GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Roto blurb says Ken Dixon expected to miss "some time."  No source or anything listed, just that little sentence.  

Helps Collins, Dixon was his main threat for carries.

Edited by Ponchosox

I am considering trading for Collins. I had him last year but was a bit disappointed with the production. This years seems like it will be different though 

Just now, Ponchosox said:

Helps Collins, Dixon was his main threat fir carries.

I was just coming to post this. AC has a longer leash with only Buck Allen behind him.

31 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

[removed for brevity]

In summation, his usage was tracking to be the exact same as last year, plus he was in the game for the vast majority of the touches inside the 10. And Dixon didn’t have any run with the starters. These are good things. 

I appreciate this analysis...This is the kind of info you can use when targeting a buy low. I had AC last season and dropped him during the early days when there was chatter about his fumbling issues (2 fumbles in 3 games, 25 carries combined with 2 in 30 carries with Seattle), and it has bugged me since. 

I didn't get to watch this game, but I saw the box score and said "ewww...glad I didn't draft AC"...now I may try to trade for him. 

I’m more concerned with the fumbling than the usage. Coaches clearly punished him for it imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magoo said:

I’m more concerned with the fumbling than the usage. Coaches clearly punished him for it imo.

Nobody really doubted his talent last year, more worried the guy would screw it up with fumbling. The guy can run but he also knows how to put the ball on the turf going back to his college days. He fumbled early in the year last year but got it under control. Hope he can do it again this year for his owners sake, although I think he has a bit longer leash this year now that he's more established. 

1 hour ago, Magoo said:

This, as long as he doesn't fumble, he should produce RB2 numbers.  But eventually Harbaugh, might just say enough is enough.  Turnovers lose games, it's been proven. Hopefully he can manage this and have a productive season.

Well, if Harbaugh does decide "enough is enough," with a few more Collins fumbles, who would the Ravens turn to?  Made-of-glass Dixon?  Passing back Buck Allen?  There isn't an easy two-down banger in sight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well, if Harbaugh does decide "enough is enough," with a few more Collins fumbles, who would the Ravens turn to?  Made-of-glass Dixon?  Passing back Buck Allen?  There isn't an easy two-down banger in sight.

Good point Shark.  I'm wondering if Allen can handle 15-20 touches.  He gets the ball a lot in the red zone, so Harbaugh trusts him.

25 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I was shocked with Collins usage even with the fumble.  I really looks like the Ravens want to go another direction, but can’t.

Collins is many multiples of more talented than Buck Allen running the ball, but Buck Allen might be the back to own for consistent production.

I don’t have Collins, but I may pick up Allen to see how this unfolds.  I’ll wait to see who gets dropped first.

39 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Harbaugh has no problems taking someone in FA market. I'm not sure who is out there at the moment with talent

7 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I was shocked with Collins usage even with the fumble.  I really looks like the Ravens want to go another direction, but can’t.

Collins is many multiples of more talented than Buck Allen running the ball, but Buck Allen might be the back to own for consistent production.

I don’t have Collins, but I may pick up Allen to see how this unfolds.  I’ll wait to see who gets dropped first.

I mean, he got pulled 5 min into the 3rd quarter with the rest of the starters. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think he would have gotten most of Dixon’s rushing attempts if he wasn’t being rested.

The real red flag would be if he was out there running with the 2s and 3s. 

If the Ravens wanted to go another direction, they would have brought in FAs or drafted one. They picked up 0 RBs in the offseason. 

Hard to believe Harbaugh and Co. went into this season naive enough to think Collins was never going to fumble again. Let alone with the intention of changing plans so quickly with no solid plan B.

If Dixon was in contention for the starting job as much as this forum makes it appear to be, he would have been making noise in camp, or at least by now especially. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

I mean, he got pulled 5 min into the 3rd quarter with the rest of the starters. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think he would have gotten most of Dixon’s rushing attempts if he wasn’t being rested.

The real red flag would be if he was out there running with the 2s and 3s. 

If the Ravens wanted to go another direction, they would have brought in FAs or drafted one. They picked up 0 RBs in the offseason. 

Hard to believe Harbaugh and Co. went into this season naive enough to think Collins was never going to fumble again. Let alone with the intention of changing plans so quickly with no solid plan B.

If Dixon was in contention for the starting job as much as this forum makes it appear to be, he would have been making noise in camp, or at least by now especially. 

I’m not telling anyone to drop Collins, but Allen and Dixon might get more work than we hope.

7 13 1.9 1 1 1 6 6.0 0 1 7.90

1.9 YPC isn’t what I expected considering the other backs did fine running the ball.  If he didn’t get the TD he would have been a disaster.

I think there’s enough uncertainty to be cautious.  With Allen at least you have a safe floor in PPR if the situation is unsettled.

I highly doubt last weeks game script will be duplicated again this season. Chalk it up to an anomaly, if he sucks on Thursday then start to worry. Too much overacting for the first week. 

A fumble on TNF and his days as their featured 2 down runner are gone. Lots of pressure on the Irish dancer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's been covered but it made a lot of sense to pull/rest Collins in a blowout considering they have a divisional matchup against the Bengals on Thursday night. 

There's definitely some pressure on Collins to hold onto the football and have a solid game, but Dixon going down with yet another injury pretty much ensures that the Ravens will remain committed to him for the foreseeable future. 

Buck Allen is a solid stash and hold though, if you have the room. He's shown he can be productive when he gets touches. 

28 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

I think it's been covered but it made a lot of sense to pull/rest Collins in a blowout considering they have a divisional matchup against the Bengals on Thursday night. 

There's definitely some pressure on Collins to hold onto the football and have a solid game, but Dixon going down with yet another injury pretty much ensures that the Ravens will remain committed to him for the foreseeable future. 

Buck Allen is a solid stash and hold though, if you have the room. He's shown he can be productive when he gets touches. 

Dixon out eliminets his direct compfor touches but if he fumbles again expect Buck to get more touches like he did last year when the fumbles were going on

I don't like Collins. I've stated in this thread that i'm not the biggest fan of him at his ADP nor do I own a single share.

However, overreacting is silly at this point. This game showed nothing. Bills might be the worst team I have ever seen on offense.

Just now, Pooskay said:

he's a fumble away from being benched.

Hard to feel good about that.

Is that your opinion or a fact? He fumbled 2 times in 3 games last year before going off. He's the only RB who fits a role. 4 Fumbles is a lot. Plenty of talented backs have had more... I mean should we even go over the fact that the best Running Back in the past decade has a massive fumbling issue? 

I don't think people appropriately evaluate how the Ravens feel about Collins. Maybe he does lose the job on a fumble. I don't think so right now. I don't think the Ravens will improve their chances of winning at all by using KD and Buck. 

1 hour ago, taobball said:

The guy who ceded more first team carries to Gore than Collins did to anyone? And got outplayed up and down by Gore between the tackles? Pass. 

So many logical flaws. "considering the other backs did fine running the ball...." when ? Against the second team? Like it's these kind of comments that make me think people don't watch football. How are we comparing 7 carries of running back performacne against other small sample carries late in a 40-0 game? 

Nonsense.

Again, this makes zero sense. The Ravens protected the f--- out of Collins all Preseason. They didn't let him play. They didn't let him have the opportunity to get hurt. They clearly believe he is a rare playmaker in this offense, IMO, and the moment the game became an utter blow-out they took him out.

Are you suggesting they benched Collins because he fumbled it and not because it was 40-0 and they benched the starters? Because that's just not true. 

--

Knock on Collins has always been fumbles, so rain, s--- weather or not, this isn't a good thing. That said, I go more with what a user above said: there's no one else here for this role. In the same way that the Bears didn't bring in a tackles-back to replace Howard should something go wrong, the Ravens pushed Collins into this role and said "we're good." I don't care about Dixon. Even healthy. He still didn't look good against the second team. Don't care about Allen. 

Overreact if you want. I'm feeling pretty good still. 

Yikes if this is your assessment.

Edited by ponza88