GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

I think outplayed is the wrong choice of wording, outperforming his ADP would be more accurate

• Like 2

Just now, Ryedog87 said:

Royce Freeman is more talented than collins by a good margin. I'm not just saying that because I took him in the 3rd round of my draft as my #2 but look at the game he had against the Seahawks. Frank Gore 2.0

Disagree strongly. Collins is more talented right now than Royce to me. Royce is a good runner, but I'd take Collins. 

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

At what point will they coaches abandon lamar Jackson touches in the redzone?

It’s pretty bad. They’re not going to consistently trick NFL defenses with it, I’m not sure why they keep running him out there. 

It actually would have worked last night on one play, but Jackson got selfish and ran instead of passing to a wide open Collins in motion on an option play near the GL. 

2 minutes ago, taobball said:

Disagree strongly. Collins is more talented right now than Royce to me. Royce is a good runner, but I'd take Collins. 

Broncos just have a better overall offense and collins is on a short leash with Harbaugh. Freeman just looks better to me but I understand where you're coming from. Buck allen vulturing TDs from collins doesn't look promising 

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think outplayed is the wrong choice of wording, outperforming his ADP would be more accurate

Good to see that this just isn't RW propaganda. Everyone is sharing the same sentiments. Well, mostly everyone. lol

15 minutes ago, Guwop said:

I'm in 3 leagues and he was gone by mid third round in each. Just from chatting with friends about the game alot of them saw Collins gone by round 3. A lot of people are sold on his talent. I'd say you're lucky if you could wait until the 4th round to get him. He had a lot of buzz coming into the season. Royce freeman is in a similar situation where he was taken high accept he doesn't look to have the talent that Collins does but he was taken early too

His ADP, at least by the time the late summer drafts occurred, was mid 3rd round.  If you got him in the 4th, at least in late drafts, you were lucky (or at least, you thought so at the time).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Outscored, but outplayed?  Collins has more yards both rushing and receiving, 20% higher rushing average, 50% more yards per catch.  If not for falling into the end zone twice, Allen isn't even on the radar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Outscored, but outplayed?  Collins has more yards both rushing and receiving, 20% higher rushing average, 50% more yards per catch.  If not for falling into the end zone twice, Allen isn't even on the radar.

He listed fantasy points in his graphic so it’s pretty clear he’s talking from a pure fantasy perspective. Two of the most important traits of a modern fantasy RB in PPR - targets and goal line carries. Guys like Alex Collins who dominate inside the tackles carries are always overdrafted because people don’t understand that all touches aren’t created the same from a fantasy perspective.

Also why Derrick Henry was so overdrafted.

Edited by Ruut6
  • Thanks 1

Collins looked great when he had his touches. He even looked good as a receiver. He was open multiple times towards the end.

Allen... cool goal line TD... but unexciting player.

I am happy with my 4th-5th round value. He'll get a lot more usage as the season goes on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taobball said:

So he’s game flow dependent because when nothing goes his way he gets 90 total yards on 12 touches? 

Couple diff between Henry and Collins. #1, Collins is the lead back. Henry and Lewis split drives 50:50 from the beginning of games. Collins gets almost all the work early in games. He sees 2/3 snaps, sees every first, and is used more traditionally as a lead back. #2 is the difference in talent between allen and Lewis, the latter of whom is simply better than DH for my money. 

Dude are you a member of the Collins family?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Alex Collins has taught us all that "falling into the end zone" is NOT an easy thing to do. LOL

28 minutes ago, Guwop said:

I'm in 3 leagues and he was gone by mid third round in each. Just from chatting with friends about the game alot of them saw Collins gone by round 3. A lot of people are sold on his talent. I'd say you're lucky if you could wait until the 4th round to get him. He had a lot of buzz coming into the season. Royce freeman is in a similar situation where he was taken high accept he doesn't look to have the talent that Collins does but he was taken early too

Lol.... what?  

Royce has played one NFL game and went 15/71 for 4.7 YPC. No fumbles.   His role is bigger and he’s done more already than Collins. 

It's becoming more and more obvious to me how HUGE a single 1 yard TD plunge can be for a player's overall outlook. And I get it, that's the game we play, that TD is worth 6.1 points, getting stuffed for no gain is worth 0.0. 

But it seems like people would think his "situation" was far better if he picked up that single yard. In other words I think people are trying to act objective about his role/usage but ultimately it's the results (or lack thereof) that drives the narrative more than anything else. 

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Alex Collins has taught us all that "falling into the end zone" is NOT an easy thing to do. LOL

Except that as @taobball and others have pointed out many times, he has the most rushing TDs in the league since week 11 last year...

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Lol.... what?  

Royce has played one NFL game and went 15/71 for 4.7 YPC. No fumbles.   His role is bigger and he’s done more already than Collins. 

You don't think Royce and his lack of Pass Pro is gonna get gameplanned out like f--- if Denver goes down 21 in the First?

I will GUARANTEE you Royce is more gameplan dependent than Collins, sir.

3 minutes ago, kencav said:

Dude are you a member of the Collins family?

I have my opinions. They only look crazy because I'm a minority. I don't expect to be the minority by the end of the year. 

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

You're using a 1 carry sample over a carreer of gameplay. Good luck, mate. 

• Like 1

Cannot wait until Jackson is starting and starts getting in on stealing Collins' goalline TDs

Edited by Novaray

2 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Except that as @taobball and others have pointed out many times, he has the most rushing TDs in the league since week 11 last year...

All of which were from outside the 3.  His last 6 scores were from outside the 6.

2 minutes ago, Chardo said:

All of which were from outside the 3.  His last 6 scores were from outside the 6.

I'm truly confused on if you're trying to make this seem like a good thing or not. Seems like dude has a nose for the end zone. 

People are freaking out far too much after  being only 2 games in. He looked great last night. TD's will come. 10 all purpose TD's more than achievable still. TD's are about as unpredictable as they come (see Julio Jones, 2017). 

Easy to hate on Collins now, but he's looked good. Two awful situations so far (going up huge and going down huge early). Very few backs in the league have the job all to themselves. If collins was a sure fire 3 down back with no Buck Allen he'd have been going in the second pretty easily. 

I'm not shaken. If I didn't own him in both of my leagues I'd be trying to buy low on him. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, taobball said:

I'm truly confused on if you're trying to make this seem like a good thing or not. Seems like dude has a nose for the end zone. 

It's not a good thing.  It may seem like he has a nose for the end zone, but the data doesn't bear that out.  He has never scored a goal line TD in his Ravens career.  

2 minutes ago, Chardo said:

It's not a good thing.  It may seem like he has a nose for the end zone, but the data doesn't bear that out.  He has never scored a goal line TD in his Ravens career.  

His 2017 RZ stats beg to differ. He did only have only 1 last yearI believe, but I believe Allen only had 2 from the 1 yard line. and the fact that over the last 7 games he paced having the 3rd most RZ carries suggests to me that the fact he can consistnetly score from outside the 5 should be viewed as a positive. He's stlil being used more in the RZ than Buck, even if he hasn't been used as much on the actual 1 yard line. If he would've converted his 1 yard carry, no one would be talking, and if he gets a 1 yard carry every game, I don't think anyones going to be talking. 

Edited by taobball

The problem with most fantasy players is all they see is numbers because that is all fantasy is. They don’t see the ability to block, pickup blitzes, know plays, know how to communicate, and etc. A big reason Allen is in for instance is because he is a significantly better blocker. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gohawks said:

The problem with most fantasy players is all they see is numbers because that is all fantasy is. They don’t see the ability to block, pickup blitzes, know plays, know how to communicate, and etc. A big reason Allen is in for instance is because he is a significantly better blocker. 

Sure. No ones arguing that Allen is going to see time in obviously passing situations. Collins has dominated snaps in neutral situations. That's the rub. 

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Same issue that kills Kareem Hunt value and currently keeps Gore on the field on Sundays. Gore is probably the best pass protector in the game the last 10yrs

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1