Fantasy Dork

Jordon "Jo" Adell - OF LAA

Watched him play against San Jose Giants last night and will echo what has already been said above.  He's a stud and the HR he hit last night was a bomb to left center.  Probably about 370 feet where it went over.  Ball made a different sound coming off his bat than anyone else's.  He's looking really good and would be buying him where I could.

• Like 3

First game in AA. A hr and a HBP so he seems to fit in as a 19 year old in Mobile. 

He got pulled late in his second AA game and has missed the last two, maybe three. I can’t find anything anywhere on why. Anyone got anything? I imagine it’s an injury but you’d think it would be announced

Lets do some math. Adell played Aug 2. today is Aug 8th and he is still "maintenance week" apparently. Until he actually plays do they really expect the Where is Adell questions to stop?

Latest News

Aug 8, 10:18 AM CDT

Adell has been out of the lineup for Double-A Mobile with a jammed right thumb, Jeff Fletcher of The Orange County Register reports.

Analysis

Adell has only appeared in two Double-A games since earning a promotion July 30. The injury is not reported to be a serious one and he is expected to return to action soon.

Coming up this year? Looks good on the 30 clubs 30 days show on mlb network. 

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Coming up this year? Looks good on the 30 clubs 30 days show on mlb network. 

Wondering the same thing, but the OF is crowded. He’s definitely their insurance policy if/when Trout decides to leave. As of right now there’s no room for him with Upton/Trout/Calhoun. If Calhoun is traded then I would expect him to make an appearance but with several others such as Bourjos and Hermosillo fighting for the 4th OF job I would be surprised if he’s up before September.  However, if there’s an OF injury, and the team is in the hunt for the WC and he’s mashing I’m the minors, I could see his cup of coffee happening this year.

• Like 2

I think he comes up as a late season callup for 2019. Could maybe get the call if he's doing well in Double-A and one of their starting OFers gets injured. 2020 is where he'll have a firm opening in RF with Calhoun a UFA after this season(team has a club option for 2020 on him for $14 million which they certainly won't pick up)

2 doubles & RBI for Jo Gazelle yesterday off Cody Reed and Anthony DeSclafani. Fully expecting a cup of Jo for Adell later in the year lol 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DannyMcPot said:

2 doubles & RBI for Jo Gazelle yesterday off Cody Reed and Anthony DeSclafani. Fully expecting a cup of Jo for Adell later in the year lol 

i_see_what_you_did_there_two_tone_coffee

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That certainly hurts his development path a bit as I doubt we see him get some MLB AB's this year. Was thinking he'd perhaps get a late season call-up but this injury will cost him the first couple months of the season

Have to think this costs him next year, too, right? If he doesn't return until June, will he show enough development to be given a legit shot at an OF job right out of ST in 2020? 

sounds like he is symptom free and ramping it up. The hope is back by end of May prolly at AA. A lot of prospects are vying to knock him out of top 10 so he needs to remind people who he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my top early targets for next year. I doubt he is up this year unless the Angels are in the thick of the wild card race, but expect him to have a fair shot at winning an OF spot if Calhoun leaves: similar to Eloy this year. His athleticism is off the charts, even by top prospect standards

He is playing today at Inland Empire in A ball. If all goes well he should be back at Mobile soon. Welcome back

• Thanks 1

0-4 in his first game back at A ball. Hopefully he gets back on the fast track soon. With all the callups Adell. Robert, and Wander should all be jockeying for top prospect in the minors in midseason rankings.