Evincar

Dalvin Cook 2018 Outlook

Just now, DownSouthWolverine said:

Fired their OC.  New OC “should” lean on the run more if he wants to keep his job.

This is potentially great news for Cook if you’re still alive in your league.

I hope so.

He looked explosive at time last night when he actually got a chance to run.  

I think the biggest problem is the Viking play calling is just so terrible.  As a Cowboyus fan, I know a thing or two about terrible play calling and the Cowboys offense looks like world beaters compared to the Vikes.

I'm probably rolling with Cook in a nice spot at home against the Dolphins this week.   He's really WAY overdue for a big game.

4 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Fired their OC.  New OC “should” lean on the run more if he wants to keep his job.

This is potentially great news for Cook if you’re still alive in your league.

Maybe. They tried to rely on the run in the first half last night and it got them nowhere. I am more hopeful that an easier matchup against the Fish should be the difference this week. 

It's obvious the offensive line is a problem but does anyone else also think Cook can do better? I've been unimpressed by some of his runs, missing gaps and going down early. 

Vikings promoted QBs coach Kevin Stefanski to offensive coordinator.

Stefanski will replace John DeFilippo, who was fired on Tuesday. Giants coach Pat Shurmur tried to take Stefanski with him when he left last offseason, but the Vikings blocked the interview request. There was some thought Minnesota should have just promoted Stefanski after Shurmur left, and now he will get his shot. Considering coach Mike Zimmer's recent comments, Stefanski will likely lean on the running game a bit more than DeFilippo did this season.

This can only be good news. Zimmer is obsessed with getting Cook more carries.
Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 9:33 AM, gullit18 said:

It's obvious the offensive line is a problem but does anyone else also think Cook can do better? I've been unimpressed by some of his runs, missing gaps and going down early. 

You don't think he was impressive today?

24 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

You don't think he was impressive today?

He looked sharp to me today. #Stud #RockHard

On 12/11/2018 at 12:06 PM, LongBalls said:

Vikings promoted QBs coach Kevin Stefanski to offensive coordinator.

Stefanski will replace John DeFilippo, who was fired on Tuesday. Giants coach Pat Shurmur tried to take Stefanski with him when he left last offseason, but the Vikings blocked the interview request. There was some thought Minnesota should have just promoted Stefanski after Shurmur left, and now he will get his shot. Considering coach Mike Zimmer's recent comments, Stefanski will likely lean on the running game a bit more than DeFilippo did this season.

This can only be good news. Zimmer is obsessed with getting Cook more carries.

Most Coaches like getting the ball to their best athlete. Getting the Ball to Cook 20+ times a game should be mandatory!

2 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

What a beast this guy is when he Gets the ball.

Fixed. 

8 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

I need to time travel back to September and tell my past self it's all going to be ok.

Would I draft him again though?

For this season, no.  He essentially was lost for half the season, then had some meh games.  One or two good games does not a good season make.

Would I draft again next year?  Depends at what cost.  Despite the average season, there are reasons for optimism that when the Vikings fully commit to him, he balls out.  But I'd like to see more passing game involvement rather than him just staying back to block and even when there's nobody to block, he doesn't shoot out for a route.  I'd like to see some o-line improvement.  I still see him going somewhere in the mid to late 2nd round, which might be a little rich for me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CooL said:

For this season, no.  He essentially was lost for half the season, then had some meh games.  One or two good games does not a good season make.

Would I draft again next year?  Depends at what cost.  Despite the average season, there are reasons for optimism that when the Vikings fully commit to him, he balls out.  But I'd like to see more passing game involvement rather than him just staying back to block and even when there's nobody to block, he doesn't shoot out for a route.  I'd like to see some o-line improvement.  I still see him going somewhere in the mid to late 2nd round, which might be a little rich for me.

100% agreed. Took him over CMC. I even took him over Hunt. Isn't that crazy? It was a split-second decision. I hated myself for most of the season, but now I'm celebrating, 7-6 and one night away from going into the Finals.

• Haha 1