GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

He still is far and away the most turnover prone RB in the NFL maybe besides Jalen Richard, and gained 54 yards in a perfect game script where they led from start to finish.

The goal line carry was very encouraging. But if you think this mean much besides game script you’re delusional. Buck never has and never will really touch the ball with a big lead.

Edited by Ruut6

My biggest question on this situation is what happened with all the preseason talk of an improved offensive line with Yanda back, etc. etc.?

Collins YPC is horrible and Allen's probably isn't much better.

I'd think with improved blocking AND what looks like a competent WR corp things would be opened up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

He still is far and away the most turnover prone RB in the NFL maybe besides Jalen Richard, and gained 54 yards in a perfect game script where they led from start to finish.

The goal line carry was very encouraging. But if you think this mean much besides game script you’re delusional. Buck never has and never will really touch the ball with a big lead.

Lol except one of the knocks on Collins a few weeks ago was that Buck was in during game-icing situations. 

Buck taking the job, Collins never getting GL carries, Buck in to run the clock out - all false narratives that has shaken out the past few weeks. 

Collins had 19 rushes to Allen’s 1, and even Edwards got 10 carries. 

By no means is Collins a stud, RB1, or a “safe” play now, but at this point I think the delusional ones are the Buck truthers. 

2 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Edited 2 hou

Wait, timeout timeout.  I thought the big knock on Collins was that they trusted Buck more, and that's why he was in during clock-killing time?  Has the narrative now changed again?

14 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Lol except one of the knocks on Collins a few weeks ago was that Buck was in during game-icing situations. 

Buck taking the job, Collins never getting GL carries, Buck in to run the clock out - all false narratives that has shaken out the past few weeks. 

By no means is Collins a stud, RB1, or a “safe” play now, but at this point I think the delusional ones are the Buck truthers. 

This. I kept hearing Collins was "not trusted" and the Ravens "don't want him to have a major role." 

So much for that. 

This season is setting up very similarly to last season. Fumble problems to open the year, Ravens remain committed to him and he rewards them (and owners) with high RB2/low RB1 value. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yahyahtrick said:

I don’t know who has ever claimed these things. Collins gets nearly 40% more touches in wins than losses. He’s the Ravens runner.

Buck eats away at Collins’ value if he’s stealing all the passing work (aka when they’re losing) or if he’s stealing the goal line work. Two of the most productive/valuable fantasy touches for a rusher.

So the fact that Collins got that GL carry is encouraging for his value. But beware the game script that was so obvious from a mile away in this game.

I don’t know who ever said Buck is in to eat clock. That’s precisely one of Collins’ main roles. 

Kinda quiet in here for what could be another TD game. 

Gotta think he will do ok in between the 20’s...plus some goal to go attention. 

Ravens will score 3 tds I’d imagine. He should get one. 

3 hours ago, Tenner said:

Kinda quiet in here for what could be another TD game. 

Gotta think he will do ok in between the 20’s...plus some goal to go attention. 

Ravens will score 3 tds I’d imagine. He should get one. 

Could go bad if they get down and he gets game scripted out.   I could see a Suck Allen game happening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tenner said:

Kinda quiet in here ...

Every time it looks like he'll have a big game he fumbles.

He has (approx) 60+ pts through 6 weeks in standard; 10 points a week is really nice no doubt. Not all that special, but really "neat".

So - what's to say.

I think if he turns in a 15-75-1 game then his value really jumps up in trade offers. 

No one in my league takes him as a bonafide FF asset right now. 

new orleans has the best run defense in the nfl, ypc and yards/game, not surprised that he had a below average day

he'll fare better next week against Carolina, plus his schedule after the bye week is easy, better days ahead.

Cin
Oak
@KC
TB

1 hour ago, willwc said:

new orleans has the best run defense in the nfl, ypc and yards/game, not surprised that he had a below average day

he'll fare better next week against Carolina, plus his schedule after the bye week is easy, better days ahead.

Cin
Oak
@KC
TB

+1

Sounds like Ravens are looking to add depth or maybe Dixon won't be coming off the IR?

Good news is that none of these guys are big short yardage rushers. Probably more related to Dixon than anything else. Don't sell low on Collins because once the bad stretch of the schedule is over, he has the best RB schedule remaining.

Just now, frog34 said:

Good news is that none of these guys are big short yardage rushers. Probably more related to Dixon than anything else. Don't sell low on Collins because once the bad stretch of the schedule is over, he has the best RB schedule remaining.

I bought low on him because of that...Only had to give up Alex Smith for him to a guy looking for a QB this week.

I think Collins is better than he's shown.  He runs hard, can catch.....It's just the Ravens usage that's mind boggling to me.

• Like 2

I just acquired him (16 team league where my RB2 options were Barber and Cannon)

I'd be happy with around 10 a game at this point...I just saw his schedule and thought he could really make some noise!

Hang onto the rock AC!

17 hours ago, frog34 said:

Definitely holding.

The schedule is sweet 2nd half. This team really would like to play defense and pound if they could. 

Hoping Collins settles into a more predictable groove along with the entire offense down the stretch.

Think he's a great buy low between now and BALT's bye week.

Collins is caught in the same trap many of his RB colleagues are caught in: pigeon-holed into a specific, rigid role that - regardless of the reality on the field - shall not be altered.

The Ravens appear to shrug at the effort Collins puts into his runs - grabbing an extra couple yards every single time he's tackled. 

Instead they have a chart that says after x# of carries Collins must be removed. Why not hire a robot as the OC.

Any TD he gets will be off-script in this micro-management-centric system.

• Thanks 1