GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

17 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Hopefully the coach utilizes the BYE week to better incorporate Collins as the feature guy? It's certainly optimistic, but the reality has to be clear that Flacco can't be relied upon to carry the offense...The schedule really lends itself for ground control, deep shots and defense! Looks like Dixon is out of the picture, Buck is washed and TyMont is hardly even a running back.

You don't trade for a rb because you think your current backfield is strong. Harbaugh is coaching for his job ROS.  I expect their to be some head scratching splits  and situational use of buck-collins-monty over the next 4 weeks.

Collins as a rb1 has been a pipe dream for 9 weeks now, consistent rb3 floor with rb2 upside in ppr, no diff than owning ito, jalen, ekler, briea,howard and a bunch of other guys you never feel great about putting into the lineup.

Monty just makes this situation messier and more unpredicatable

Edited by dashoe
  • Thanks 1

The move to Lamar could really pay huge dividends for Collins. Run lanes open all over the place with defenses having to account for Lamar's rushing prowess-

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The move to Lamar could really pay huge dividends for Collins. Run lanes open all over the place with defenses having to account for Lamar's rushing prowess-

And add another option at the goal line for Collins to NOT score TDs.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

56 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

And even more 8 man fronts with defenses daring Lamar to beat them with his arm until he can prove he can.

Read option gives the RB more room to operate. Not worried about Collins losing goalline work, because Lamar was already big part of their gameplan in RZ.

Drafted him in the 5th, I've started him once this year. My season will probably now depend on him turning his season into a top 12 year here on out :wacko:. CSB.

Hate to say this but nothing can resurrect collins this year. So many things just wrong with this offense. They drafted a QB for the future in the first round and their going out there using him as a goal line runner? Strictly a runner. I haven't seen him throw one pass. Head scratching decisions. Then they bring in Ty. Another RB to add to the mix. I mean not much else left to say. 

I don't worry about Montgomery. He did nothing in Green Bay and I think it was more about Buck being a scrub in the third down RB role (he was adding nothing beyond what was blocked or where he caught the ball), not Collins. 

Edited by Ace_King

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, dmody91 said:

All the rb’s around him (Jordan Howard, drake, Hyde) have not lived up to their adp. 

Don't forget about Royce Freeman

His matchups from weeks 6-9 were against top 5 run defenses. His next 5 matchups are against bottom 5-10 run defense teams, not worried at all. Collins' owners this is why we held until now, enjoy :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If there is a qb change after the bye, I expect a more ground and pound approach with their upcoming schedule. He should at very least  handle 12-14 carriers against bottom of the barrel run defenses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

His matchups from weeks 6-9 were against top 5 run defenses. His next 5 matchups are against bottom 5-10 run defense teams, not worried at all. Collins' owners this is why we held until now, enjoy :D

who cares about run defense when most of those games look like it will be an all out pass fest? oak looks like a nice run script and maybe TB gets you in for some redzone/goal line scores but cin-atl-kc-lac dont look like run positive gamescripts, Those teams can go up big early and leave the ravens in catchup mode for 3 qtrs.

maybe cin works out too because of ajg injury and marv bad play calling in the 2nd half. 

I guess the wild card is will the Ravens defense after the bye come through and pick up the slack for the offense.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

who cares about run defense when most of those games look like it will be an all out pass fest? oak looks like a nice run script and maybe TB gets you in for some redzone/goal line scores but cin-atl-kc-lac dont look like run positive gamescripts, Those teams can go up big early and leave the ravens in catchup mode for 3 qtrs.

maybe cin works out too because of ajg injury and marv bad play calling in the 2nd half. 

I guess the wild card is will the Ravens defense after the bye come through and pick up the slack for the offense.

Ravens D will keep them in games

On 11/9/2018 at 5:35 PM, kyoun1e said:

That, and also the fact that he's only gotten more than 12 carries in a game twice this season.  31 carries in the last three weeks after he got a season high 19.

I would love to trade for him for his Week 11 matchup against the Bengals since both of my starting RBs will be off that week, but the fact that they hardly run the ball kills any enthusiasm for him.

6 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Ravens D will keep them in games

Ravens D is overrated. Not based on talent but based on them being on the field the majority of games. Cam torched them. He couldn't do it to the steelers. Now not saying the steelers are a better D but they got Big Ben who can control the game flow. Neither flacco nor lavar is going to control anything. A bunch of 3 and outs and inability to move the ball keeps putting the ravens D out on the field and eventually they get burned. I dropped them after the titans game and never looked back. Same thing happening with the jax D this year. Again its not the talent thats in question.

Next 3 Games CIN, OAK, ATL 2nd easiest opponents
Playoffs (?) KC, TB, LAC 1st easiest opponents
Rest of Season -- 1st easiest remaining opponents
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2018 at 12:44 AM, StevenSC400 said:

Hate to say this but nothing can resurrect collins this year. So many things just wrong with this offense. They drafted a QB for the future in the first round and their going out there using him as a goal line runner? Strictly a runner. I haven't seen him throw one pass. Head scratching decisions. Then they bring in Ty. Another RB to add to the mix. I mean not much else left to say. 

I mean he's currently the RB24 with more points than Jordan Howard, Lamar Miller and Shady.  He was drafted as the RB16 so he hasn't even really underperformed his ADP by that much.

This hasn't been a fun ride because a lot of Collins' points have probably happened on his owners' benches.  You never feel good starting him with the fumbling, reliance on TDs, and constant goal-line vulturing (which has reached troll territory with the Jackson goal-line packages and the Ty trade).  I just think talking about "resurrecting" him is a little silly considering that he has largely produced as the RB2 he was drafted as.  And people seem to be sleeping on his stretch potential given the joke run defenses he's about to face.

Edited by eg4190
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The floor is semi-scary but it also should be boosted by an amazing schedule and decent volume.

With the QB room all kinds of unsettled, just have to hope the staff (likely coaching for their jobs if reports are right) commits to Collins as the center-piece.

He's been running against stacked boxes and given the ball in far too many obv run situations.

Per Fantasy Life app, Dixon has been designated to return from IR and is cleared to practice today. 

Much impact to Collins for Week 11?

1 hour ago, ff062018 said:

Per Fantasy Life app, Dixon has been designated to return from IR and is cleared to practice today. 

So now they have four RBs?? Dafuq 

1 hour ago, ff062018 said:

It doesn't sound like there's any chance Dixon is active for Week 11.  He was only cleared to practice today and he hasn't even been added to the 53-man roster.  He could theoretically be activated next week since he's already missed eight games, but they'll probably want to take next week to make sure he's in game shape.