Rolling Thunder

Jameis Winston 2018 Outlook

FWIW, in Week 17 against the Saints Winston threw for 363 yards with 1 TD and 3 interceptions and added 32 yards and a TD on the ground. That adds up to just a few ticks below 22 points in standard decimal scoring and the Bucs' offense is better now.

I don't recall the playoff situation for the Saints by then but the box score shows Brees played the entire game so presumably they were battling the Vikings for a bye.

(In their earlier game in 2017 Winston went 7 for 13, presumably getting hurt since Fitz threw more passes.)

I think one point of caution about the Saints' recent defensive prowess is this is a division game. What they did against non-divisional opponents doesn't necessarily translate. Look at last week when a lousy Raiders team gave it's division rival the Chiefs a run for their money.

It looks like the weather forecast is 100% chance of rain. Heavy rainfall possible. 10-20 mph winds. 

So ive either got Winston in thunderstorms or Goff in the freezing cold at the Bears. Plus I’ve got Lutz in the Bucs vs Saints game. Loved the matchup before. But this is shaping up to be real bad for the playoffs. 

Edited by ff062018

2 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

It looks like the weather forecast is 100% chance of rain. Heavy rainfall possible. 10-20 mph winds. 

So ive either got Winston in thunderstorms or Goff in the freezing cold at the Bears. Plus I’ve got Lutz in the Bucs vs Saints game. Loved the matchup before. But this is shaping up to be real bad for the playoffs. 

Same boat, don't know what to do. Shoot me

As long as the wind isnt too bad, the rain will likely benefit him and the WRs.

Rain isn’t an issue at all, unless if you have a WR that doesn’t wear gloves. The gloves they wear now become almost like glue when wet.

13 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

Rain isn’t an issue at all, unless if you have a WR that doesn’t wear gloves. The gloves they wear now become almost like glue when wet.

OJ will bring the gloves.

22 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

As long as the wind isnt too bad, the rain will likely benefit him and the WRs.

21 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

Looks like the wind is expected to be 10-15 MPH. Should we expect that to have a large enough impact that we should  factor it into whether to start him, or should it not matter?

Edited by ff062018

1 minute ago, ff062018 said:

Looks like the wind is expected to be 10-15 MPH. Is that a large enough impact to factor into whether to start him, or should it not matter?

meh ... no worse than last week's conditions, and he did just fine. 

11 hours ago, ff062018 said:

Looks like the wind is expected to be 10-15 MPH. Should we expect that to have a large enough impact that we should  factor it into whether to start him, or should it not matter?

That's not too bad. 

If you use the dark sky app, Tampa only shows around 9-7 mph winds, that’s starting at 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Miami is the real wind threat.

1 minute ago, ImthenewGoff said:

If you use the dark sky app, Tampa only shows around 9-7 mph winds, that’s starting at 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Miami is the real wind threat.

The rain is still a thing however, just wanted to put my data in for consideration.

In my head....this feels like a game that could turn to a shoot out.

My money's on NO winning, but I could easily see this turning into a 38-30 kind of game between the two teams. 

The way I see it, 1 of 2 things are going to happen:

1. It's a close game, shootout, and the teams go back and forth in what turns out to be one of those 38-30 kind of games.

2. NO goes up by 7-10 points early, taking the run away from TB, forcing Winston to throw more, which means more opportunities.

Considering I have Kirk Cousins as my other QB on the roster....And I don't trust starting him @SEA...

Jameis Winston might throw an INT or 2...but I could see this being a 30-46, 300 Passing Yards 3 TD / 2 INT, 40 Rushing Yards kind of day for Winston..

Edited by CORTEz
  • Like 1

According to the weather app, looks like the rain is actually trailing off around 12-1.  

Winds around 9-11 mph.

I’m in central time zone so I’m not sure if the time it’s showing is central or eastern. If eastern, the rain may be completely gone by gametime according to this. And wind isn’t too bad either way. 

But I would expect sloppy field will be an issue. Not sure what impact that will have on the passing game. 

Edited by ff062018

They just showed live video of the field on the NFL Network...yikes, it looks like a muddy mess. 

Edited by Corleone

20 minutes ago, Corleone said:

They just showed live video of the field on the NFL Network...yikes, it looks like a muddy mess. 

Disregard the above (it's not letting me edit), as what looked like a muddy mess is actually a tarp colored like mud. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

i'm considering starting josh allen over winston cause of this weather. this game smells of fantasy busts besides kamara (maybe ingram)

Literally several posts above yours stating it likely won't be raining at game time.

Just now, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Yeah I know but muddy field conditions concern me as well. 

Tarp covered the field.  I thought mud favors offense?