Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

15 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I agree 100pct, but NFL coaches get desperate and the Vikings, a team people expected to make a run at the SB with Cousins,  would not be in the playoffs if the season ended today (yeah, bye weeks etc..).

If they think Cook gives them a 10% greater chance of winning, then they will play if he is healthy even if waiting 2 weeks would give him a greater chance of being healthy the rest of the season. 

I hear you - I just think that if Cook doesn't play and they lose this game, it won't be because they lacked an RB weapon.

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

It's a smokescreen guys.  No chance he plays this week with the bye next week.  

If Cook is healthy he should play some snaps and start working on his conditioning so he can finish up strong.   Lets go Dalvin !!!

Sounds like he's basically good to go in practice, so mine as well take a few in-game snaps to test it out. He'll probably dress and take a couple plays to see how the hammy responds. 

2 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

It's a smokescreen guys.  No chance he plays this week with the bye next week.  

Rotoworld would disagree. Unless of course the Vikings have a change of heart on Sunday morning. 

I am glad he is ready to get rolling but this is one more way he is killing me this year.  Barkley on a bye and I have Murray in a plus matchup.  Now he is coming back early to screw that up the one week I need an RB.  Murray will be downgraded so he can get between 8-20 snaps depending on which source you believe.  Thanks for rendering Murray a low end RB2 to barely a flex play depending after three weeks of high end RB2 production.

You’re killing me Smalls!

• Like 1

Obviously this guy has been frustrating to own.  A true swing and miss this year in my draft that I wish I could have back.

I have a feeling that we'll all have him on the bench for a while even if he is playing given workload concerns, the Vikes will one week decide to unleash him so he'll blow up on our benches, then we'll all put him in again the next week only to see him collect 35 yards.  Then we'll all be out of the playoffs so we won't care anymore anyway.  We'll all be annoyed with this guy that next year we'll avoid him and allow somebody else to draft him, which of course means that he will be killing it next year.

• Haha 1

DId he have a lot of injuries in college?  Feels like a prime bounce back draftee next year....in the 5th round!

I just hate that you can't start this guy, but at the same time he won't be eligible for an IR slot this week and next the way he would have been if they'd held him out through the bye.  He's basically costing me a roster spot for two weeks just so he can have a training wheel game where he plays 10 snaps.

Edited by eg4190
  • Like 2

3-12 rushing

2-22 receiving and a TD

Firmly on my bench.  Not starting this guy this week unless Murray is inactive and Cook is the only RB.

After the bye I will revisit and he may make it as a flex.

Edited by Big Nate

Best case he takes a few carries/catches and finishes the game healthy so we're all confident he's 100% coming out of the bye.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

DId he have a lot of injuries in college?  Feels like a prime bounce back draftee next year....in the 5th round!

Goes back to high school

2 hours ago, Big Nate said:

3-12 rushing

2-22 receiving and a TD

Firmly on my bench.  Not starting this guy this week unless Murray is inactive and Cook is the only RB.

After the bye I will revisit and he may make it as a flex.

Seriously tho, if hes anything more than a flex ROS I'll be surprised. He better sit this week. 

so much recency bias in this thread. Cook was a consensus  late first round pick coming off of a season ending injury. That in and of itself tells you everyone thought he was a potential league winner if healthy. So, if in fact he is 100 after the bye.....why on earth would anyone doubt he could be exactly that rest of schedule? Yes, it's sucked having him waste away on the bench so far but I for one am contending and delighted to have him as a possibly HUGE asset for the stretch. His talent is undisputed. Murray has been a great fill in fantasy wise but a healthy Cook makes him look like a complete JAG. Cook will get 70% of the backfield coming out of the bye. Relax people<_<

• Like 2

You're only starting Cook if you absolutely have to. Maybe he'll show flashes and just get warmed up in this game. If that happens, I think a lot of owners will be starting him after the bye.

What’s this guys perceived value? You think I could trade for him for someone like David Johnson or maybe Jordan Howard?

57 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

What’s this guys perceived value? You think I could trade for him for someone like David Johnson or maybe Jordan Howard?

David Johnson absolutely no chance. Howard maybe if the owner is panicking, but I don't know why you would want Jordan Howard instead of Dalvin after waiting all this time. 

• Like 2

I don't understand this guy or the coaching staff with how they manage him? Why would they bring him back and limit him? Why not wait until he is 100% healthy and unleash him? None of this makes any sense. If they are bringing him back to limit him it sounds like he isn't healthy and could risk re-aggravation.

4 hours ago, devaster said:

I don't understand this guy or the coaching staff with how they manage him? Why would they bring him back and limit him? Why not wait until he is 100% healthy and unleash him? None of this makes any sense. If they are bringing him back to limit him it sounds like he isn't healthy and could risk re-aggravation.

agreed. it's a hamstring. it's either healthy or it's not. if it's not, on any given play there's a chance he's going to reinjure it and be back to where he was weeks ago. i feel like if there's still a question of whether or not he's healthy they should just hold him out until after the bye. this seems short-sighted and a bit like a panic move. 

that or they have no intention of playing him but they want to make detroit gameplan for him just to f--- with them. 

9 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Now is not the time to trade him, his value has never been lower. Wait until after his bye week (I'd be shocked if he plays this week). If he has a good game and you're not sold on him ROS, you'll be able to trade him to someone who thinks Cook is finally ready to roll. If he comes back and sucks it still shouldn't affect his value in a trade

• Like 1

I don't know what Dalvin's remaining outlook is - just so glad I was prevented from drafting him, because I was targeting and thought he was a solid bet in the draft this yr. 

He is obviously very good when healthy, but if I was the MN GM I'd be in a "planning for the future" mode. Cook will be on a different team sooner than later imho.

I'd be shocked BTW if he plays ahead of the bye, and I'd bench him if he did. Murray is the play this week regardless of who starts and then we'll see what happens.

• Haha 1

I just traded DJax for Cook.  I had Murray already.  Personally I would prefer he sit thru the bye and get 100% healthy. 

Could Dalvin's hamstring issue be more of a mental issue vs. physical? Personally, I think that would be more concerning if he can't get over the mental hurdle because he could set himself up for another injury or re-aggravation. I dont know?

I'm a Vikings fan and I'm trying to figure out why they would get him limited reps this week heading into a Bye week. I think he is either, a scratch or and if he plays he will be a full go in a Division matchup.