Rolling Thunder

New York Giants 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Buffalo deal is still on the table ... However, The “indirect 3 way” trade I mentioned awhile ago is underway *

*w/ Cleveland, not Denver. Denver has decided they’ll “take whoever falls” at 5

Giants may be drafting at 4th overall when it’s all said and done 

** Bills 2019 1st rounder will be the key for these dominoes to fall. Otherwise Cleveland will stay at 1/4

Theres been talks about Cleveland jumping from 4 to 2 - but the “Buffalo agreement” is trying to be accommodated - at least for now. 

and yes, this is what was referenced in Bucky’s cryptic tweets 

feel free to pile on me now, you’re welcome for sharing what I’ve heard. Draft day can’t come soon enough 

*Giants / Dez interest is being “explored”, although the “urgency is not exactly mutual” 

** any “headlines” you see re: the Giants you can go ahead and disregard. Any news coming out to the media is stuff they want to be out there (“Rosen smoke” for example)

*** several teams are trying to package for the 2 spot. Thank you again Jets

is your "source" an aggregator(google) of every beat reporter and bloggers posts because all of what they are telling you has been speculated upon and printed or podcast. :huh:

24 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Buffalo deal is still on the table ... However, The “indirect 3 way” trade I mentioned awhile ago is underway *

*w/ Cleveland, not Denver. Denver has decided they’ll “take whoever falls” at 5

Giants may be drafting at 4th overall when it’s all said and done 

** Bills 2019 1st rounder will be the key for these dominoes to fall. Otherwise Cleveland will stay at 1/4

Theres been talks about Cleveland jumping from 4 to 2 - but the “Buffalo agreement” is trying to be accommodated - at least for now. 

and yes, this is what was referenced in Bucky’s cryptic tweets 

feel free to pile on me now, you’re welcome for sharing what I’ve heard. Draft day can’t come soon enough 

*Giants / Dez interest is being “explored”, although the “urgency is not exactly mutual” 

** any “headlines” you see re: the Giants you can go ahead and disregard. Any news coming out to the media is stuff they want to be out there (“Rosen smoke” for example)

*** several teams are trying to package for the 2 spot. Thank you again Jets

The BUF 2019 1st is very likely to be the number one pick in next year's draft...

20 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

The BUF 2019 1st is very likely to be the number one pick in next year's draft...

and this QB class is considered to be "the best class in years" 

Mara is "banging the table" for Barkley ... definitely a smoke = fire situation 

however, this 3-way would theoretically still leave Barkley on the board @ 4 (Allen, Darnold, Mayfield top 3)

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

34 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Any chance Giants can go Chubb/Guice? Would they have to trade up to secure Guice?

The entire franchise loves Barkley ... Chubb is absolutely in the discussion because of other backs like Guice / Michel (and others) - as I said before, the only “knock” on Barkley they can find is that there’s a ton of other legit day 1 starters at RB in this class. 

Mara wants him bad:  “clean” prospect / solid locker room guy, fills need, Star power, etc. 

Barkley sells jerseys, is “good for the locker room”, and is an excellent player that will also fill a huge need. It makes too much sense. 

I'm expecting Barkley to be the pick. This time last year, multiple reports were saying Gettleman was taking McCaffrey, so he doesn't have a great track record of preventing leaks. 

Selfishly, I'd love to see a great RB on our team again.

58 minutes ago, dashoe said:

is your "source" an aggregator(google) of every beat reporter and bloggers posts because all of what they are telling you has been speculated upon and printed or podcast. :huh:

Google wont get you free parking on game day either, but sick burn. I forgot why I ignored you, thanks for the reminder

At some point, you’ll realize you are trolling someone on a message board for a team you don’t even like ... best of luck to you when that realization hits. 

Just now, joshua18 said:

I'm expecting Barkley to be the pick. This time last year, multiple reports were saying Gettleman was taking McCaffrey, so he doesn't have a great track record of preventing leaks. 

Selfishly, I'd love to see a great RB on our team again.

The cliche of “getting back to Giants football” after the Mcadoo “basketball on grass” approach is thrown around a lot 

Barkley / Guard in round 2 will essentially be penciled into the Giants roster if they stay at 2. Expect an OT with one of the 3rd rounders as well ... Gettleman intends on taking a “strength in numbers” approach to rebuilding the OL 

(Solder Omameh Jones is a “solid” left side ... they do like Chad Wheeler at RT but will be adding competition, especially for Flowers).

Flowers .... f you Jerry. Still sickening - especially after the year Gurley had

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

The cliche of “getting back to Giants football” after the Mcadoo “basketball on grass” approach is thrown around a lot 

Barkley / Guard in round 2 will essentially be penciled into the Giants roster if they stay at 2. Expect an OT with one of the 3rd rounders as well ... Gettleman intends on taking a “strength in numbers” approach to rebuilding the OL 

(Solder Omameh Jones is a “solid” left side ... they do like Chad Wheeler at RT but will be adding competition, especially for Flowers).

Flowers .... f you Jerry. Still sickening - especially after the year Gurley had

Dont do it Giants.   A rb at 2 when there’s so much talent WAY later would be crazy.  

13 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Google wont get you free parking on game day either, but sick burn. I forgot why I ignored you, thanks for the reminder

At some point, you’ll realize you are trolling someone on a message board for a team you don’t even like ... best of luck to you when that realization hits. 

Did  you say "free parking"? Whoa! (is this a humble brag on your part?)

Your source may be Mara himself or  your cousin who  is a parking attendant for metlife stadium and he gives you the empty space for ticket holders who don't show up and claim their spots by halftime. . .:lol:

Edited by dashoe

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Dont do it Giants.   A rb at 2 when there’s so much talent WAY later would be crazy.  

The flipside, aside from B. Chubb/DE, is that there’s a ton of talent at DB/OL that also could be had later (this is essentially why Nelson is not even a consideration at 2).

RB is deep ... so are other spots. If Barkley is anywhere near as good as Zeke, Fournette, Gurley (most expect him to be better) - he’s absolutely worth it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

The flipside, aside from B. Chubb/DE, is that there’s a ton of talent at DB/OL that also could be had later (this is essentially why Nelson is not even a consideration at 2).

RB is deep ... so are other spots. If Barkley is anywhere near as good as Zeke, Fournette, Gurley (most expect him to be better) - he’s absolutely worth it

Hes not.  Sorry.  

And there’s no one even close to Chubb later.   

Deep /= talented....just draftable

rbs are deep and talented.   The assumption Barkley will be so much better than any other rb taken later is faulty.   

Respect your opinion because it comes from an honest place-  but you couldn’t be more wrong here CG

ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay said "it feels inevitable" that the Giants will use the No. 2 overall pick on Penn State RB Saquon Barkley.

Giants beat writers have been suggesting for weeks now that the team is leaning away from a quarterback at No. 2, and that would leave Barkley, EDGE Bradley Chubb, and OL Quenton Nelson as the cream of the crop among non-passers. "I've heard very strongly that there are important people in the building who believe in Barkley and being a physical, run-first team," McShay said Wednesday. "Barkley can be the face of the team for the next 10 years." The Giants seem to be all-in on going for it again with a clearly-in-decline 37-year-old Eli Manning.
Apr 18 - 10:48 AM

Imagine...... "the clearly-in-decline 37-year-old- Eli Manning" getting an All-Pro running game to establish a dominant running game and taking pressure off him for the first time in his career (well since Bradshaw, Jacobs and Ward). How crazy that would be for a "declining Eli Manning".

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Imagine...... "the clearly-in-decline 37-year-old- Eli Manning" getting an All-Pro running game to establish a dominant running game and taking pressure off him for the first time in his career (well since Bradshaw, Jacobs and Ward). How crazy that would be for a "declining Eli Manning".

Absolutely get one!! There’s many to choose from.   3rd, 4th round-  whenever.  

Especially if u pair it with a Chubb at #2 (boo, want him in Denver) to boost your D line, and a Hernandez or mcglinchy to boost the O line.   The giants can do all this and still grab an awesome rb prospect.     This idea that Barkley is the Giants magic bean is preposterous.

just my .02-   Honestly I hope u do draft Barkley at 2 so the Broncos dont step in it at 5   

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Absolutely get one!! There’s many to choose from.   3rd, 4th round-  whenever.  

Especially if u pair it with a Chubb at #2 (boo, want him in Denver) to boost your D line, and a Hernandez or mcglinchy to boost the O line.   The giants can do all this and still grab an awesome rb prospect.     This idea that Barkley is the Giants magic bean is preposterous.

just my .02-   Honestly I hope u do draft Barkley at 2 so the Broncos dont step in it at 5   

Barkley is the only three-down RB in this class. Easily better than taking a later rd RB who can't catch or pass protect.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Barkley is the only three-down RB in this class. Easily better than taking a later rd RB who can't catch or pass protect.

Wrong.    Stunningly so.   I don’t know your feelings about this website— but it’s just one of many profiling how good this class of rbs is. 

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php

Just read down the top 15 or so and see how many mention “3 down back” or “soft hands” or “great in the passing game” 

and while we’re here...tell me how many top 5 rbs in the last 15 years have won a SB compared to dominant defenses and quarterbacks.     Guys-   It’s just a rb.   Very little impact without a great team around him.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I think that's the point people are missing. You don't take Barkley that high because he is just "another RB who you can get later". You take him that high because he is substantially better than those "other guys" and arguably the best player in the draft that could be one of the best players for years to come in the league as a whole. There's a big difference. Also, whose to say that a guy like Wayne Gallman isnt already better than those 3rd-4th round backs?

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Wrong.    Stunningly so.   I don’t know your feelings about this website— but it’s just one of many profiling how good this class of rbs is. 

Just read down the top 15 or so and see how many mention “3 down back” or “soft hands” or “great in the passing game” 

and while we’re here...tell me how many top 5 rbs in the last 15 years have won a SB compared to dominant defenses and quarterbacks.     Guys-   It’s just a rb.   Very little impact without a great team around him.  

Saquon has the ability to be Faulk/Tomlinson. He’s incredible. 

stop acting like he’s “part of a good RB class”. He is, by far, the best player in the draft. Watch these players instead of scrolling Walterfootball. He’s the best RB prospect to come out in a very long time.

You’d be lucky if he fell to 5 - he won’t. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Saquon has the ability to be Faulk/Tomlinson. He’s incredible. 

stop acting like he’s “part of a good RB class”. He is, by far, the best player in the draft. 

You’d be lucky if he fell to 5 - he won’t. 

Well thank heaven for small miracles.    Even if he turns out to be Barry Sanders it means very little to the overall success of the team for the next decade.      Real football is won by the uglies in the trenches and the only skill player who touches the ball every snap.     

23 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Relying on walterfootball was your first mistake. No RB in this class is the pass protector that Barkley is (PFF quantifies it nicely), and no one is even close to his receiving production except Penny, who was historically bad as a pass protector. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Well thank heaven for small miracles.    Even if he turns out to be Barry Sanders it means very little to the overall success of the team for the next decade.      Real football is won by the uglies in the trenches and the only skill player who touches the ball every snap.     

So signing 2 OL as upgrades, LT being significant upgrade, loaded draft class on the OL just might help with “real football”. 

Odell, Shepard, Engram too ... imagine what’ll happen with them actually on the field at the same time.

Not to mention the impact an improved run game has on the entire team (I.e. field position/special teams, clock mgmt, defense not being gassed by the 3rd quarter) ... you know, literally exactly what happened for Dallas / Jacksonville 

40 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

He was god awful last year and so were the Giants. What makes anyone think that adding a running back is going to make a difference? They'll most likely need to win the NFC East to get a playoff spot and there's not a chance in the world that's gonna happen. Go get Eli's replacement and load up for the future!!!

• Like 1

Just now, joshua18 said:

Relying on walterfootball was your first mistake. No RB in this class is the pass protector that Barkley is (PFF quantifies it nicely), and no one is even close to his receiving production except Penny, who was historically bad as a pass protector. 

REAL FOOTBALL!

barkley is so flawless as a prospect that it’s becoming hipster chic to knock him ... he’s about as “sure thing” a prospect to come out in a very long time. 

but, RB is “deep”

• Like 1

Just now, South Carolina said:

He was god awful last year and so were the Giants. What makes anyone think that adding a running back is going to make a difference? They'll most likely need to win the NFC East to get a playoff spot and there's not a chance in the world that's gonna happen. Go get Eli's replacement and load up for the future!!!

if you really need an explanation on how a back like Barkley “makes a difference” - stop posting on a football forum 

let’s go get Eli’s replacement instead of the best RB to come out in years - because a high QB pick is a lock to succeed 

(Insert countless QBs going in top 10 because of this stupid, ironically short sighted line of thinking)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Football 101. First, keep everyone healthy. Secondly, control the clock by winning up front, establishing a dominant running game and playing solid defense. Take pressure of of your "aging" quarterback by putting him in plus situations and watch him take apart the defense with his experience and skill-set with play-action and superior receiving options. It's not rocket science. It's been a staple of the Giants for decades. I guess this is where we have to give credit to Eli for kind of changing the outlook of who the Giants were which is a team that was continually built around a running game and defense.

Edited by nonstopfan