Fantasy Dork

Jordon "Jo" Adell - OF LAA

2-5 with his first bomb of the year yesterday. Should move up to AA soon. Welcome back Mighty Jo Young. 

• Like 2

2-4 with tater #2. I don't think he'll see the majors this year but that would be pretty amazing at age 20. 

• Like 2

Love this guys potential.. Im hoping if not a late callup this year potentially he gets the chance to earn a spot to start next year in the majors. We shall see

17 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

what do you think Adell’s ceiling is? 

30/20 with a decent average/OBP?

Hard to say with the way balls are flying out of the park in the majors. Maybe he has a little more power than that

• Like 1

Without much fanfare he has been promoted to AA. Hopefully he plays today and we can get a better grip where he is at.

• Like 1

0-4 in his first game in mobile, Hopefully better days are ahead

17 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

0-4 in his first game in mobile, Hopefully better days are ahead

No way. Bust.

Really want to see how the K-rate stabilizes in round 2 at AA. 31% during the first stint last year. Hopefully, 25% or better in round 2. If he gets there, he'll push for a promotion quicker for sure. He has the "sound" off the bat.

• Like 2

Would rank as the 7th hardest hit ball in the majors this year right above some dudes named Trout and Yelich... whoever they are...

• Like 3

On 6/4/2019 at 3:49 PM, oswald737 said:

No way. Bust.

Really want to see how the K-rate stabilizes in round 2 at AA. 31% during the first stint last year. Hopefully, 25% or better in round 2. If he gets there, he'll push for a promotion quicker for sure. He has the "sound" off the bat.

SSS but through 48 PAs, he’s struck out 6 times (4 walks). So far so good. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I feel people are sleeping on JoJo... which savvy owners can take advantage of. The buzz from the beginning of the year died off quick w/ the freak injury, and other than the hard working people in this MiLB section (THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH, YOU GUYS ARE EFFIN AWESOME!!!) who are well beyond "in the know", he's about to become the darling of prospects overnight. Guy is kinda huge for a speedy/toolsy OF, and seems to glide rather than max effort run. His size and balance allow him to mollywhop baseballs rather than a swing out of his shoes approach. I've been camped on him a long while (thanks to this site) and feel he will make an impact quickly when he gets the call. Angels are getting production currently from numerous guys they didn't expect to, and it's a blessing he's not being rushed given the time missed. 6 K's in 48 AB's as Flyman pointed out are a great sign of coachability and maturation. If he continues to work on what's not right, his pure ability will vault him into a star in no time. If you haven't, watch some of his videos! He looks the part in every way! He's a keeper... pun intended. 

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LarryChip10 said:

I feel people are sleeping on JoJo... which savvy owners can take advantage of. The buzz from the beginning of the year died off quick w/ the freak injury, and other than the hard working people in this MiLB section (THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH, YOU GUYS ARE EFFIN AWESOME!!!) who are well beyond "in the know", he's about to become the darling of prospects overnight. Guy is kinda huge for a speedy/toolsy OF, and seems to glide rather than max effort run. His size and balance allow him to mollywhop baseballs rather than a swing out of his shoes approach. I've been camped on him a long while (thanks to this site) and feel he will make an impact quickly when he gets the call. Angels are getting production currently from numerous guys they didn't expect to, and it's a blessing he's not being rushed given the time missed. 6 K's in 48 AB's as Flyman pointed out are a great sign of coachability and maturation. If he continues to work on what's not right, his pure ability will vault him into a star in no time. If you haven't, watch some of his videos! He looks the part in every way! He's a keeper... pun intended. 

How are people sleeping on a consensus top 5 prospect? Heck, I have seen many with him right behind Franco. Adell is a potential monster.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

How are people sleeping on a consensus top 5 prospect? Heck, I have seen many with him right behind Franco. Adell is a potential monster.

In the sense that his name was hardly mentioned here, let alone the web as a whole due to his injury. Now that he’s back, the flame is burning once again. 

I’d venture Robert/ Wander/ Mize etc... are owned @ a skewed % comparatively is all.

Guy in my keeper league added Pache about a month ago. He’s not a Braves fan either. Between the two, who’d you rather have? Rhetorically speaking... 

Im not saying nobody has heard of him, rather if he’s unowned somehow, if he’s slipped through the cracks due to injury and his quick rise up the charts last year that may have gone unnoticed, grab him while you can! 

Edited by LarryChip10

17 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

In the sense that his name was hardly mentioned here, let alone the web as a whole due to his injury. Now that he’s back, the flame is burning once again. 

I’d venture Robert/ Wander/ Mize etc... are owned @ a skewed % comparatively is all.

Guy in my keeper league added Pache about a month ago. He’s not a Braves fan either. Between the two, who’d you rather have? Rhetorically speaking... 

Im not saying nobody has heard of him, rather if he’s unowned somehow, if he’s slipped through the cracks due to injury and his quick rise up the charts last year that may have gone unnoticed, grab him while you can! 

I guess I just don't see that personally. Adell is one of the most highly desirable assets out there. Obviously, he hasn't seen the traffic because he wasn't playing, but that doesn't to me diminish the hype I feel in dynasty leagues. Adell has moved up in prospect rankings with graduations despite his injury. Can't say I have seen a single site downgrade him as a result of the missed time.

If Adell isn't owned in any league where Pache is (and I like Pache too), I'd question that league competitively.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

I guess I just don't see that personally. Adell is one of the most highly desirable assets out there. Obviously, he hasn't seen the traffic because he wasn't playing, but that doesn't to me diminish the hype I feel in dynasty leagues. Adell has moved up in prospect rankings with graduations despite his injury. Can't say I have seen a single site downgrade him as a result of the missed time.

If Adell isn't owned in any league where Pache is (and I like Pache too), I'd question that league competitively.

You are a Mod on the best hidden site in fantasy land, so yourself and all of us who frequent are certainly aware of him, have looked a lil deeper. 

Ive seen many articles on CBS of the other top prospects, but hardly a mention of Jo Jo. I guess is all relative, and Dynasty of course is a whole different ball of wax, but for the average guy in a keeper league... he may still be available given the lack of press. 

Anyway, curious on your take. I think he’s got a very high ceiling w/ minimal risk. May grow out of his speed rather quickly, but w/ the gain of upper level power. 

1 hour ago, LarryChip10 said:

Fantrax% owned-

Mize- 45%

Adell- 40%

Wander- 37%

Robert- 34%

Pache- 28%

I think your perception, maybe rooted in lack of traffic here and elsewhere (there wasn’t much to talk about early on) is not reality. 

That said we all agree that he has all the tools and should be owned anywhere prospects hold value.

• Thanks 1

At this point the only guy who's above him in most rankings is Wander. People think he's a future superstar and in now way is he underrated.

Wish I did my research on him earlier. I remember 2 years ago I liked his tools but thought he wouldn't be able to hit enough. I thought this guy would bust and Jahami Jones would instead be the star of the Angels' system. Whoops.

If the K% is going to be under 20% then look out. 

Another bomb tonight. 3-4, 1hr, 1bb, 0k

Ops now 1.226

Excited to see what he does to that AAA ball. 

You guys think a call up this year is possible ? Just picked him up in a dynasty keeper league....looking forward to reading up more on this guy. 

Looks like Calhoun is currently in the way. 

After paying Trout 400 mill now isn't the time to pinch pennies. The Angels need their best players on the best team they can put forward. With LaStella injury and Skaggs dying the fanbase deserves some good news now. not just wait until another offseason. I do wish the Angels had a better farm system overall though. Giving Pujols a 10 year deal after giving Hamilton a 10 year deal before him stunts young players who never seem to get a fair chance to beat out the ancient overpaid guys. I hope Trout at the end of his contract is worth at least half of it. At least he is their homegrown player and not some geezer they overpay to play there for 10 years. I guess I should mention Adell in this somewhere. yes I think he is up this year maybe straight from AA. If he gets promoted to AAA then prolly not this year.

13 hours ago, papaphunk said:

You guys think a call up this year is possible ? Just picked him up in a dynasty keeper league....looking forward to reading up more on this guy. 

Looks like Calhoun is currently in the way. 

The Angels should give Adell a little taste of the majors before the season ends. I think he will be up at some point this year if he keeps hitting well.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:48 AM, LarryChip10 said:

You are a Mod on the best hidden site in fantasy land, so yourself and all of us who frequent are certainly aware of him, have looked a lil deeper. 

Ive seen many articles on CBS of the other top prospects, but hardly a mention of Jo Jo. I guess is all relative, and Dynasty of course is a whole different ball of wax, but for the average guy in a keeper league... he may still be available given the lack of press. 

Anyway, curious on your take. I think he’s got a very high ceiling w/ minimal risk. May grow out of his speed rather quickly, but w/ the gain of upper level power. 

Adell and it's not close.  Mentioned pages back his ceiling is good Matt Kemp.  That's still true.

1 hour ago, Under500Forever said:

The Angels should give Adell a little taste of the majors before the season ends. I think he will be up at some point this year if he keeps hitting well.

Depends on the K rate.   And there's really no place for him to play unless Upton gets hurt again.