GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

21 minutes ago, DValentine said:

People keep chirping Bengals have good run d, but they gave up second most rushing yards last season? 

So so are they good or bad. 

I mean you have to consider YPC and the fact that the bengals ran fewer plays than almost any team and that defense was out there late in losing games a lot and often. If the Offense can keep the ball on the field for Cincy, the DL will be a whole lot better. The linebackers? Without Burfict that's a bit of a different story. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pimpin'Texas said:

Is Alex Collins playing tonight ..Yes/No ?

Yes...with shades of gray. He’s on the field but it looks like Ravens want to throw it 50x

• Thanks 1

Looking like a flex play with the love affair the coaches have for buck Allen. He's lucky Dixon is on IR or he'd struggle to even get double digit points. 

Two straight weeks of getting out scored by Buck Allen regardless of format. It looks like they split snaps pretty evenly but Buck is the preferred (and better) goal line option. Glad I traded him when I had the chance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Guwop said:

Looking like a flex play with the love affair the coaches have for buck Allen. He's lucky Dixon is on IR or he'd struggle to even get double digit points. 

I expect a lot of people to have similarly negative reactions.

Terrible game script. Terrible situation for Collins. Still had 90 yards on 12 touches 3 Rececptions and a carry at the 1. Still completely out performed Buck in every way. He didn't fumble. If this is as bad as it gets... considering other games where tehy don't get down 21 should be better... Id on't think we'll have much to complain about. 

• Like 4

Just now, AJ92 said:

Two straight weeks of getting out scored by Buck Allen regardless of format. It looks like they split snaps pretty evenly but Buck is the preferred (and better) goal line option. Glad I traded him when I had the chance.

Legitimate question - why is buck believed to be to be the better GL option?

Critically under-utilized. The love affair with Allen is baffling. It's like they think he is the only one who can catch. For me, Collins' situation is that he is too good to drop, not used enough to start. Annoying AF.

• Like 2

Just now, Joe Odam said:

game script victim from the jump. This was worst case scenario IMO

And he still got 90 yards. But people will somehow find a way to spin this into him being bad. 

When Collins gets 1.7 YPC in a single game I get thirty something people calling it out. Buck gets 1.33 and he's the back to own apparently. 

I'm just not at all worried. If anything, this game helped prove to me he won't be phased out of the offens.e 

• Like 1

The problem is he is not the preferred passing down back or preferred goal line back. I still think he's a strong RB2/3 his upside just isn't as high because of Harbaugh's love for Allen.

• Like 1

Just now, Random Dude said:

Legitimate question - why is buck believed to be to be the better GL option?

He's not. He shares snaps. He shared GL work. He's considered safer because of the Fumbles. But he's not considered more efficient. The poster is probably referring to the two carries in this game, but Collins dominated him all last year in GL and RZ efficiency. 

The less he fumbles, the more he'll get opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, taobball said:

I expect a lot of people to have similarly negative reactions.

Terrible game script. Terrible situation for Collins. Still had 90 yards on 12 touches 3 Rececptions and a carry at the 1. Still completely out performed Buck in every way. He didn't fumble. If this is as bad as it gets... considering other games where tehy don't get down 21 should be better... Id on't think we'll have much to complain about. 

If you drafted him early,  like most with the expectation of being a bell cow and giving you RB2+ numbers and he gets outscored by his handcuff that you could scoop in later rounds then there's enough to complain about. The coaches seem pressed to split this backfield and limit his ceiling. He salvaged his night but this should be concerning

Collins looked legit all game - not sure why they went away from him. That catch that he broke 2 tackles on the way to 20 yards was amazing. 

• Like 4

Just now, Guwop said:

If you drafted him early,  like most with the expectation of being a bell cow and giving you RB2+ numbers and he gets outscored by his handcuff that you could scoop in later rounds then there's enough to complain about. The coaches seem pressed to split this backfield and limit his ceiling. He salvaged his night but this should be concerning

How did he "salvage" his night exactly? He got a few targets in the first half that he made excellent plays on. He made guys miss. He was an inch away from having a TD. 

I'm not going to gripe about people being concerned. I jsut think it's silly. If Collins is going to be pushed into a terrible, down by 20+ situation and STILL get 10+ in 1/2 point, then he's the definition of a RB2+. That's what  a good starting RB does: have a good floor and a good ceiling. Collins hasn't been in great situations to play to his skills yet, and he's scored fine for your teams in both games. And he's looked phenomenal on some of the tape and in some of the plays. He's still only got 20 touches on the season because of these game flows. 

We've seen just the floor. That's why it shouldn't concern anyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

game script victim from the jump. This was worst case scenario IMO

This was partly because the Ravens OC is terrible and is having Flacco throw way too much. Worked against the Bills but tonight we saw what happens when they rely on Flacco against a real team.

The good news is that John Brown and Collins are pretty much all they have on offense, he should be due for bigger games soon.

3 minutes ago, eoschris said:

Collins looked legit all game - not sure why they went away from him. That catch that he broke 2 tackles on the way to 20 yards was amazing. 

Because someone thought Joe Flaccid was a better option ...frown.jpg