osb_tensor

Jesse Winker 2018 Outlook

Schebler to the DL = everyday status for the foreseeable future (although he essentially been starting every game lately)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abachar said:

Schebler to the DL = everyday status for the foreseeable future (although he essentially been starting every game lately)

time to scoop him while you can - hitting cleanup everyday in that lineup should lend it self to OF3 level productivity.

The Reds are concerned enough about Winker's shoulder soreness that he might need to go on the DL, MLB.com's Mark Sheldon reports. "I'm concerned about it," Reds president of baseball operations Dick Williams said. "We want to dig into it and make sure we have a really good handle for what it is. I could see us taking the conservative approach because his long-term health is really important to us."
Spin: 

Initially this was considered a day-to-day injury, but the Reds' concern has heightened. If he doesn't show improvement in the next day or two, the DL trip is likely.

bummer

Welp, that's disappointing. Was becoming a true breakout year for him. Might keep his fantasy price tag cheap in 2019 though. 

I hate when it goes from needing a day or two of rest, to out for the year. My trust of injury diagnosis goes down everyday. 

Sucks for Winker, was really excited to see what he could do the last two months. Now to scour the scrap heap of an NL only waiver wire. Neither of the call ups to replace him look exciting. 

This continues the gravy train of injuries I've had in my redraft league this year.  Drafted Corey Seager and Travis D'Arnaud, picked up Cespedes after someone dropped him (when we thought he'd be out for 1-2 weeks max), picked up Schebler who immediately went on DL, picked up Winker to replace Schebler. 

For those of you keeping track, I picked up Gregory Polanco recently.  I'd say it's safe to drop him now as his head will likely fall off within the next week.