Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

Just now, warriorathlete21 said:

My bad but, I wasn't really looking for advice. Just thinking out loud.

im thinking with this snap count; we'll have to hope that he takes advantage of the early drives and maybe gets a few goal line carries.

minnesota will likely obtain a substantial lead at some point; and they may go to another running back at that point to kill the clock.

Cook is inactive.

Edited by mikepferrara

8 hours ago, munde53 said:

@seanismorris @BMcP

Obviously we have different opinions on this but I think you guys made great points. I just don't see the Vikings even giving Cook limited snaps if he's not at 100%. As seanismorris said, the Vikings already made the mistake of rushing him back once which is why I think if he's active he's at 100% and if he's not 100% he'll be inactive. If Cook is at 100% I don't see how the Vikings can afford to keep him out of the game with how inept their ground game as been.

Obviously the Cardinals are terrible and should be a win for the Vikings, but I watched every minute of the Bills blowing the Vikings out so I'm not ready to chalk this one up as an easy/guaranteed win. 

And so the saga of Dalvin Cook ended...

Yahoo saying he is out too.  I don't see that RW has the news yet.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Yahoo saying he is out too.  I don't see that RW has the news yet.

Its there.  I saw it about 15 minutes ago

21 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

I might be...as a desperation flex

RB2 for me but best case Ontario (I mean scenario) for me with Cook resting and a safer workload. Cook was in until announcement. Firing up Murray in DFS too.

• Like 1

At least the Viking’s did the right thing and made him inactive.  Hammy injuries are no joke.

On the bright side, the fact that we were getting conflicting information suggests Cook is getting close.

And, I have one last opportunity to trade for him ?

Edited by seanismorris
  • Like 1

When you rely on this guy to anchor your RB corp...and he doesn't play in half the games...and the ones he does play he is just meh...well, that's a recipe for an early lost season.  Does the travails of going WR heavy, an RB anchor, and then trying to piece together an RB2 by committee.  Leaves you playing waiver fodder for two RB spots while you run up against the likes of a team with Melvin Gordon and Joe Mixon.

Everybody who said avoid this guy in the preseason because you'll never know what he'll be like coming off injury...props to you.  I didn't want to believe it.  I was enamored by how he killed it for those four games oh so long ago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

When you rely on this guy to anchor your RB corp...and he doesn't play in half the games...and the ones he does play he is just meh...well, that's a recipe for an early lost season.  Does the travails of going WR heavy, an RB anchor, and then trying to piece together an RB2 by committee.  Leaves you playing waiver fodder for two RB spots while you run up against the likes of a team with Melvin Gordon and Joe Mixon.

Everybody who said avoid this guy in the preseason because you'll never know what he'll be like coming off injury...props to you.  I didn't want to believe it.  I was enamored by how he killed it for those four games oh so long ago

Don't beat yourself up too much man..plenty of us here in the same boat..enough to start our own support group.  There was plenty of  preseason hype about how much better he looked to legitimately buy into.  Hindsight is always the clearest.  Good luck today with whatever you have pieced together.

I'm fine with it.  Stay out and get healthy, come back and beast.  No middle ground.

I sincerely believe the Vikings are leaving his return up to Dalvin and not the medical staff. He warmed it up today and just wasn't feeling it. I doubt it was a setback. Next week seems likely he's getting close. He's said many times he wants to be at 100% and nothing less. 

2 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Did he suffer a setback or he just isn’t ready yet? Big difference

Leg "tightened up" during pregame warm ups. Not really anymore information than that so it's kind of up in the air if it was a setback or just precautionary.

9 minutes ago, Boozted said:

I’m going to try to buy this week. What are you Cook owners looking to get for him?

I was offered Dalvin Cook, Golladay, and Kenyan Drake for my Michael Thomas, if that gives you any insight

I just got Dalvin Cook. I traded John Brown and next years 5th rounder for Cook and his 8th rounder next year. Ihope it pays off, my team is coasting right now. This guy has given up this season and he just traded Barkley to the 2nd best team for next years 1st round pick in exchange for that guy's 10th rounder next year. I needed Cook after Freeman landed on IR SMH. 

I hope for my lineup to look like this come playoff time...

QB: Mahomes

RB: Michel

RB: Ingram

WR: Hopkins

WR: Thielen

TE: Kelce

Flex: D. Cook

K: Zurlein

D: Jags

Hoping Cook puts me over the edge

I just offered Ebron/Kerryon (I have Njoku) for the Minny backfield and got denied.  I think it's for the better.