Fantasy Dork

Jordon "Jo" Adell - OF LAA

Prospects of the Week:                 

From Paul Martin-

Adell is one of my favorite prospects in the entirety of the minor leagues. This incredibly athletic prospect became popular this summer for being known as the guy keeping up with Mike Trout‘s home run distances in BP. In fact, there is the famous picture of him lodging a ball into a wall due to the insane exit velocity he had off the bat. The power is phenomenal, and after a slow start, he hit all 5 HR he has in 2018 this week. It is astonishing to watch this guy in action because the five-tool tag is supremely apparent. He’s huge, he fields well, throws well, has immense power and speed, plus slight improvements on the strikeout rate will make his hit tool even more coveted. This performance is one of many studly weeks I project for Jo Adell in the future, and as he moves up the ranks this season, I will bet he makes this article a few more times.

So, one month in A+, mashes his way to AA for a week and then, what, starting LF right after the All Star Break?

or has Soto ruined my prospect expectations?

• Like 4

First A+ HR tonight. 

Would love to see him hit AA at some point this season. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I know this might not be the place, but what are we talking here as far his updating ranking?  Is he a potential top 5 for next season?  The swing and miss makes me pause a bit but I’m so close to swapping Mejia for him in my dynasty.

Edited by ShaneMT31

3 hours ago, ShaneMT31 said:

I know this might not be the place, but what are we talking here as far his updating ranking?  Is he a potential top 5 for next season?  The swing and miss makes me pause a bit but I’m so close to swapping Mejia for him in my dynasty.

Dynasty or keeper?

FWIW I own Mejia and Adell on the same 5x5 squad and if forced to pick between the two I'm keeping Adell...But I chase upside.

Struggled since the promotion but is starting to warm up. 3-5 yesterday with his 10th HR and 8th SB on the year. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

He even liked the tweet lol

Edited by DannyMcPot

Finished 3-5 with his 11th bomb and 9th SB

Adell is going to shoot wayyyy up prospect lists by years end. 🚀🚀🚀

• Like 2

I figured out the comp. It's George Springer. 

From Razzball Ralph Lifsh!tz -

• Jo Adell is a top 10 Fantasy prospect. It’s true, I can’t think of 10 players I could make a concrete case against him with. He’s in the midst of a 3-for-3 night as I write this, and is slashing .291/.347/.556 with 11 homers and 9 steals between low and high A ball. After starting off somewhat slow through his first ten games post promotion, slashing .190/.244/.500, he’s really turned it on his last ten, going .326/.341/.558. Plus speed, plus hit, plus power, make Adell a monster in the making. Though you’d like to see more walks following the promotion to Inland, it’s important to keep in mind he’s been a professional ball player for just about 12 months. Sky is the limit, don’t trade Adell.
  • Like 1

Where will this guy be when prospect lists get updated? Gotta be top 20, close to top 10 imo

2-run blast in his first AB tonight. 13th of the year and 7th since being promoted to High-A. Dude is on fire right now

• Like 1

Too soon to grab and hold for this year in a 12 team, Roto keeper where we keep 8 each year and there is offseason trading?

if he is going to jump the ranks quickly and we could be looking at a cup of coffee this year and a June/July call next...probably worth grabbing. 

12 hours ago, nodnarbnap said:

Too soon to grab and hold for this year in a 12 team, Roto keeper where we keep 8 each year and there is offseason trading?

if he is going to jump the ranks quickly and we could be looking at a cup of coffee this year and a June/July call next...probably worth grabbing. 

upside of this magnitude is rare. I don't think that's a bad idea at all. 

Posted (edited)

7-9 in his past two games with his 14th bomb and 11th SB 😍

Keep Calm

And

Acquire Adell

Edited by DannyMcPot
  • Like 1

Crazy to think his teammate Marsh is a really good prospect and also 14 months older and is struggling big time in A+ while Adell lays waste to it. 

As he continues to destroy the baseball whats an approximate ETA?  At this pace I'd say sometime next year.  Calhouns play this year should give him a clear opening when he is ready

15 hours ago, footy1 said:

As he continues to destroy the baseball whats an approximate ETA?  At this pace I'd say sometime next year.  Calhouns play this year should give him a clear opening when he is ready

Pretty early 2019, probably similar to how Acuna was handled this year.  The Angels need to get this guy in their lineup with Trout for as long as they can.