SpecialFNK

Ryon Healy 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Might be a breakout coming here folks. Actually walking a little too in the last 10 games, and just mashing balls. He hitting 6th now? Decent RBI spot in that lineup too.

Might move up the lineup for the next couple of days while Cruz is recovering from hbp on the foot as well. I agree were are witnessing a breakout. My only knock on him is the lack of walks, but who doesn't like a guy that can hit between .265-.280 and give you 30 something homers.

as a biased Healy owner I think the Mariners should use Healy in the 3 spot with Cano gone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

as a biased Healy owner I think the Mariners should use Healy in the 3 spot with Cano gone.

He's no Haniger...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Nightrain said:

He's no Haniger...

True, I do think Haniger is the more obvious choice for #3.  Healy should be batting 5th even when Cruz comes back though since he's been a lot better than Seager (even with today's HR).  If he keeps producing at a fairly high level, I guess I can't complain even if they keep him in the 6th spot though.  It's still a decent spot in what will still be a fairly loaded lineup even without Cano.

Edited by KilloWertz

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

True, I do think Haniger is the more obvious choice for #3.  Healy should be batting 5th even when Cruz comes back though since he's been a lot better than Seager (even with today's HR).  If he keeps producing at a fairly high level, I guess I can't complain even if they keep him in the 6th spot though.  It's still a decent spot in what will still be a fairly loaded lineup even without Cano.

I get your point. Even though he's now batting 3rd (Haniger), he was batting mostly 6th all year before Cano's fracture. You look at Hanigers counting stats and he was at one point among the leaders in rbis. So having those batters in front 1-5, if you can hit, you will have counting stats in that lineup. 

I think he likes separating the RH Cruz with RH Healy with Seagers LH, he did the same with Haniger batting 330 and seager 230...

1 hour ago, Nightrain said:

I get your point. Even though he's now batting 3rd (Haniger), he was batting mostly 6th all year before Cano's fracture. You look at Hanigers counting stats and he was at one point among the leaders in rbis. So having those batters in front 1-5, if you can hit, you will have counting stats in that lineup. 

I think he likes separating the RH Cruz with RH Healy with Seagers LH, he did the same with Haniger batting 330 and seager 230...

Yeah, you're probably right about the separation.  I thought of that after my post.  I think Healy will be just fine no matter where he bats.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, St3v3k4hn said:

Pretty ice cold the last few weeks. Are we still believing?

Picked up Moreland this week... dropping Healy when my DL player comes back this week.

Healy is a hot/cold kind of guy.... may try him again later.

Edited by CorreaTown

8 hours ago, St3v3k4hn said:

I am, but offense has been so frustrating, I'm pretty much just adopting the "going down with the ship" approach with offense.  He's been a solid major leaguer since he's come up, and even if last year was considered somewhat disappointing, he put up solid numbers.  No, he's not a superstar or anything, but I don't see why he can't hit around .270 with 25-30 HR's and solid RBI totals (being in that lineup) over the course of a full season.  That's more than useful to me.

8 hours ago, St3v3k4hn said:

Had him last year and seemed to be his M.O. 

Heating up? 2 HR today, 1 yesterday. Might be some Miggy owners out there looking for someone to replace him.

3 hours ago, k.k. said:

Heating up? 2 HR today, 1 yesterday. Might be some Miggy owners out there looking for someone to replace him.

Looking like it.  If it's anything like the last one, it will be quite a ride.... until it ends and then he does absolutely nothing, but the last one was quite fun while it lasted.

Healy has been fools gold since I first got him.  I was patient with him and kept him on some teams close to two years now but I am glad he is no longer on any of my dynasty teams.  His 3 homer outburst the last couple of days will soon be replaced with him destroying your BA and OBS and OPS and Sanity. 

I really hopes he turns it around and becomes what it looked like he could become but I am no longer a believer.  He just has mini-spurts and isn't improving overall anymore.

• Like 1

I dropped him Sunday morning. You're all welcome. Absolved of the mush, and free to mash.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Healy has been fools gold since I first got him.  I was patient with him and kept him on some teams close to two years now but I am glad he is no longer on any of my dynasty teams.  His 3 homer outburst the last couple of days will soon be replaced with him destroying your BA and OBS and OPS and Sanity. 

I really hopes he turns it around and becomes what it looked like he could become but I am no longer a believer.  He just has mini-spurts and isn't improving overall anymore.

I’ve learned my lesson with him. I’ve dropped/benched/picked him back up multiple times this year, and always time putting him back in my lineup with a massive slump, and benching him (like this week) for a brief power binge I don’t get. Good luck trying to guess what weeks this guy is useful or roster poison. There are no in betweens.

• Like 2

Another HR today, third game in a row now. Batted 3 for 4 as well. Ride the lightning!

Healy monster is back!

gila.jpg