Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I'm a Vikings fan and I'm trying to figure out why they would get him limited reps this week heading into a Bye week.

Because Dalvin and the doctors agree he is healthy.   Time to test it with limited playing time until his conditioning is better.

• Like 2

Anyone rolling him?

My flex options are fairly weak, so I am considering. But if its really a 10snap count, cant.

Well I would rather have a low ceiling then no points at all... Can the Seahawks say anything already lol

No one should be playing Cook this week. Just hope the Vikings and Cook aren't idiots and let him re-aggravate his hamstring.

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2018 at 11:08 AM, Joe Odam said:

so much recency bias in this thread. Cook was a consensus  late first round pick coming off of a season ending injury. That in and of itself tells you everyone thought he was a potential league winner if healthy. So, if in fact he is 100 after the bye.....why on earth would anyone doubt he could be exactly that rest of schedule? Yes, it's sucked having him waste away on the bench so far but I for one am contending and delighted to have him as a possibly HUGE asset for the stretch. His talent is undisputed. Murray has been a great fill in fantasy wise but a healthy Cook makes him look like a complete JAG. Cook will get 70% of the backfield coming out of the bye. Relax people<_<

like I said

Looked explosive today, bye week to get 100% right (if he isn't already). 

Very realistic that he could finally return some value ROS, too bad it's a little late for those who drafted him in the 1st/2nd

I'm happy to see him running so well. League IR rules mean I have to bring him back to the roster before his next game...and with a good performance, I feel better dropping one of the decent guys I have on my roster. Eckeler might be the guy who has to go. Would have been a tougher decision if Cook had gone 10/40 or something. He looked lively, and clearly has some good top speed.

Edited by Brotherbock

Just now, Brotherbock said:

I'm happy to see him running so well. League IR rules mean I have to bring him back to the roster before his next game...and with a good performance, I feel better dropping one of the decent guys I have on my roster. Eckeler might be the guy who has to go. Would have been a tougher decision if Cook had gone 10/40 or something.

I hope that's a joke. Even if Cook went 10/40 that's an insanely easy decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, munde53 said:

I hope that's a joke. Even if Cook went 10/40 that's an insanely easy decision.

It was regarding Eckeler. :) But in all honesty, I'm having a great year, and without Eck on my roster, I'd have had to try to trade someone to free up space for Cook (for example, you don't just drop a guy like Chubb to bring Cook back). My point was just that a good performance today makes these decisions simpler.

3 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

nuff said

Yeah, it just dawned on me that this was faster than any Tyreek Hill play this year.... and that guy is FAST

Dalvin also weights over 20 lbs more than Hill, must've gotten a bionic hamstring or something

1 minute ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Yeah, it just dawned on me that this was faster than any Tyreek Hill play this year.... and that guy is FAST

Dalvin also weights over 20 lbs more than Hill, must've gotten a bionic hamstring or something

No, that’s what happens when you take 6 weeks off. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

No, that’s what happens when you take 6 weeks off. 

Hmmm so all the fastest plays should happen week one with that logic then, right? :)

4 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Hmmm so all the fastest plays should happen week one with that logic then, right? :)

Nah. Only applies mid season.......

7 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Please explain how this works. 

Nobody has a sarcasm sensor around here? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Next Gen Stats only starts tracking speed once the player has the ball. Hill has generally beaten defenders so bad that he can just jog into the endzone or he is changing direction so quickly that he's unable to get up to full speed. Obviously Cook is fast but he still isn't on Hill's level. 

It does however show that the Underwear Olympics is completely overrated and 40 times don't translate perfectly to football speed when you have a bunch of pads on. 

I'm happy to see him getting eased back in having that outcame. Although most of it was the 70 yard rund, that's still a good sign.

With AJ Green out (maybe for season) I'm happy I parked him on my bench.

blob.png.5add5bdb8b24540f35be892da03a7a5f.png

Playoff schedule is very nice, too. :D

Nice watching him do well on my bench.  Now we have to patiently sit out his bye.  Tough to do as it's like he's been on a bye the entire season.

Top speed yet the DB still tripped him up.  A shame, it would have been glorious for him to make it into the end zone.

30 minutes ago, OShag said:

Would you trade him for Julio in a keeper league?

Trade the 23 yr old RB for a 29 yr old WR in a keeper league? 

Age isn't the only thing in a keeper league, but it's big. Julio was the 14th WR in my 1/2ppr league last year, 10th the year before that. How high do you think Cook can go?

I have:

Zeke, Sony, James White, and Dalvin as my backs 

Odell, Sutton, Tate, MVS, T. Williams as my WRs

We can keep 3 for next year, which will be Zeke, Odell and ??