Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

Looked healthy. Conditioning must have been why he didn't get the full workload.

13 minutes ago, OShag said:

I have:

Zeke, Sony, James White, and Dalvin as my backs 

Odell, Sutton, Tate, MVS, T. Williams as my WRs

We can keep 3 for next year, which will be Zeke, Odell and ??

and Dalvin or Sony.  You would hopefully be able to move one for draft picks, whoever brings back the biggest haul in draft picks.

Starts at ~0m35s. Most pertinent tidbit is that Cook was supposed to be on the pitch count, but he felt great the whole game. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, JayGucci said:

RB1 ROS if he stays healthy???

Depends how they use Cook. if Murray's performance without Cook this year impressed the coaching staff enough to give him some more work - high End RB2.

If it's anything before his injury, RB1.

If there's anything to be happy about...it was the workload before the bye. They let Cook get more touches than was reported

what can we expect from Dalvin this sunday? I have no idea. I'm thinking Minny will try to run it. A lot

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

what can we expect from Dalvin this sunday? I have no idea. I'm thinking Minny will try to run it. A lot

I'm thinking at least 2/3 split in favor of Cook and I would not be surprised if Cook saw over 80% of the snaps.

man i hope so. i've been waiting all season for this guy to produce and I'm really hoping he goes on a nice little end-of-season tear. his long run 2 weeks ago looked really good. 

2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

man i hope so. i've been waiting all season for this guy to produce and I'm really hoping he goes on a nice little end-of-season tear. his long run 2 weeks ago looked really good. 

The Vikings want him to be a bell cow and I've always insisted that no one should listen to beat reporters with their snap count estimates. Some beat reporters were estimating Cook would see at most 12 snaps against the Lions where he actually saw 28 which was 58% of the total offensive snaps. He played 58% of the snaps with the Vikings dominating the game and potentially holding him back to keep him healthy.

I can't see Cook getting anything less than 66% of the snaps this week and close to 20 total touches. 

I'm hoping a healthy cook paired with Conner and Mixon will carry me to the promised land.  This is the whole reason I traded for this guy. I love how explosive he looked before the bye.  Chicago D is a bit daunting though. 

I'm expecting around 15 total touches for Cook this week. I suspect they may try to limit his touches a bit to keep him healthy.  

On 11/13/2018 at 5:49 PM, gbill2004 said:

I'm expecting around 15 total touches for Cook this week. I suspect they may try to limit his touches a bit to keep him healthy.  

this tastes bitter:wacko:

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

this tastes bitter:wacko:

Line has been terrible and he has been in to help pass protect on the majority of pass plays. Brighter days ahead but this stings.

Edited by munde53
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Line has been terrible and he has been in to help pass protect on the majority of pass plays. Brighter days ahead but this stings.

Yeah, on the one hand that reassures me about his health, but on the other that is...not good. I know it's the Bears. Next three defenses are bang in the middle of the pack against RBs. At least he's outscoring Latavius :lol:.

Well that was disappointing.  I could have started Hunter Henry and he would have been more productive.

Mediocre QB trying to ignite play action = today’s result.  Don’t worry in some meaningless game biggest fraud QB in cousins will have it all click and he’ll be decent.  Cousins sucks and the line isn’t that good. Unless it’s against a garbage a** D will be hard to start Cook.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

Wow this guy sucked. I guess if you took out his 70 yard run last week, he was pretty bad.

More of the same tonight. I can’t stand that all he does in the passing game is try to chip at a guy’s knees and not even be involved at all. 

I'm shocked they won't checkdown to Cook, since there's zero chance there will be any running success behind that O-line this year. The only way he's trustworthy is if you're in a points-per-block league :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CooL said:

Wow this guy sucked. I guess if you took out his 70 yard run last week, he was pretty bad.

More of the same tonight. I can’t stand that all he does in the passing game is try to chip at a guy’s knees and not even be involved at all. 

10 hours ago, trashlife said:

I'm shocked they won't checkdown to Cook, since there's zero chance there will be any running success behind that O-line this year. The only way he's trustworthy is if you're in a points-per-block league :mellow:

in all fairness Mack REQUIRES a rb to stay home and chip. I could be wrong but I think this was just a total beatdown/outlier

Cousins was rushed on virtually every play.  Cook was met behind the line by multiple defenders on most of his runs.  Burn the game film and look forward to brighter days.

Don't own cook but the bears where in the backfield immediately all night. Not a great matchup for cook and if it wasn't for his chipping cousins dies from all those sacks he would have taken. He'll have weaker defenses to face

As said above, not too worried about Cook ROS. Should be pretty easy to start him from here on out as I don’t really see any matchups even near the same level as the one yesterday. 

Frustrating, sure, but the Vikings have a bad habit of abandoning the run when they get down, and needed Cook to block badly