Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

When the hell are they going to declare this guy out?  Are they waiting to make a GTD?  Jeez.

2 hours ago, TTo34 said:

When the hell are they going to declare this guy out?  Are they waiting to make a GTD?  Jeez.

This guy kills me every week with the late "OUT" declaration.  I don't know what they think they're getting out of declaring him questionable when he has no chance.  Meanwhile those of us with IR slots are paralyzed while they screw around.

anyone trying to buy low on this guy?  assuming he ever makes it back, is he looking at a timeshare with latavius, who has looked good in cooks absence....

• Like 1

I dropped this man so long ago lol, way too many serviceable RBs on waivers. Do yourself a favor and do it too. This guy didn’t even have a good game when he was in. Waste of a pick high draft pick

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There will be no time share with Murray. Cook was hogging all the snaps the first couple of weeks and he’s far and away more talented than Murray. That’s like Hunt getting injured and Ware inevitably playing well so people suggest it’ll be a time share when Hunt gets back. Cook can do it all and is a much bigger threat when in the game than Murray. Cook had 200 yards the first two weeks, albeit no score. But the run blocking has only recently been making progress. I love that the team is holding him out until after the bye. Obviously the hamstring is a very fickle injury, but once it’s COMPLETELY healed, it should be in the past. Granted he’s an overall injury risk, but they’re going to feed the guy as he provides the greatest chance at winning in a fiercely competitive conference. The Vikings know what they’re missing without Cook. He’ll be back at the perfect time to put in work 

27 minutes ago, Lebowski54 said:

There will be no time share with Murray. Cook was hogging all the snaps the first couple of weeks and he’s far and away more talented than Murray. That’s like Hunt getting injured and Ware inevitably playing well so people suggest it’ll be a time share when Hunt gets back. Cook can do it all and is a much bigger threat when in the game than Murray. Cook had 200 yards the first two weeks, albeit no score. But the run blocking has only recently been making progress. I love that the team is holding him out until after the bye. Obviously the hamstring is a very fickle injury, but once it’s COMPLETELY healed, it should be in the past. Granted he’s an overall injury risk, but they’re going to feed the guy as he provides the greatest chance at winning in a fiercely competitive conference. The Vikings know what they’re missing without Cook. He’ll be back at the perfect time to put in work 

Be willing to bet he loses goal line work immediately until Murray shows hes ineffective. The week he came back they fed Cook all the touches until they got to the red zone. I'd be wary... Cooks ceiling is in his receptions IMO. I don't predict many TDs ROS with that garbage line.

14 minutes ago, A27K said:

Be willing to bet he loses goal line work immediately until Murray shows hes ineffective. The week he came back they fed Cook all the touches until they got to the red zone. I'd be wary... Cooks ceiling is in his receptions IMO. I don't predict many TDs ROS with that garbage line.

I have no doubts he’ll get goaline work as well. His versatility is too big of a threat to keep off the field. Far more dynamic than Murray. In close, you want a guy who can punch it in but also someone who you can pitch to or throw to. They didn’t try to run with him when he came back against the Rams because he still wasn’t 100% and their interior is nasty and the Vikings were still struggling to block. They’ve progressed better and have a more favorable schedule down the stretch. Also, the Saints atypically didn’t use Ingram on the goal line against the Vikings because of how incredibly stout their interior is. They used Kamara to spread the defense out and score that way. Cook offers both of those things which is an immense advantage to having the one trick pony Murray in who’s not even better at his strong suit than Cook. Cook has shown that he can ball out. He’ll get fed when he returns and Murray will again be obsolete 

Edited by Lebowski54

8 minutes ago, Lebowski54 said:

I have no doubts he’ll get goaline work as well. His versatility is too big of a threat to keep off the field. Far more dynamic than Murray. In close, you want a guy who can punch it in but also someone who you can pitch to or throw to. They didn’t try to run with him when he came back against the Rams because he still wasn’t 100% and their interior is nasty and the Vikings were still struggling to block. They’ve progressed better and have a more favorable schedule down the stretch. Also, the Saints atypically didn’t use Ingram on the goal line against the Vikings because of how incredibly stout their interior is. They used Kamara to spread the defense out and score that way. Cook offers both of those things which is an immense advantage to having the one trick pony Murray in who’s not even better at his strong suit than Cook. Cook has shown that he can ball out. He’ll get fed when he returns and Murray will again be obsolete 

Actually, they did try to run against the Rams and Cook got destroyed by negative yardage plays because the offensive line is horrible. Cook was healthy until he reaggrivated his injury otherwise they wouldnt have rushed him back. I feel like they will baby him ROS with goal line work. Short yardage, why have bodies pile up on a dude coming back from a hammy. Be willing to bet they take it easy for a while with him. I agree Cook is miles ahead of Murray in talent, but this offense isn't even centered around the run and I doubt they go back to anything near a 50/50 run pass split. Cook is a middling RB2 ROS. Next year with some offensive line upgrades sure but as a Cook owner myself, I wouldnt recommend anyone buying low on him.  

1 hour ago, A27K said:

Actually, they did try to run against the Rams and Cook got destroyed by negative yardage plays because the offensive line is horrible. Cook was healthy until he reaggrivated his injury otherwise they wouldnt have rushed him back. I feel like they will baby him ROS with goal line work. Short yardage, why have bodies pile up on a dude coming back from a hammy. Be willing to bet they take it easy for a while with him. I agree Cook is miles ahead of Murray in talent, but this offense isn't even centered around the run and I doubt they go back to anything near a 50/50 run pass split. Cook is a middling RB2 ROS. Next year with some offensive line upgrades sure but as a Cook owner myself, I wouldnt recommend anyone buying low on him.  

Yea they tried to run initially but they didn’t run up the middle in goaline as another poster had mentioned. And they will not baby him whatsoever. That’s the point of holding him through the bye so he’s 100%. He’ll be coming out ready to rock and take on a full load. That’s literally why they’re being so cautious now so they have him at the most valuable time. And Mike Zimmer has repeatedly reiterated his desire to run. They may not be a run heavy team, but they’ll be as balanced as the run game will allow. The run blocking has been markedly better the past couple of weeks. Cook still holds RB1 upside down the stretch. He has a BEAUTIFUL run schedule from week 12 on and especially for the playoff weeks. Depending on HOW low you can get him for, it would be wise to scoop him up if it costs merely depth. 

They've been

2 minutes ago, Lebowski54 said:

Yea they tried to run initially but they didn’t run up the middle in goaline as another poster had mentioned. And they will not baby him whatsoever. That’s the point of holding him through the bye so he’s 100%. He’ll be coming out ready to rock and take on a full load. That’s literally why they’re being so cautious now so they have him at the most valuable time. And Mike Zimmer has repeatedly reiterated his desire to run. They may not be a run heavy team, but they’ll be as balanced as the run game will allow. The run blocking has been markedly better the past couple of weeks. Cook still holds RB1 upside down the stretch. He has a BEAUTIFUL run schedule from week 12 on and especially for the playoff weeks. Depending on HOW low you can get him for, it would be wise to scoop him up if it costs merely depth. 

Agree with this.

The announcers were spot on with this against the Rams. The Vikings in general came out of the gate throwing 99% of the time, and the entire running game suffered. Murray wasn't doing jack either until they cooled off on the throw and decided to be a more balanced team.

I'll be curious to see how Cook comes back after the bye. If he's 100%, he's a BIG step up over murray.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FooserX said:

They've been

Agree with this.

The announcers were spot on with this against the Rams. The Vikings in general came out of the gate throwing 99% of the time, and the entire running game suffered. Murray wasn't doing jack either until they cooled off on the throw and decided to be a more balanced team.

I'll be curious to see how Cook comes back after the bye. If he's 100%, he's a BIG step up over murray.

Exactly 

Just declare the guy out until after the bye, let him heal.  A 100% healthy Cook going into the fantasy playoffs is a league winner if you traded for him...I hope.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, oaklandy said:

I dropped this man so long ago lol, way too many serviceable RBs on waivers. Do yourself a favor and do it too. This guy didn’t even have a good game when he was in. Waste of a pick high draft pick

Must be fun playing in 4 man leagues 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

“Doesn’t know when he will return to the field” ... doesn’t sound like he’s anywhere close to playing this weekend. 

And LOL “it’s going to be on” ... okay just like the other times ?

On 10/31/2018 at 5:27 AM, Heizz said:

If this guy comes back full health for Fantasy Playoffs, I am going to be SO happy.

In my deep keeper league I would love to have this guy back for a playoff run. Having said that I am 100% tempering my expectations. I expect a time share and the team limiting his reps/touches.  I hate to say it but Murray has been looking good this last little while, and I'm kicking myself for turning down some trade offers for Murray.

In other keeper leagues I'm trying to acquire Cook, not necessarily for this year but for next.  Cook has a long way to go in my opinion to get back to the starting RB spot where he is seeing enough touches each game to be startable.  Hard even seeing my put him at flex right now, which is killing me since he was supposed to be my RB1.

12 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

In my deep keeper league I would love to have this guy back for a playoff run. Having said that I am 100% tempering my expectations. I expect a time share and the team limiting his reps/touches.  I hate to say it but Murray has been looking good this last little while, and I'm kicking myself for turning down some trade offers for Murray.

In other keeper leagues I'm trying to acquire Cook, not necessarily for this year but for next.  Cook has a long way to go in my opinion to get back to the starting RB spot where he is seeing enough touches each game to be startable.  Hard even seeing my put him at flex right now, which is killing me since he was supposed to be my RB1.

It would be nice to have a talented RB for the playoffs in Week 14 who would essentially be in his own private Week 5. 

I have no idea why they don't just let this guy get fully healthy

• Thanks 1

So stupid - right before the bye too.  Murray has been doing a fine job filling in.  Having him in on a limited snap count wouldn't give them a better chance on Sunday to win IMO.

2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

So stupid - right before the bye too.  Murray has been doing a fine job filling in.  Having him in on a limited snap count wouldn't give them a better chance on Sunday to win IMO.

I agree 100pct, but NFL coaches get desperate and the Vikings, a team people expected to make a run at the SB with Cousins,  would not be in the playoffs if the season ended today (yeah, bye weeks etc..).

If they think Cook gives them a 10% greater chance of winning, then they will play if he is healthy even if waiting 2 weeks would give him a greater chance of being healthy the rest of the season.