GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

Collins is simply going to be a frustrating own. Start him and you’ll get burned, sit him and he goes off. Without the TDs his numbers aren’t great. I do like that the Ravens defense seems for real. It wasn’t until late last season that Collins got going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes I think some of theese RW blog guys frequently visit the forums and look at the back and forth discussions between players lol.

Alex Collins rushed 19 times for 54 yards and two scores in the Ravens' Week 6 trouncing of the Titans.

Finally handed the utmost perfect game script on a silver platter, Collins notably out-carried teammate Javorious Allen 19-1 on the day. It only amounted to a measly 2.8 YPC, but Collins benefited by punching in one of his two carries inside the five-yard line for a score. His other touchdown came on a scamper from 13-yards out. His volume was still tremendously encouraging given that he played just 27-of-87 snaps last week, his lowest mark of the season. He'll again be a touchdown-dependent RB2 in what should be a faster paced game in Week 7 against the Saints.

Oct 14 - 7:45 PM

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

The Buck Allen truthers are weeping...

It's one thing to be down on Collins, but to be a Buck Allen truther...

thumb.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Sometimes I think some of theese RW blog guys frequently visit the forums and look at the back and forth discussions between players lol.

Buck Allen <_< barff

2 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

It's one thing to be down on Collins, but to be a Buck Allen truther...

thumb.png

Oh, they exist.  They'll just be hard to spot now.

4 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

The Buck Allen truthers are weeping...

Buck was never good, but it seems that he had the coaches trust.

I think Collins volume was game flow (winning easily) but hopefully he’s earned a bit of trust.  As long as he doesn’t fumble he should see a lot more work than he’s been getting.

If he fumbles again... sell sell sell.

Until then, ride him to victory.

• Like 1

If he fumbles again you won’t be able to sell him!  Very encouraging to see him get that carry from the 2.  After his last fumble we were worried he’d never be on the field for those opportunities again.

2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Oh, they exist.  They'll just be hard to spot now.

I don’t think the Buck Allen “truthers” existed in the sense you mean.

I streamed Buck one week because of consistent fantasy production, not because of talent.

When the coach repeatedly puts Buck in to vulture Collins TDs, you got to go with what is...

Buck is/was a RB2 by points.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, seanismorris said:

I don’t think the Buck Allen “truthers” existed in the sense you mean.

I streamed Buck one week because of consistent fantasy production, not because of talent.

When the coach repeatedly puts Buck in to vulture Collins TDs, you got to go with what is...

Buck is/was a RB2 by points.

I would suggest sifting through the last few Ravens gameday threads when you have time.

He carried the ball different today, it was on his chest and every time he changed hands he did it with both hands. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

If he fumbles again you won’t be able to sell him!  Very encouraging to see him get that carry from the 2.  After his last fumble we were worried he’d never be on the field for those opportunities again.

Some people just look at points, not realizing a player is about to return to the doghouse.  Hopefully he puts up points before fumbling...

I don’t own Collins or Buck, but I’d be afraid to buy Collins.  Collins will fumble eventually and the doghouse in Ravens country is insidious.

I do believe in Collins talent as a rusher...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

He carried the ball different today, it was on his chest and every time he changed hands he did it with both hands. 

This time it will be different ?

Some people just look at points, not realizing a player is about to return to the doghouse.  Hopefully he puts up points before fumbling...

I don’t own Collins or Buck, but I’d be afraid to buy Collins.  Collins will fumble eventually and the doghouse in Ravens country is insidious.

I do believe in Collins talent as a rusher...

Agreed, he’s an easy sell high. Bailed me out this week when I had no other options but I don’t think much has fundamentally changed in this backfield.

This time it will be different ?

Its a glimmer, hold it high and hold on for dear life! He might keep the job. 

2 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

Its a glimmer, hold it high and hold on for dear life! He might keep the job. 

I hope so.  I’d like to see the Ravens win the division.

I have a hard time believing Flacco...

Never fails, bench him and this happens.   He'll be back in the lineup next week for 45 yards and 0 Yrs, I'm sure.

• Like 1