Rolling Thunder

New York Giants 2018 Season Outlook

47 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Sweet unnecessary shot at Eli for no reason whatsoever 

Its not a shot, it’s reality.

40 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

While I respect your admiration for Eli, you gotta let it go. That

was many years ago. He's the 4th best QB in the NFC East now. Quite honestly........ he sucks!!

Probably right but its very close between him and Dak.  You put eli behind that line and stable of RB's.  I'm not so sure Cowboys wouldn't of been a playoff team.  Dak was god awful in games Elliot missed.

5 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Probably right but its very close between him and Dak.  You put eli behind that line and stable of RB's.  I'm not so sure Cowboys wouldn't of been a playoff team.  Dak was god awful in games Elliot missed.

Fair enough, I'll give you Dak. He sucks to. 

17 hours ago, South Carolina said:

While I respect your admiration for Eli, you gotta let it go. That

was many years ago. He's the 4th best QB in the NFC East now. Quite honestly........ he sucks!!

Yeah, the QB who lit up the NFC Champions for 400 yards and 3 TDs last month with no OL, no running game and no OBJ sucks.... 

For good or ill, it appears that Gettleman and Shurmer are getting behind Eli as the 2018 starter.  I will be shocked, though, unless, despite all the words of praise, the Gints still select a hot QB with the No. 2 overall pick.

If they can fix the line and get some RBs, the team could be pretty good next year.  Eli keeps winning, he will keep his job.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dashoe said:

Eli gained my respect that year he beat the Niners inthe confernce championship and he had defenders in what was arguably the best defense in the NFC at the time  hanging all over him and he made killer bombs downfield. The guy played like a warrior

He produced one of the most epic visuals/moments ever in that game for the Giants. He looked like he went 12 rounds lol.

giphy.gif

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 3

https://nypost.com/2017/12/20/two-giants-on-qb-future-stick-with-webb-pass-on-the-draft/

Webb. This guy has Stafford/Cutler "talent" with Eli's work ethic - but was a well documented project in the draft. Obviously could be a whole bunch of smoke for draft day - but it sure looks like the powers that be [and some vets] want Eli to remain and transition eventually to the young gun already on the team. 

Now, draft Barkley and sign Norwell from CAR and we are onto something here .... for a team with a #2 pick there already is a ton of talent on this roster. Odell being healthy will change the season outlook on his own. Odell + Engram is going to be unstoppable.

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Yeah, the QB who lit up the NFC Champions for 400 yards and 3 TDs last month with no OL, no running game and no OBJ sucks.... 

You left out the part where he put the Giants on his back and made an epic playoff run. Ohhh wait, he couldn't. 

47 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

You left out the part where he put the Giants on his back and made an epic playoff run. Ohhh wait, he couldn't. 

He's already done that. Whose your team's starting QB?

Carson Wentz. Let me guess, your going to tell me he sucks now? 

Listen, there's no denying that Eli had an amazing career and is a future hall of famer. But as of now he's done. He's got nothing left.

21 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Carson Wentz. Let me guess, your going to tell me he sucks now? 

Listen, there's no denying that Eli had an amazing career and is a future hall of famer. But as of now he's done. He's got nothing left.

Just wondering why I never heard from you before this season. Now it makes sense...you're a bandwagoning Eagles fan. 

Good luck in the SB. Would be good for an NFC East team besides the Giants to win a title this century. 

• Haha 1

Just now, South Carolina said:

Born and raised in Philly. Are you North Jersey or NY? 

North Jersey. Giants fan since Coughlin was our WRs coach.

19 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

Cool, do you think they'll draft their future QB this year? 

Yes. 

He'll sit 1-2 years behind Eli and then be given the keys. 

I'm all on board for another year of Eli but they absolutely have to get him help in the running game.  The weird Wayne Gallman-Shane-Vereen-Orleans Darkwa combo is clearly not working.

At least OBJ will be back, but whether he can get back to his old form remains to be seen

• Like 1

I’m in on the drafting Barkley bet for the Giants.  Eli looks washed up, but I can’t tell how much of that is a crappy O line.

I think Barkley’s running threat + his ability to act as Eli’s dump off / relief valve would be the teams best “quick fix” option to get them back to 8/8.

I wish we saw Webb start last year... starting Eli in a meaningless game was stupid.  

If they draft a QB he’ll need to be able to scramble, and I don’t think that’s what they want long term.

Mayfield would be an immediate upgrade over Eli.  He’s accurate and not completely flat footed...

But I don’t think he’ll be available...

Mayfield will probably be available end of first start of 2nd. 

He got measured at the senior bowl and was barely over 6 feet. 

This doesn't even talk about his NON football issues that will likely bring him down a bit. 

I see a lot of Manziel in him, but I'd be willing to bet every prospect will use manziel as a warning and clean themselves up once they leave college. 

I still think the giants should trade down from the #2 pick. They are gonna need to address OL, QB, and RB in first 2 rounds. Probably will spend some money in FA too on the OL. 

4 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Mayfield will probably be available end of first start of 2nd. 

He got measured at the senior bowl and was barely over 6 feet. 

This doesn't even talk about his NON football issues that will likely bring him down a bit. 

I see a lot of Manziel in him, but I'd be willing to bet every prospect will use manziel as a warning and clean themselves up once they leave college. 

I still think the giants should trade down from the #2 pick. They are gonna need to address OL, QB, and RB in first 2 rounds. Probably will spend some money in FA too on the OL. 

Nobody dislikes Mayfield more than me, but there is zero chance he’s available end of the first early second. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

Nobody dislikes Mayfield more than me, but there is zero chance he’s available end of the first early second. 

I'm pretty sure he will be there. 

I bet a team that wants him trades up to the end of the first though to grab him. The 5th year rookie option for QBs is "yuuuggee". 

He will be hyped up all offseason and projected super high cause he's the most recent Heisman winner, but then the draft will happen and all the talking heads who had him as a top 10 pick will all say why they knew he'd be drafted this late (they won't know, they don't know what they're doing). 

I'm not sure about Mayfield either, but If they think their future QB is there than they have to draft him. They may not be in this draft position again, who knows? I don't think any of them are slam dunks. 

8 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

see a lot of Manziel in him, but I'd be willing to bet every prospect will use manziel as a warning and clean themselves up once they leave college.  

Really poor comparison. Just because a guy is shy of 6’ and grabs his nuts every now and then doesn’t make him the spoiled rich kid diva that Manziel was. Mayfield has a much more polished collegiate career that he earned every single bit of by himself. He is also a bigger player who doesn’t rely on his legs as much. Really the only knock on Mayfield is his height which has been shown time and time again to not really be that much of an issue.

I don’t think the Giants draft him, just sayin’. Almost every single mock I have seen has them going with Rosen but Barkley could be interesting also.

Edited by lolcopter

20 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Really poor comparison. Just because a guy is shy of 6’ and grabs his nuts every now and then doesn’t make him the spoiled rich kid diva that Manziel was. Mayfield has a much more polished collegiate career that he earned every single bit of by himself. He is also a bigger player who doesn’t rely on his legs as much. Really the only knock on Mayfield is his height which has been shown time and time again to not really be that much of an issue.

I don’t think the Giants draft him, just sayin’. Almost every single mock I have seen has them going with Rosen but Barkley could be interesting also.

While in college Manziel was arrested once. 

Mayfield was also arrested once. 

They are both Heisman winners and both "off the field red flags". 

They are both "short" by typical NFL QB standards. 

We can agree to disagree, but I see many similarities. Hopefully he doesn't throw away the opportunity like manziel did. I don't think he will, but the red flags are There that has potential to bring him down IMO. 

Mayfield is over 6 foot too. 6'0 3/8"

Lots of guys that didn't have rich upbringings haven't got it together either. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Manziel's problems didn't arrive until he became a full blown alcoholic in the NFL. Let's hope Mayfield doesn't go down that same path

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Poor comparison? They couldn't be any more alike.

• Thanks 1