GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

58 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

So he was already going to come out on nearly every 3rd down, and now he's going to get pulled every time he's near the goal-line.  But he also hasn't exactly looked like a guy who can rip off a 20+ yard TD run.

I almost want to drop him as a poison pill for someone else in my league, the same way I dropped Fitzy last week and somehow tricked the first place guy into picking him up and starting him for his first loss.

Collins will be in on goaline packages as a blocker

• Like 1

Jeff ZrebiecVerified account @jeffzrebiec 3h3 hours ago

Replying to

Not sure. Was on the field when practice started yesterday and he was listed as a limited participant. Tells me something happened during yesterday's practice. Saw him briefly in locker room today and he wasn't walking with a pronounced limp or anything.

Gotta keep him fresh for all those carries between the 20's.

• Haha 1

LMAO...obviously the blurb guy owns Collins in all of his leagues.

Alex Collins (knee) returned to a full practice on Friday.

Panic set in across the fantasy community when Collins sat out Thursday's practice after being a limited participant on Wednesday, but NFL Network's Tom Pelissero later reported his absence was precautionary. Coach John Harbaugh said he has "no concern" about Collins' injury status for Week 5 against Cleveland. After fumbling on the goal line in last week's win at Pittsburgh, Collins could cede more work to Javorius Allen on Sunday.

Oct 5 - 1:15 PM

He is just hard to trust. Only gets about 50% of the snaps, is very dependent on game flow and doesn’t get goal line touches. You pretty much have to bank on him scoring from 10 yards out and yardage.

37 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Chance of wet weather today, Collins going to have trouble holding onto the ball

that's why they have this special grippy gloves

Just now, dashoe said:

that's why they have this special grippy gloves

Collins should have been wearing them since the start of the season.

• Haha 1

Anybody actually playing him this week, after he crapped his pants on the goal line last week?  Just don't see a ceiling here.

6 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Anybody actually playing him this week, after he crapped his pants on the goal line last week?  Just don't see a ceiling here.

I'm playing Boyd over him.  At this point he doesn't even have a valuable floor either.  Maybe 4-7 points?  This guy is TD dependent to have a solid fantasy play.  I can see a stat log of like 11 carries for 40 yards and 2 catches for 20 or so.  I can't win with a floor like that anymore.

• Like 1

I think he's awesome but I had to drop him to make space to pick up Yeldon this week. Harbough just refuses to give him the necessary touches to make him predictably productive. It feels like every game they're looking for any little reason to take him out and give a bunch of touches to Buck. 

It's almost like having Joe Flacco throw 60 times ISN'T a good offensive game plan. Especially when you have an RB averaging 5 yards per carry. But I guess Harbaugh is happy putting up 9 points in 70 minutes of football. 

• Like 2

This is a perfect bench kind of dude. Like this week. It took me 4 weeks but I figured out where he is best utilized - experience is underrated. 

Yeah he’s hard to play. To me, he is a pretty easy sit most weeks unless it is clear they will have a lead for the entire game. 

He he is a RB who only sees about half the snaps. He doesn’t get passing downs and he doesn’t get RZ cseries. So in order for him to score, he has to have a long touchdown run. I think most weeks he is going to be in that 10-15 carry range for 50-70 yards with a low chance at a touchdown.

I think Harbough needs to be honest with the team he has. You aren’t going to win with Flacco. I honestly think he’d like to run it more but I think there is a part of Harbough that is scared to hand it to Collins a lot because of his fumbling history. The ravens have a great defense and Collins is a good back, they would be best pounding the ball 25-30 times a game (obviously not all Collins). You can make a case that Collins is their best offensive player. If he didn’t have the fumbling problems I think he’d be getting close to 20 touches a game with goal line looks.

• Thanks 1

Done starting for now. Like someone said a couple posts above me, he is a perfect bench player for your byes or if Allen were to get injured. 

I'm just going to tell myself I drafted Peterson in the 4th and Collins in the 8th. 

Started Kupp over this guy at flex and it was a great move.  Until Harbaugh pulls his head out of his @ss and realizes this is their best running back, that needs  to be fed the ball he's an emergency flex only to me.  I'm hoping this loss to the browns makes him realize 12 carries for a his "bell cow" RB won't cut it.  So stupid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjw99 said:

Allen fumbles and gets rewarded with more carries smh

I came in here expecting there to be more discussion about the fact that Buck Allen fumbled and still out-touched Collins. Harbaugh's obsession with Buck is based on the fact that he's reliable and doesn't make mistakes. Hopefully the fact that Allen fumbled makes him re-assess giving so many touches to a far inferior back. 

FWIW Collins looked to be really focused on ball security yesterday. He fought for extra yards on a number of runs, but he was protecting the ball with both arms and looked determined not to let someone rip it away from him. Hopefully he can keep that up and get back into the circle of trust. And hopefully the Ravens go back and watch the tape and realize that they gave a far inferior talent more touches in a game they ended up losing in overtime to the Browns. 

Let's also be honest. Collins YPC overall this year isn't that great. Buck has made some good key tough runs and catches and usually gets the dirty short yards which also ruin his YPC more than his performance would merit. Yes not as elusive but bigger back can get those tough yards

4 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Let's also be honest. Collins YPC overall this year isn't that great. Buck has made some good key tough runs and catches and usually gets the dirty short yards which also ruin his YPC more than his performance would merit. Yes not as elusive but bigger back can get those tough yards

Please don't come in here with a YPC based argument...

• Like 1