GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Collins is caught in the same trap many of his RB colleagues are caught in: pigeon-holed into a specific, rigid role that - regardless of the reality on the field - shall not be altered.

The Ravens appear to shrug at the effort Collins puts into his runs - grabbing an extra couple yards every single time he's tackled. 

Instead they have a chart that says after x# of carries Collins must be removed. Why not hire a robot as the OC.

Any TD he gets will be off-script in this micro-management-centric system.

This. OCs don't feel the game anymore. Jordan Howard had two nice runs in the OT against the Dolphins. Predictably he was taken out, and Cohen/Cunningham went nowhere with their attempts. Many other teams with that dreaded approach as well. Not only the pass-friendly league, but also this bad approach with RBs is the reason for rushing stats being down across the league. Unless you are Todd Gurley of course.

Lots of despair in here! I know his play and usage have not been ideal, but he's still a solid rb...

Carolina has been generous to backs, hoping for a nice game today.

Actually the fumble wasn't his fault, but a blown blocking assignment screwing up the QB-RB exchange. At least that's a positive.

Remember to hodl for the stretch run!

• Thanks 2

Even in a pass game script, Collins established himself as the lead back. Arrow pointing up. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, frog34 said:

Actually the fumble wasn't his fault, but a blown blocking assignment screwing up the QB-RB exchange. At least that's a positive.

Remember to hodl for the stretch run!

When in game did the fumble happen and did he get benched after it?  Saw his TD run, which was strong! 

Just now, kyoun1e said:

Ty Montgomery traded to Baltimore. 

This doesn't help his cause.

nope, he didn't have much of a cause in the first place though

• Haha 2

Just now, kyoun1e said:

I don't thin it kills Collins value, just bucks and it adds more uncertainty to predicting the distribution of touches and game situations. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dashoe said:

I don't thin it kills Collins value, just bucks and it adds more uncertainty to predicting the distribution of touches and game situations. 

Actually it's  harbaugh who the heck knows how this plays out

Lets not forget that Dixon received 13 carries in week 1 compared to just 7 for Collins and four for Buck. I"m not sure we can predict where this will end up, but for the first 5 games, Buck was outscoring Collins in PPR. If Ty Mont slides into that role, with his versatility and chops for the passing game, there might be something here.

Just sayin'.

Buck may be out of work, Green Bay had to unload TY or cut him, he was not wanted in the locker room after Sunday's debacle.

Unless you're in a touchdown heavy league, I'd try to get something for Collins. Montgomery is in town, and Dixon may be back soon, it's just too muddled to rely on fumbletron.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

Unless you're in a touchdown heavy league, I'd try to get something for Collins. Montgomery is in town, and Dixon may be back soon, it's just too muddled to rely on fumbletron.

LOL no one is giving anything for collins you kidding me? Been trying to sell him all year.

25 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

They really keeping Ty Mont at RB....what if they convert him back to WR...?

good point, what will be his exact role on this offense? We know from the past that harbaugh  really wanted  Danny woodhead to work out in this offense because of his versatility to catch as well as run ability and a redzone threat to pair with flaccos pass first mentality.

is Ty a woodhead type of guy who  is better than buck and nore flexible than collins depending on gameflow?

Complete mess that won't be known until after week 10 bye

40 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I would hope it kills TD vulture Bucks value.

5 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Now they have 4 RBs.. Ty, Alex, Allen, and Lamar lol

they have 5 with Dixon  possibly eligible to come ff of IR in a couple of weeks. but signing monty may mean he stayhs in IR and may be released before next season starts

TyMont might not even be an RB in BAL, it really does nothing to affect Collins imo. He's still the workhorse if he can hang onto the ball.

• Like 2