GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

If owners are panicking over Collins, I'd advise others in their league to immediately send buy-low offers for him. 

Almost zero competition for Collins. Dixon was the one guy I was a little worried about just because they used a high draft pick on him and he's more of an early down back whereas Buck Allen is more of a third down back.

32 minutes ago, taobball said:

Kenneth Dixon will still have truthers next year, you watch. 

Been fighting the same argument for three years.

Not that it matters now, but some of those truthers seem to reside in Baltimore's FO and coaching staff

Just now, SuperMarksBros. said:

Not that it matters now, but some of those truthers seem to reside in Baltimore's FO and coaching staff

Show me those quotes, then. 

Most of the Baltimore-centric information I've seen dating back to mid-2017 has been incredibly pro-Collins. I know a few people from Annapolis. They all love Collins. They all did not think Dixon was relevant. He was "that guy we drafted in the fourth round, who might someday be something if he can stay healthy." Alex Collins was "That Gem we struck last year that helped almost lead our team to the playoffs." 

My ENTIRE beef about the Dixon argument is your exact misconception. I don't think your statement is 1% true. Dynasty owners are the reason Dixon stays relevant, not anything from the FO. Dynasty Owners have been clinging to the same lines of hype that they were in the Kenneth Dixon 2016 thread. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Almost zero competition for Collins. Dixon was the one guy I was a little worried about just because they used a high draft pick on him and he's more of an early down back whereas Buck Allen is more of a third down back.

Buck Allen raises his hand and says hi

159eaba7c7ee1db6a2b78870e245f945-origina

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, nonstopfan said:

Buck Allen raises his hand and says hi

159eaba7c7ee1db6a2b78870e245f945-origina

Buck Allen will get snaps. But define competition. If I wanted Collins to catch 50 balls, this is a very relevant point. I don't think Collins will though. 

Collins is clearly a better runner between the tackles. It was already pointed out that Buck didn't even take many carries when Collins got benched for the Fumble. He's not a good tackles runner. Buck can catch 3-5 passes a game and Collins can still be a bellcow. 

43 minutes ago, TrillaTrilla said:

buck allen. lol. definition of a JAG

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

Allen vultured quite a few TD's last year, they seem to trust him at the goal line.  I'm wondering if he ever carried a heavy workload with Harbaugh?  This guy might be a good handcuff were  Collins to continue to have fumbling issues.

via a RB Usage thread on Reddit: 

Ravens

Alex Collins was the only back to gain rushing yardage until the 7th drive of game (Allen 4 yards, and after that it was the 10th drive Allen gaining another yard). Looking at box score you might not know this but Collins is clear lead back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, taobball said:

Ravens

Alex Collins was the only back to gain rushing yardage until the 7th drive of game (Allen 4 yards, and after that it was the 10th drive Allen gaining another yard). Looking at box score you might not know this but Collins is clear lead back.

1) Buck was in the game in the 3rd drive and 5th drive.

2) Looking at only the first 7 drives ignores the impact of Collins’ fumble. 5 fumbles in his last 16 games.

Collins is the lead for sure right now but there’s reason for concern. 

3 minutes ago, taobball said:

Ravens

Not sure who would argue that he is the lead back today. What happens when this fumbling pro puts another on the ground? That’s what is worrying Collins owners. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruut6 said:

1) Buck was in the game in the 3rd drive and 5th drive.

2) Looking at only the first 7 drives ignores the impact of Collins’ fumble. 5 fumbles in his last 16 games.

Collins is the lead for sure right now but there’s reason for concern. 

How? He fumbled and was punished. Obviously if he continuously fumbles he will eventually be benched. Depending on the frequency, it will be quicker. His performance also will have a lot to do with it. Do you know how many fumbles AP had in his first three years in the NFL? 

Just now, phisouza33 said:

Not sure who would argue that he is the lead back today. What happens when this fumbling pro puts another on the ground? That’s what is worrying Collins owners. 

Puts one more? Not that much IMO, especially if it doesn't happen tomorrow. He's in a bit of a dog house. He also lost two fumbles in his first three games last year and then became the lead back for the Ravens. Hopefully this games a bit drier. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taobball said:

How? He fumbled and was punished. Obviously if he continuously fumbles he will eventually be benched. Depending on the frequency, it will be quicker. His performance also will have a lot to do with it. Do you know how many fumbles AP had in his first three years in the NFL? 

Puts one more? Not that much IMO, especially if it doesn't happen tomorrow. He's in a bit of a dog house. He also lost two fumbles in his first three games last year and then became the lead back for the Ravens. Hopefully this games a bit drier. 

So we are going to compare Collins to AP early years????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice game coming tomorrow night, id put money down he gets a TD, just a feeling with the way this situation is working out with injuries etc etc being talked about recently here

1 minute ago, kencav said:

So we are going to compare Collins to AP early years????

Not at all. I usually compare him to Marshawn.

In reality, the point is simply that acting like two fumbles is going to bench any RB isn't a reality.

Their are two factors. 

The more he fumbles, the more he risks losing PT.

The more he outperforms Allen, the more he solidifies his position. 

I believe the latter will ultimately outweigh the former. he may fumble 2-3 more times this year. I don't expect it to be more. But the point is that the better you play, the longer the leash. 

If we're keeping the same mathematical factors, AP had 9 Fumbles in a season, so really I'm saying he has to be HALF as good and fumble 4.5 times :rolleyes:

It's also just a point in favor of the fact that good RBs can improve in this element. 

AP Fumbled 19 Times and lost 12 in his first three years. That's absurd-- so absurd I don't know how many people who weren't serious players or football fans would even remember it. He fumbled only once the next two years and only more than 3 times once more in his entire career. 

• Like 1

Geez...people comparing Collins to AP now? Collins is a JAG in a good situation. I'm not knocking him for it because sometimes that's all it take to be relevant. But lets not over do it folks. lol

12 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Geez...people comparing Collins to AP now? Collins is a JAG in a good situation. I'm not knocking him for it because sometimes that's all it take to be relevant. But lets not over do it folks. lol

AP wishes he was on Alex Collins level. 

19 minutes ago, taobball said:

How? He fumbled and was punished.

Because you specifically used the fact that he was the only one with a carry BEFORE he fumbles as evidence he’s the clear cut #1 still. Which ignores the fumble and resulting timeshare.

3 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Because you specifically used the fact that he was the only one with a carry BEFORE he fumbles as evidence he’s the clear cut #1 still. Which ignores the fumble and resulting timeshare.

No it doesn’t. You believe that the fumble created a time share. I believe it didn’t. I believe Collins got back in the game, and then left with the starters. You’re interpreting one piece of the data as far more important than I am, that’s all. 

I dont think the Ravens have changed their backfield plans from the offseason. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

You're nitpicking, he's comparing him to one of AP's worst traits. Which does go to show that the leash on fumbles can be quite long if the coaching staff believes in the guy. Obviously Collins' leash will never be as long as one of the GOATs. But if the staff believes in the guy, 2, 3 or even 4+ fumbles aren't enough for him to be benched into oblivion. Yes it is a concern, but all indicators tell us they think of him as a bellcow, undisputed #1, and a guy they plan to roll through. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Maybe, we’ll revisit and I could be wrong. I think Alex Collins is Marshawn Lynch entering his prime. We’ll see. 

2 hours ago, taobball said:

Show me those quotes, then. 

Most of the Baltimore-centric information I've seen dating back to mid-2017 has been incredibly pro-Collins. I know a few people from Annapolis. They all love Collins. They all did not think Dixon was relevant. He was "that guy we drafted in the fourth round, who might someday be something if he can stay healthy." Alex Collins was "That Gem we struck last year that helped almost lead our team to the playoffs." 

My ENTIRE beef about the Dixon argument is your exact misconception. I don't think your statement is 1% true. Dynasty owners are the reason Dixon stays relevant, not anything from the FO. Dynasty Owners have been clinging to the same lines of hype that they were in the Kenneth Dixon 2016 thread. 

Quotes?  What are you talking about?  He's spent the VAST majority of the last 2+ on the trainers table or IR, yet they continue to roster him and trot him out any chance they get (however far between those chances are), and you need quotes from the team to realize they want him to succeed(for whatever reason)?  

Dixon was a 4th round pick, any other team would've cut bait on this guy long ago. 

Btw,What do dynasty owners have to do with Baltimore rostering Kenneth Dixon?  

Edited by SuperMarksBros.

22 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

That didn't happen...

The comparison was about the amount of fumbles needed to have a teams lead back lose touches, not saying Collins is just like AP. 

Situation is 90% of fantasy

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Like 1