fletch44

Gregory Polanco 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, beauso79 said:

Apparently Polanco is done for the year 

Not exactly the piece of news I wanted given that I am starting my semifinal on Monday.

He was my best OF and probably 2nd best hitter at time of injury.  Hope that shoulder is OK.  Knee will be fine.

Edited by B&F

Was putting together solid season...brutal news that its shoulder as well now 7-9 months.   Put it in the middle, call it 8 months and we are looking at May to play, usually some extended spring/rehab time so probably not back to the bigs until what June?  How much does that devalue him in drafts and auctions?  

I do not how similar the injury is to Conforto's but it could be a similar time frame for recovery.

11 minutes ago, B&F said:

I do not how similar the injury is to Conforto's but it could be a similar time frame for recovery.

It’s a similar injury and I’d expect a similar timeline. I’d also expect a poor 1st half out of him next year with a return to form in the 2nd half. Thinking ahead, he seems like he’ll be a good guy to let someone else draft and then try to buy low on around the midpoint next year.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 12:57 PM, meh2 said:

It’s a similar injury and I’d expect a similar timeline. I’d also expect a poor 1st half out of him next year with a return to form in the 2nd half. Thinking ahead, he seems like he’ll be a good guy to let someone else draft and then try to buy low on around the midpoint next year.

This.  Although I don't have a lot of faith if he can't learn to slide correctly.