GreatestShowonTurf

Alex Collins 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, roughnecker101 said:

See same here I've got Hunt, Conner, McCaffrey and Chubb... I've got chi dst and I want to grab Denver. But I don't want to stabbed in the back by Collins ..

Cool story bros.

I could really use the bench space in my 10 man by dropping Collins but I just don't know.  He has to be drop city right?  Even when he was "the guy" he still was only averaging 9-10 points a game as my RB2. 

2 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

I could really use the bench space in my 10 man by dropping Collins but I just don't know.  He has to be drop city right?  Even when he was "the guy" he still was only averaging 9-10 points a game as my RB2. 

I am in 7 yahoo pro leagues (10 teamers) and saw a lot of Collins hitting the WW this morning. No part of me wanted to put in a claim or even check my roster to see if it would make sense to make room for him...not even in my sub-0.500 leagues. So that means 130 yards and 2 TDs incoming.

Alex Collins owners 2018 Outlook: PAIN

Image result for my prediction pain gif

Edited by humanpuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KuNiT21 said:

I would probably hold at least one more week unless you have no other choice. Most of his games this year have been against good run defenses. Now look at the upcoming schedule. I would be pissed if I ended up dropping him and Edwards turns out to be a fluke.

If anyone has a high waiver claim, you guys could probably drop Collins later in the week so he wont be able to be picked up. If the Ravens go back to Collins or Gus sustains an injury, you could probably use your high waiver claim to pick him back up.

For some reason my gut is telling me Edwards was a fluke. Maybe its just false hope for Collins. And besides, if my gut feelings were always right, I'd be undefeated. 

Harbaugh's praise of Gus Edwards just reminds me of when Harbaugh said this about Buck freakin' Allen back on 9/23 after the Ravens beat the Steelers week 4:

"I think ‘Buck’ Allen has become one of the real legitimate players in this league – kind of quietly. He’s become a top-level player. Really, really happy for him.”

The following game Collins had 11/42/0 on the ground (to Allen's 10/30/0) and Collins had 1/3/1 receiving (to Allen's 2/17/0)...

I'm not saying it's impossible for Gus Edwards to dominate carries/touches this week, I'm just saying it's completely within the realm of possibility that Gus Edwards splits nearly evenly with Collins (and/or others) or doesn't even lead the backfield in touches. When Harbaugh talks up a guy in the media after a good game, it hasn't always translated to touches/production the following week. 

Edited by mjb03003

1 hour ago, KuNiT21 said:

Drop him. He's officially nothing special in 10 man leagues. The only thing he had going for him was the rushing TDs, but now Gus and Dixon are in the mix. Deeper leagues I understand rostering, but I'd rather go for any other WW RB for shallower.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Cool story bros.

Give me a break. 

Our posts show other Collins owners our RB depth and why we are cutting the chord. We are not boasting of our RB depth. These posts can help other owners make their own decisions.

If you're going to be a wise a** at least be original. "Cool story bros." Only typed about a million times in the past month. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Foot or ego?

Collins needs to  pretend he is Breida and drag himself on the field  to  play on Sunday. . .:lol:

33 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

Edwards moved ahead of him on the depth chart. I hate Harbaugh. 

Do you blame him?  Alex Collins has been an absolute train wreck this season between 1.5 yards a carry or fumbling just about every game on the slim opportunities he is given.

34 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Anyone else dropping him for sure? I'm in a 10 man league and I'm thinking of doing it...

No brainer in a 10 teamer. He's droppable even in a 14 team league. 

We have placed RB Alex Collins on the Injured Reserve list and activated RB Kenneth Dixon.

Edited by Jay85
  • Haha 1