Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

Game got out of hand too early. Good news is it’s his hardest game left out of the schedule. And he outsnapped Murray 59-6. Better days ahead and an amazing playoff schedule 

8 hours ago, Saltyseabass said:

Game got out of hand too early. Good news is it’s his hardest game left out of the schedule. And he outsnapped Murray 59-6. Better days ahead and an amazing playoff schedule 

Playoff schedule, lol.  Like that matters for Cook owners.

Vikings and Cousins are pathetic.  Can't believe they gave him that contract. What a horrible, franchise-crippling decision.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Playoff schedule, lol.  Like that matters for Cook owners.

Vikings and Cousins are pathetic.  Can't believe they gave him that contract. What a horrible, franchise-crippling decision.

am I the only one here who thinls Cosuins is good? If you think Cousins is average to bad, you need to stop listening to whatever stupid sports show you listen to. That stuff rots your brain

On 11/19/2018 at 1:07 PM, Saltyseabass said:

I just traded for Cook for the stretch run.....Hoping I'm buying low.

For reference I gave up A Collins and Tre Smith for him.  

I've already got Zeke and Gordon so all I was really looking to do was to get Cook to upgrade my bench a bit.  At the least he feels like a higher upside guy than Collins.

I guess time will tell if he was a good buy low or not.  Really hasn't done anything this year but if he can stay healthy he could have a decent finish.

Edited by tts42572

Expecting a nice bounce-back game from Cook vs GB.

The bears are no joke at home when Mack is playing like himself.

33 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I just traded for Cook for the stretch run.....Hoping I'm buying low.

For reference I gave up A Collins and Tre Smith for him.  

I've already got Zeke and Gordon so all I was really looking to do was to get Cook to upgrade my bench a bit.  At the least he feels like a higher upside guy than Collins.

I guess time will tell if he was a good buy low or not.  Really hasn't done anything this year but if he can stay healthy he could have a decent finish.

OMG DUDE!!!!!!!!! A—MAZ—INGGGGG STORY!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

OMG DUDE!!!!!!!!! A—MAZ—INGGGGG STORY!!!!!

More useful than your post.

I like seeing what people have traded for guys....Helps to assess how people are assigning value to players.

Somebody basically wanting Alex Collins plus a waiver wire WR more than Cook says a lot about where Cook's value is right now IMO.

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

More useful than your post.

I like seeing what people have traded for guys....Helps to assess how people are assigning value to players.

Somebody basically wanting Alex Collins plus a waiver wire WR more than Cook says a lot about where Cook's value is right now IMO.

A) it belongs in the CSB thread

2) the person who accepted that trade was likely high as a kite or pushed the wrong button 

C) if you need to see what other people did or did not get to assess someone’s value then you’re likely not very good at fantasy. 

• Like 1

This is the game where we figure out if that nice schedule down the stretch even matters. 

Cook's a top three fantasy bust so far and I can't help but feel I should have known better. The offensive line is even worse than advertised. 

58 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

This is the game where we figure out if that nice schedule down the stretch even matters. 

Cook's a top three fantasy bust so far and I can't help but feel I should have known better. The offensive line is even worse than advertised. 

With that said Murray DID prove to be a low end rb1 behind that line when he was the workhorse in Cook’s absence. Cook is a far superior talent 

He's healthy, but the o-line sucks and can't block anyone.  this guy has ruined my fantasy season.  Anyone thinking of sitting him tonight, even against a supposed suspect Packers rush defense?  It's the classic "I sit him and he'll go off on my bench" vs "I start him and he gets me 4.2 points."

I'm sitting him, although I have options.  Just have zero confidence in his ability to do anything.  Bust #1 for me.

Thankfully the schedule is pretty light for Cook because: 1) The offensive line does indeed suck; and 2) The coaching staff clearly has no idea how to scheme for him.

Someone should send them videos of the Patriots using James White. Do that. 

Cook's a middle-of-the-road RB2 unless something changes in the play calling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Aaaagreed. They'll be playing against each other soon, so maybe the Vikes will see for themselves :lol:

Boy he's fast...that 20 yard reception TD was nice.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Cook's a middle-of-the-road RB2 unless something changes in the play calling.

This! I see so many times the pass rush starts to overwhelm Cousins, and Cook is WIDE OPEN on the outlet screen just like White, but Cousins won't dump off....he wants to go downfield. Seems like a few dump offs to an electric playmaker would lighten the pass rush. I'm hoping they figure that out in the next couple of weeks like GB did with Jones.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, FooserX said:

This! I see so many times the pass rush starts to overwhelm Cousins, and Cook is WIDE OPEN on the outlet screen just like White, but Cousins won't dump off....he wants to go downfield. Seems like a few dump offs to an electric playmaker would lighten the pass rush. I'm hoping they figure that out in the next couple of weeks like GB did with Jones.

Uh huh. They're seriously running out of time though.

I feel a 150 yard all purpose coming    Pat's will focus on slowing thelian and Diggs    game will  be close so less Murray and Pat's lbs are slow

9 rushes (again) and some HS level screen pass designs out of the backfield. This OC is complete garbage. 

• Like 2

Cook was basically the only one moving the ball regularly for the Vikings yesterday. I haven't seen a snap count, but good news seems to be he was out there for most of the game. Murray is basically just COP at this point. But yeah, the play calling is just 5-10 yard dump offs to Thielen all game.

5 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

9 rushes (again) and some HS level screen pass designs out of the backfield. This OC is complete garbage. 

well, when the o-line is horrible, it hamstrings your options on offense