GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

He out snapped Allen in a game that didn't favor Collins at all. Momentum seems to be moving towards Collins now. It sounds like the fumble was not his fault, can anyone confirm this?

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

He out snapped Allen in a game that didn't favor Collins at all. Momentum seems to be moving towards Collins now. It sounds like the fumble was not his fault, can anyone confirm this?

It wasn’t. The exchange was just really poorly timed.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

TyMont might not even be an RB in BAL, it really does nothing to affect Collins imo. He's still the workhorse if he can hang onto the ball.

Workhorse with that 11 point ceiling 

So, the knock on Collins has been his fumble issues. Those same people are now convinced that Ty Montgomery is going to make Collins worthless after he committed one of the worst, most selfish fumbles  in NFL history after directly ignoring his head coach... Right, lol.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Workhorse with that 11 point ceiling 

Maybe in your league, but in mine he's averaging 12.5 this year...so, no-

I would be stunned if Ty Montgomery's arrival affects Collins in any meaningful way.  That doesn't mean Collins won't end up in the doghouse again, of course.  But to me Montgomery threatens Buck.

Alex Collins (foot) was downgraded to "DNP" in Thursday's practice.

Collins' Week 9 status is now genuinely up in the air, though it's possible the Ravens are just doing all they can to manage his reps ahead of a critical divisional tilt with the Steelers. Another "DNP" on Friday would have Collins likely to sit. It's possible he ends up a dreaded game-time decision.
Nov 1 - 1:36 PM

Low RB2/RB3 if active.

This exact scenario played out a few weeks back, I'd imagine he will be good 2 go. He has done solidly v PIT in his brief career.

Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com reports:

It won't be clear until after practice how much Collins was able to do, but he was spotted running "without favoring either foot" and apparently doing some Irish dancing before practice, so his foot is seemingly feeling pretty good

I haven't even thought about starting this guy for weeks. With bye's i'm contemplating starting him. He seems like low ceiling guy. Pretty much caps out around 50-70 yards but has a decent shot at a TD each week. Typically these games against Pit are lower scoring where both teams run the ball a lot. Even though Pit is strong against the run, I think this game sets up well for Collins to get the ball 15-20 times. I just hate starting a guy who is so dependent on scoring.

A RB named Gus got the start for the Ravens today, another TD for Collins on extremely limited work. Harbaugh hates the guy and the Ravens suck. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tax77 said:

A RB named Gus got the start for the Ravens today, another TD for Collins on extremely limited work. Harbaugh hates the guy and the Ravens suck. 

Is Harbaugh on the hotseat yet?  I feel like any other coach makes this guy their featured back.

3 hours ago, humanpuck said:

Is Harbaugh on the hotseat yet?  I feel like any other coach makes this guy their featured back.

Two part question.

Is Harbaugh on the hotseat yet?  Yes. News is everywhere featuring this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2018/11/04/baltimore-ravens-john-harbaugh-job-security/1886508002/

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-harbaugh-20181104-story.html

I feel like any other coach makes this guy their featured back. Collins is a JAG. Watch other elite runners consistently and then watch him and you can see the mediocrity. I think he would make for a good depth and/or committee back ie, Chris Ivory and Isiah Crowell, but he is just not the talent that some of you make him out to be.

I would pick up Montgomery or Dixon who has a chance to make his debut after the bye week on Nov. 18th.

32 minutes ago, brosephd said:

one of the most disappointing picks of the season. 

All the rb’s around him (Jordan Howard, drake, Hyde) have not lived up to their adp. 

• Like 1

Hopefully the coach utilizes the BYE week to better incorporate Collins as the feature guy? It's certainly optimistic, but the reality has to be clear that Flacco can't be relied upon to carry the offense...The schedule really lends itself for ground control, deep shots and defense! Looks like Dixon is out of the picture, Buck is washed and TyMont is hardly even a running back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

Remember that schedule. Remember that schedule. Remember... :ph34r:

11/18 CIN 29 33.6
12 11/25 OAK 24 31.2
13 12/2 @ATL 30 34.1
14 12/9 @KC 32 39.2
15 12/16 TB 26 32.8
16 12/22 @LAC 16 26.9
17 12/30 CLE 28 33.3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dmody91 said:

All the rb’s around him (Jordan Howard, drake, Hyde) have not lived up to their adp. 

Plus: Fournette, Cook, Freeman, Shady, Henry, Miller, Ajayi, Royce, Marshawn, Ingram, Rex...

If you decided to go RB in the 10-40 range, odds are you haven't been happy with the returns so far. Pretty much everyone except for McCaffrey and Mixon in that range has been somewhere between disappointing and disastrous. I'm not happy to have drafted Collins, but I know I could have done worse drafting an RB there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Hopefully the coach utilizes the BYE week to better incorporate Collins as the feature guy? It's certainly optimistic, but the reality has to be clear that Flacco can't be relied upon to carry the offense...The schedule really lends itself for ground control, deep shots and defense! Looks like Dixon is out of the picture, Buck is washed and TyMont is hardly even a running back.

I keep hanging my hat on this upcoming schedule, but I also question what the heck Balt is thinking with Ty Montgomery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

I keep hanging my hat on this upcoming schedule, but I also question what the heck Balt is thinking with Ty Montgomery. 

Probably more of an indictment of how poor Buck has looked, coupled with the fact that Dixon is again having off-field issues...was a no-cost flyer with TyMont-

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Probably more of an indictment of how poor Buck has looked, coupled with the fact that Dixon is again having off-field issues...was a no-cost flyer with TyMont-

What kind of off-field issues is Dixon having?