GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, SuperMarksBros. said:

Quotes?  What are you talking about?  He's spent the VAST majority of the last 2+ on the trainers table or IR, yet they continue to roster him and trot him out any chance they get (however far between those chances are), and you need quotes from the team to realize they want him to succeed(for whatever reason)?  

 

Dixon was a 4th round pick, any other team would've cut bait on this guy long ago.

 

 

 

So the Ravens are very high on him because they haven’t cut him? Even though they’ve essentially done nothing but stash him on IR for two years? They play him as often as they can but he didn’t see the field until his team was up by 40? 

 

Why cut a guy off IR?

 

Anyone close to FO from reporters to writers to fans that I’ve spoken to says you’re wrong. No source I’ve found in the past year says the Ravens believe Dixon is favored to Collins. It’s a guy they like that they hope can be a contributor and better than Buck if healthy. Except he’s not healthy. 

 

Look ok we can disagree,  no sour grapes here. I just think your interpretation of the FO and how they perceive their backs is inaccurate based on all the research I’ve done on the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, taobball said:

 

No it doesn’t. You believe that the fumble created a time share. I believe it didn’t. I believe Collins got back in the game, and then left with the starters. You’re interpreting one piece of the data as far more important than I am, that’s all. 

 

I dont think the Ravens have changed their backfield plans from the offseason. 

Oh boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taobball said:

 

So the Ravens are very high on him because they haven’t cut him? Even though they’ve essentially done nothing but stash him on IR for two years? They play him as often as they can but he didn’t see the field until his team was up by 40? 

 

Why cut a guy off IR?

 

Anyone close to FO from reporters to writers to fans that I’ve spoken to says you’re wrong. No source I’ve found in the past year says the Ravens believe Dixon is favored to Collins. It’s a guy they like that they hope can be a contributor and better than Buck if healthy. Except he’s not healthy. 

 

Look ok we can disagree,  no sour grapes here. I just think your interpretation of the FO and how they perceive their backs is inaccurate based on all the research I’ve done on the subject.

OK you win, I dont have any sources on the team or on the beat.  I've observed teams cut bait quicker on more heavily invested players, these guys seem to want to give Dixon every possible chance to succeed, just an observation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

OK you win, I dont have any sources on the team or on the beat.  I've observed teams cut bait quicker on more heavily invested players, these guys seem to want to give Dixon every possible chance to succeed, just an observation.

 

Look im not trying to beat anyone into submission. Everyone’s free to see it how they see it. I just truly believe that the ravens throughout the offseason saw Collins as a potential workhorse and Dixon as a reserve RB with some okay potential. I don’t think they consider/ed them closely, but that is something that I cannot prove empirically. I just fundamentally did not view Dixon as a threat. 

 

Look im much more in danger of eating crow here than anyone. I think he’s Marshawn for the next four years. That might end up being the dumbest thing I’ve ever said on the board but I pretty much believe it. I’m just willing to die by this sword is all. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God people don’t know football. Dixon was playing with all the bench warmers and all the starters were resting. A blind person could spot that. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you guys feeling about Collins tomorrow night? Bengals seem to have a solid D and it's a short week.....these "prime time" Thursday night games are usually low scoring. 

 

I can possibly see the Ravens lean more on the run game tomorrow which could set up a nice game for Collins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leopard said:

How are you guys feeling about Collins tomorrow night? Bengals seem to have a solid D and it's a short week.....these "prime time" Thursday night games are usually low scoring. 

 

I can possibly see the Ravens lean more on the run game tomorrow which could set up a nice game for Collins. 

Benching him, but I have Conner and Drake also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leopard said:

How are you guys feeling about Collins tomorrow night? Bengals seem to have a solid D and it's a short week.....these "prime time" Thursday night games are usually low scoring. 

 

I can possibly see the Ravens lean more on the run game tomorrow which could set up a nice game for Collins. 

Benching for Cmc, Hunt & Conner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Leopard said:

How are you guys feeling about Collins tomorrow night? Bengals seem to have a solid D and it's a short week.....these "prime time" Thursday night games are usually low scoring. 

 

I can possibly see the Ravens lean more on the run game tomorrow which could set up a nice game for Collins. 

 

Bengals and ravens are usually always close games. Everyone on both sides should eat. I’m starting him at flex and feel pretty good about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will see a healthy dose of Alex Collins tomorrow night.  He may have been punished for the fumble, but at that point Harbaugh was probably thinking a nice rest for Thursday night as well.  That game was sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mjb said:

 

Allen vultured quite a few TD's last year, they seem to trust him at the goal line.  I'm wondering if he ever carried a heavy workload with Harbaugh?  This guy might be a good handcuff were  Collins to continue to have fumbling issues.

1.) Collins has had 7 TDs in his last 8 games. If he's vulturing, its not affecting Collins status as a RB2 in fantasy.

 

2.) He had a prime chance for a lead back roll his rookie year after Forsett got hurt. 7 Games, 95 Carries and could only amass 3.5 YPC. They would draft Dixon next year. Then of course he had a chance to earn a lead back roll this year... and got outclassed on the ground by Collins.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Collins.  I have been banging the drum for this kid since he got promoted off the practice squad and promptly picked him up in dynasty because I saw a great opportunity that he could seize.  But he has GOT to stop putting the ball on the ground.  I love watching him run, but I also hold my breath that he's going to fumble his way out of the lead role.  He has a chance to be really special this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

 

 

Bengals and ravens are usually always close games. Everyone on both sides should eat. I’m starting him at flex and feel pretty good about it.

Your flex should always been your last player to play at that position. Otherwise rock on. I’m benching for Zeke CMC and Ajayi in a standard league. Starting over a bunch of average wrs and Lindsay/Barber in another. Trying to trade for him in a couple more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mjb said:

 

Allen vultured quite a few TD's last year, they seem to trust him at the goal line.  I'm wondering if he ever carried a heavy workload with Harbaugh?  This guy might be a good handcuff were  Collins to continue to have fumbling issues.

 

30 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

1.) Collins has had 7 TDs in his last 8 games. If he's vulturing, its not affecting Collins status as a RB2 in fantasy.

 

2.) He had a prime chance for a lead back roll his rookie year after Forsett got hurt. 7 Games, 95 Carries and could only amass 3.5 YPC. They would draft Dixon next year. Then of course he had a chance to earn a lead back roll this year... and got outclassed on the ground by Collins.

 

Echoing some things I've just posted on the Allen thread.

 

Collins was given a different role after the bye for 7 games, and in those 7 Games he was an excellent bellcow, and the Ravens went from a 4-5 team to a 5-2 team.

 

During that stretch, he had 23 RZ carries. Prior to it he had 4. If you extrapolate 23 RZ carries, you get 52.6, which is less than only Gurley and Lev.

 

He was also far more efficient, getting 30 More yards and 2 more TDs on 5 fewer carries than Allen. 

 

We'll see how Collins is used in teh RZ this year. I think it will be often. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big game tonight, expectations?

 

My only worry is he puts the ball on the ground and gets benched. If he can make it through this game without doing that, we should be in great position. I think his floor is fairly safe, ceiling seems capped, but that is what you want out of your RB2 or FLEX guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Big game tonight, expectations?

 

My only worry is he puts the ball on the ground and gets benched. If he can make it through this game without doing that, we should be in great position. I think his floor is fairly safe, ceiling seems capped, but that is what you want out of your RB2 or FLEX guy.

Exactly this.  Buck's not very good, but he's serviceable, and I don't think the Ravens have any problems using him.  I would predict somewhere around 80 yards rushing with a couple catches and a TD tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Exactly this.  Buck's not very good, but he's serviceable, and I don't think the Ravens have any problems using him.  I would predict somewhere around 80 yards rushing with a couple catches and a TD tonight.

 

He's not very good and has a limited role, but you're predicting a 80 yard rushing/20 yard receiving/1TD game for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.STD said:

 

He's not very good and has a limited role, but you're predicting a 80 yard rushing/20 yard receiving/1TD game for him?

For Collins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Big game tonight, expectations?

 

My only worry is he puts the ball on the ground and gets benched. If he can make it through this game without doing that, we should be in great position. I think his floor is fairly safe, ceiling seems capped, but that is what you want out of your RB2 or FLEX guy.

 

I expect a strong bounce-back game. 18 carries, 85 yards, 1 TD. 1 catch, 10 yards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday night on the road vs a good run D. Confidence not high tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mjb said:

Thursday night on the road vs a good run D. Confidence not high tonight. 

 

This game might as well be the first of the season. No Thursday Night Football voodoo applies to any Ravens player tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People keep chirping Bengals have good run d, but they gave up second most rushing yards last season? 

 

So so are they good or bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...