GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

Responding to questions about Alex Collins' workload, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said "a fresh running back is a good thing."

"We need to spread the load," Harbaugh said. Collins played just 27-of-87 snaps in the Ravens' dispiriting loss to the Browns. His 31 snap percentage was his lowest of the season. Harbaugh might be keeping Collins fresh, but he's doing so at the cost of Buck Allen averaging 2.82 yards per catch and 6.2 yards per catch. Those are wasted plays in the National Football League.

Oct 8 - 2:54 PM

I'm not buying the "fresh RB thing."  Collins has too much talent.  Play him or bench him.
  • Like 1

Alex Collins has a career 4.88 YPT and 8 fumbles in 341 touches. Buck Allen had a career 4.43 YPT and has 3 fumbles in 448 touches. In addition to being the superior pass blocker.

22 minutes ago, mjb said:

Responding to questions about Alex Collins' workload, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said "a fresh running back is a good thing."

"We need to spread the load," Harbaugh said. Collins played just 27-of-87 snaps in the Ravens' dispiriting loss to the Browns. His 31 snap percentage was his lowest of the season. Harbaugh might be keeping Collins fresh, but he's doing so at the cost of Buck Allen averaging 2.82 yards per catch and 6.2 yards per catch. Those are wasted plays in the National Football League.

Oct 8 - 2:54 PM

I'm not buying the "fresh RB thing."  Collins has too much talent.  Play him or bench him.

So if you're not buying the fresh thing, what do you suspect is really going on? With Buck just fumbling last week too, it can't boil down to fumbles, IMO.

45 minutes ago, Gootz said:

So if you're not buying the fresh thing, what do you suspect is really going on? With Buck just fumbling last week too, it can't boil down to fumbles, IMO.

There is only 1 RB in the league with 2 fumbles.  It’s the fumbling...

In every other way (except blocking) Collins is better...

Fumbling pisses this coach off.  Maybe if Collins was running like a stud he’d forgive and forget, but 3.8 AVE isn’t good enough...

1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

In every other way (except blocking) Collins is better...

Pass catching, pass protection, and ball protection.

It’s not rocket science why this is a committee.

It’s not like Collins is a star or anything. Even then stars get bench treatment for fumbling.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Pass catching, pass protection, and ball protection.

It’s not rocket science why this is a committee.

It’s not like Collins is a star or anything. Even then stars get bench treatment for fumbling.

why do fantasy players always discount the need to pass protect when it comes to rb's staying on the field even if they are a lesser talent running wise vs their competition?  There is a reason why old and slow  Frank Gore is always signed to a team and put into the rotation.

The Qb gets paid 30mm yr  to run the offense and the rb gets paid 1mm to make some plays. . .there is an economic motive behind every football decision.

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kencav said:

Stash Dixon on IR slot.....regime loves him not Collins.

That's not a bad idea given their week 10 bye. Loss tot he browns hurt and they need to establish the running game instead of having Flacco chuck it every down

Random shower thought, do you think they could trade him?  As others have said, he isn't in favor, Dixon soon to return.  Lots of teams hurting at RB.

not dropping. he has a juicy matchups after the their week 10 bye.  that includes the playoff if your team makes it.

21 hours ago, Sternes said:

Random shower thought, do you think they could trade him?  As others have said, he isn't in favor, Dixon soon to return.  Lots of teams hurting at RB.

trade him and play who? they don't have anyone else. they made their bet with him by not bringing in a new rb, i think Dixon gettting hurt again killed their backup plan

22 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Anyone dropping this JAG yet? 

Who are you dropping for?  Wendell Smallwood?  

22 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Anyone dropping this JAG yet? 

have you seen his second half schedule?  people should be trying to buy for pennies on the dollar

9 minutes ago, Panthor said:

have you seen his second half schedule?  people should be trying to buy for pennies on the dollar

If he's part of a 3 RBBC will it matter who they're playing? I don't think Dixon can stay healthy, but it's clear that they don't want Collins to take a major role or trust him. Definitely not a situation to be purchasing at a higher cost as you suggest in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

If he's part of a 3 RBBC will it matter who they're playing? I don't think Dixon can stay healthy, but it's clear that they don't want Collins to take a major role or trust him. Definitely not a situation to be purchasing at a higher cost as you suggest in my opinion.

Careful...this is what people were saying last year around this time, when he had lost 2 fumbles in the first 5 games of the season. And yet the Ravens did lean on him the rest of the way, feeding him ~15.5 carries per game over the final 11 games of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

they have leaned on him in the past after having similar trust issues, because he fixed it, which tells me that the coaches are willing to forgive and forget if he puts in the work, unlike other coaches who are too rigid and refuse to make changes ( Gase, McCarthy, Patricia).  so with that schedule i'm more than willing to take a chance, it is a championship winning type schedule.

37 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Careful...this is what people were saying last year around this time, when he had lost 2 fumbles in the first 5 games of the season. And yet the Ravens did lean on him the rest of the way, feeding him ~15.5 carries per game over the final 11 games of the season. 

34 minutes ago, Panthor said:

they have leaned on him in the past after having similar trust issues, because he fixed it, which tells me that the coaches are willing to forgive and forget if he puts in the work, unlike other coaches who are too rigid and refuse to make changes ( Gase, McCarthy, Patricia).  so with that schedule i'm more than willing to take a chance, it is a championship winning type schedule.

I understand what you guys are saying and I bought him at the end of last season for the same reason, but that was last season. It's clear that something has changed their minds again otherwise they would have continued the use at the beginning of the season instead of letting Collins touch the ball less from the start. 

Just doesn't make sense to overpay right now is all.

1 minute ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

I understand what you guys are saying and I bought him at the end of last season for the same reason, but that was last season. It's clear that something has changed their minds again otherwise they would have continued the use at the beginning of the season instead of letting Collins touch the ball less from the start. 

Just doesn't make sense to overpay right now is all.

overpay? what are you talking about?  you can get this guy as a buy low right now. 

they actually did continue the use at the beginning of the season, and he fumbled again.  so it is now on him to show the team that he fixed the issue again, and the team has already shown they will give him the touches if he fixes the issue.

6 minutes ago, Panthor said:

overpay? what are you talking about?  you can get this guy as a buy low right now. 

they actually did continue the use at the beginning of the season, and he fumbled again.  so it is now on him to show the team that he fixed the issue again, and the team has already shown they will give him the touches if he fixes the issue.

My fault, I read that as suggesting to overpay. I like him as a player, just doesn't seem to have the role that we thought he'd have. Also, with more competition on his own team coming back the schedule is less of a concern. 

Been watching some of the press conference videos and he feels like he's due for a breakout game. Hopefully he can start producing and us patient owners can finally have a good performance from him.. really frustrating thus far to say the least.

• Like 2