garlando

Luiz Gohara 2018 Outlook

He's a really interesting prospect, and the good thing is this isn't an arm injury. Unfortunately, fair or not, the fact he's picked up a few nickel and dime injuries this spring makes me think the Braves need to put an emphasis on getting him in better shape. Even if it's only 10-15 pounds, that's less stress/pressure on his joints and tendons. There are some guys who are good athletes but happen to be heavy (prime CC Sabathia/Prince Fielder types), but for most players, losing excess weight can be very helpful as a preventative measure. 

I have Gohara in a keeper league and would really like to have his roster spot.  Since he's a prospect and not necessarily guaranteed a spot since he got injured during spring training, i'm concerned that he just doesn't get a DL designation.  Hard to say right now since ALL teams seem to be taking their own sweet time in putting their players on the DL.  

He should be getting a DL designation since he's on the active roster. Patience, grasshopper. The fifth spot is his when he's ready since the Braves dumped Kazmir.

• Like 1

How does he compare to someone like Jimmy Nelson as far as a DL stash right now?

13 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

He should be getting a DL designation since he's on the active roster. Patience, grasshopper. The fifth spot is his when he's ready since the Braves dumped Kazmir.

For accuracies sake, the braves aren't announcing their 25 man until the 10 am deadline and there is a slight chance he doesn't start on the 25 man roster. 

Edited by Bigfische
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bigfische said:

For accuracies sake, the braves aren't announcing their 25 man until the 10 am deadline and there is a slight chance he doesn't start on the 25 man roster. 

I was mainly going off this tweet from a Braves reporter yesterday saying he is expected to be DL’d:

8 hours ago, pbjfb said:

How does he compare to someone like Jimmy Nelson as far as a DL stash right now?

If forced to choose one,  I'd stash Gohara.   I love Nelson but Gohara's injury isn't his arm and he's due back sooner.  

21 hours ago, BirdDog20 said:

I have Gohara in a keeper league and would really like to have his roster spot.  Since he's a prospect and not necessarily guaranteed a spot since he got injured during spring training, i'm concerned that he just doesn't get a DL designation.  Hard to say right now since ALL teams seem to be taking their own sweet time in putting their players on the DL.  

He's been placed on the DL.

Are people stashing in redraft? I know he's still 2-3 weeks away from his expected return, but I love the upside here. 

14 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Are people stashing in redraft? I know he's still 2-3 weeks away from his expected return, but I love the upside here. 

Definitely worth a look. The Braves announced during Spring Training that he had a rotation spot, so I'm assuming they're going to do everything they can to get him in there once he's activated. If the SP wire is sparse in your league (and it probably is), he's worth speculating on.

Getting closer and closer to full strength according to reports. Any Atlanta fans or insiders have any idea if this guy has a spot in the rotation waiting for him?

40 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

Getting closer and closer to full strength according to reports. Any Atlanta fans or insiders have any idea if this guy has a spot in the rotation waiting for him?

With Anibal Sanchez out, the door is pretty wide open for him to start immediately. They've tried Sims and other options with no success. Seems Gohara is the preferred option before Soroka.

• Like 1

If you've got a guy to drop the time to stash is now, supposedly 1 more rehab start then he should be up. He's DL eligible on yahoo, drop a bum pick him up and drop him in your DL and he won't even be dead weight. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

If you've got a guy to drop the time to stash is now, supposedly 1 more rehab start then he should be up. He's DL eligible on yahoo, drop a bum pick him up and drop him in your DL and he won't even be dead weight. 

This. First start should be on May 8th. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Johnny_Sapphire said:

Guy has been moved from DL to NA on yahoo if you have an open spot

In my league we don't have NA my stash on DL post got effed the second I said it. I'm still holding. 

9 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

I followed your advice around 10 this morning.....Bam he was activated,  but sitting on my DL safe and sound.....good tout my friend! 

Im interested in some projections as well. I can see he was highly thought of as a prospect.

He hasn't been very good in his rehab starts, i won't be picking him up yet

37 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

He hasn't been lights out but he's basically been fine considering they are rehab appearances. The only bad start so far really was yesterday.

Considering they're rehab appearances, his velocity isn't even turned all the way back up yet, which is probably the main thing to wait for. Whether or not you add him is completely dependent (as always) on league context.

Edited by Philoumenos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

They are rehab starts for a reason - finding his pitches and getting some practice in is more important than the actual results at the moment 

If he does come back on the 8th, he will have a few good matchups. Rays on the 8th, Marlins on the 13th, and Marlins on the 18th. Definitely picking this dude up.