Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

I'll admit to whiffing on Dalvin in this year's draft - I had high expectations for him which just never panned out before trading him midseason (that's on me expecting too fast of a turnaround from major injury), but I can't wait to target him next year. Dude looks absolutely electric with the ball in his hands, and if Minny spends any money whatsoever on that line he's going to be incredible. Kind of hoping at this point that he lays low this year and becomes a steal for next year (and also that he gives you the exact amount of points you need to win or not lose your playoff matches).

On 12/3/2018 at 11:23 AM, LongBalls said:

Cook was basically the only one moving the ball regularly for the Vikings yesterday. I haven't seen a snap count, but good news seems to be he was out there for most of the game. Murray is basically just COP at this point. But yeah, the play calling is just 5-10 yard dump offs to Thielen all game.

I started both Cook and Thielen. Trust me--it wasn't Thielen getting all of those missing targets. I swear every time the Pats got the ball they held it for 8 minutes and got 10 first downs, converting on 3rd down every time. It was a strange game flow. 

Cousins used Thompson a TON on Washington last season. I keep waiting for him to start finding Dalvin more but maybe that's just not part of what the OC wants to do. Also of course in Diggs and Thielen he has two very high quality targets before he looks for Cook. 

10 hours ago, yossarian said:

Cousins used Thompson a TON on Washington last season. I keep waiting for him to start finding Dalvin more but maybe that's just not part of what the OC wants to do. Also of course in Diggs and Thielen he has two very high quality targets before he looks for Cook. 

Hence the frustration of owning Cooks.  At least he was involved in the passing game, although didn't really do much with the targets.  A good PPR line, I suppose.

I think because the line is so crappy, on pass plays, often times Cook is just hanging back to block.  What's frustrating is when he's hanging back and he surprisingly doesn't even have anyone to block.  He's just bouncing around back there and has nobody to put a body on.  It would be nice on those plays if he just shot out and then got a dump off.  Never seems to happen when I'm watching.

5 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

What are we looking at for a safe floor on Cook tomorrow? 

A floor of 10-12 pts because of his involvement in the passing game.

A ceiling of top 5 RB numbers depending on his involvement in the run game versus a SEA defense that is not nearly as strong against the run as they have been in the past. 

• Thanks 2

I do need him to perform well, cause I don't expect much from Ware

31 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Anyone think he sits week 16 if they are out of wild card?

I doubt it. Even if they lose the next two they still could be in both the WC and North race 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JCCANS said:

I doubt it. Even if they lose the next two they still could be in both the WC and North race 

I feel like you can’t drop latavius though... which is frustrating.

On 12/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, Sonny_D said:

This is the week he breaks out. In a big way. 

Dont need a breakout, but at least duplicate his last two weeks at worst. Hope Minnesota shows more commitment to the run.

Just now, Mixmasterjeff said:

Man I just need 15 out of him tonight ppr.  Going to be painful to watch but I like my chances...

My opponent needs like 50+, so you are way better off. 

• Haha 1

Don't need him this week, but have been waiting basically all season for the Miami/Detroit match ups coming up here. This dude owes us after sitting on everyone's bench basically all year.

At some point the Vikings will figure out they need to give this guy the ball more if they want to make a playoff push.

He's clearly the most talented RB they have and could jump start that offense if they'd let him.

4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Don't need him this week, but have been waiting basically all season for the Miami/Detroit match ups coming up here. This dude owes us after sitting on everyone's bench basically all year.

This

Another good, but ugly, fantasy day. It's too bad that the Vikings offensive line is so freaking terrible, Cousins can't throw under pressure, and the coaches can't seem to figure out how to balance the use of Diggs/Thielen/Cook/etc. Hopefully the juicy schedule makes up for the fact that Minnesota looks awful right now. Still have to start him, I guess.

18 points in PPR, I'm not mad. Vikings offense does look reallll bad.

Yet I watched many of Cook's touches, and he looks EXPLOSIVE.

I have to play him this week.

I know you are mostly redraft guys, but seriously hoping that MIN invests in offensive line in FA and the NFL draft, what a s--- show