garlando

Luiz Gohara 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

If he does come back on the 8th, he will have a few good matchups. Rays on the 8th, Marlins on the 13th, and Marlins on the 18th. Definitely picking this dude up.

I snagged him on my DL - Acuna, Albies, Gohara - the trinity that shall lead me to the holy place that is 1st!

ESPN had his projections at 100 innings and 144 Ks - I get that he's a K machine, but someone must of been a fan of his and smoking something at the same time - that seems crazy

21 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

If he does come back on the 8th, he will have a few good matchups. Rays on the 8th, Marlins on the 13th, and Marlins on the 18th. Definitely picking this dude up.

Not saying these are bad matchups but Rays just destroyed Price and Marlins just destroyed Kershaw.  Much more “proven” lefties.  I’m a big Gohara fan, my expectations when he comes back though are very slim.  I’m expecting many ups and downs as he settles into the bigs.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, jahweedum said:

I snagged him on my DL - Acuna, Albies, Gohara - the trinity that shall lead me to the holy place that is 1st!

ESPN had his projections at 100 innings and 144 Ks - I get that he's a K machine, but someone must of been a fan of his and smoking something at the same time - that seems crazy

He's not on the DL in my Yahoo league. I have no idea why.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Same, he got "activated" like an hour after my stash in DL post lol

4 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He was activated then sent down for rehab so he is NA now, not DL.

Gohara got rocked today at AAA. Gave up 6 runs in 4 1/3 IP with 3 strikeouts, 4 walks and 2 HRs.

Looks like he's still working things out. I don't think his MLB return is imminent.

2 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Gohara got rocked today at AAA. Gave up 6 runs in 4 1/3 IP with 3 strikeouts, 4 walks and 2 HRs.

Looks like he's still working things out. I don't think his MLB return is imminent.

Safe to say Soroka has passed him up?

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Safe to say Soroka has passed him up?

Gohara basically just started spring training. Not sure it’s an either/or thing 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tuesdays said:

Gohara basically just started spring training. Not sure it’s an either/or thing 

This is his 4th rehab start. The starts have gotten progressively worse each time out. I was and still am pretty high on his skillset but instead of forcing the Braves front office into a tough decision he is instead giving them an easy out. I do believe Soroka has passed him up in the pecking order. He may have to wait now until either Teheran or McCarthy get hurt or pitch their way out of the rotation.

I think this guy is droppable if your in a roster crunch.  I love up the upside and K potential, but so long as Soroka pitches well, and the regulars don't get hurt, Gohara is likely going to stay down in the minors and continue his development.  I'm in a fairly deep 12 team 5x5 roto with a short bench and 22 starting players, and he's my next drop. 

2 hours ago, dicka24 said:

I think this guy is droppable if your in a roster crunch.  I love up the upside and K potential, but so long as Soroka pitches well, and the regulars don't get hurt, Gohara is likely going to stay down in the minors and continue his development.  I'm in a fairly deep 12 team 5x5 roto with a short bench and 22 starting players, and he's my next drop. 

Yeah, I'm in a 14 teamer, and I dropped him for some RP ratios. I love his potential, but he hasn't exactly set AAA on fire yet. The last start was pretty bad, so Soroka seems like he'll get some more tries I guess.

A tweet from David O'Brien of the  Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

Luiz Gohara not making what would've been his scheduled rotation turn tonight at Triple-A Gwinnett. It's not health reasons. Hearing he could be latest young starter to get innings out of #Braves big-league bullpen, like Fried and Sims.

He could be an interesting reliever, but in most redraft formats he's probably droppable.

1 hour ago, SpartyOn4 said:

A tweet from David O'Brien of the  Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

He could be an interesting reliever, but in most redraft formats he's probably droppable.

I’m surprised they’re still calling him up after those AAA stinkers, but I guess the bullpen makes a sensible compromise. Not really worth adding though for me. 

Dammit. Drafted him, have held this long. Reckon I’ll give him a couple more weeks and see if he forces their hand / any Atlanta pitcher struggles. I still think he’ll be in the rotation sooner rather than later if he can get it going. This may be a good way to let him cut loose and get his velocity and confidence up. 

Do not the Braves know this screws up the plans I have for him on my fantasy baseball team?  Should they not consult me on same first?  Because, as always, it is ALWAYS about my fantasy baseball teams first, last and always, dammit!

Nothing here on him?

He’s been called up to be used in relief, could be a dominant middle reliever this year for he doesn’t make it into their rotation.  He has struggled so far, but relieving has fixed people’s issues before.

my big question is if he will stay up or not. Anyone find any evidence of the their long term plan for him this year?

3 inning save last night.  fairly low pressure situation against a pretty bad team, but looked solid.  anyone think he makes his way into the rotation any time soon?

The emergence of Soroka has def put a damper on an opening in the starting rotation for him. I'd imagine he's still a bit rusty too. 

I'm wondering if we'll see Gohara in long relief situations or generally 2+ inning spots.  Could be a Peacock-like asset to fantasy teams if he doesn't break into the starting rotation.

1 hour ago, herschel said:

3 inning save last night.  fairly low pressure situation against a pretty bad team, but looked solid.  anyone think he makes his way into the rotation any time soon?

Think there needs to be an injury at this point. 

His line from that 3 inning save isn't exactly confidence building.

Letting him throw three innings is a good sign for his chances of making starts later in the year.  I don't think the Braves or any fan would expect Brandon McCarthy to make it through a full year healthy.  The question for Gohara is whether or not he's stretched out enough to take McCarthy's spot whenever it inevitably opens, and whether or not Gohara is performing.  Allard is also at AAA, so does he too pass Gohara?

2 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Looks like the next CC Sabathia to me

luiz-gohara-2017-mj.jpg?w=640

Goddamn this guy is fat!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Soroka to the DL plus this.  Could be solid stash....

Max Fried was scratched from his start for Triple-A Gwinnett on Thursday, according to David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

This likely means a promotion is coming for the left-hander, assuming this isn't injury related. The 24-year-old southpaw could be a replacement for Luiz Gohara, who is reportedly going to be sent down in the coming days to be stretched out as a starter.
  • Thanks 1

You figure since he has pitched three innings and only 2.1 innings, he will need at least one start of 4 innings or so to get stretched out so that he can have a five inning start in near future.....well, that's my hope as a Gohara owner in a keeper league.