yards) and Cameron Brate (6) for scores. Winston's ups and downs have been maddeningly frustrating all year, but this is the kind of performance he is capable of when on his game. Winston will remain a high-upside Q1 play when Tampa Bay hosts a burnable Carolina defense next.

Nov 25 - 4:12 PM

I’m shocked that he didn’t have a turnover, but good game from him and he gets you a little rushing each game as well. 

Edited by whatthef

I think my app is glitched. It isn't showing the point deduction from his turnovers.

• Haha 1