Fantasy Dork

Jordon "Jo" Adell - OF LAA

On 7/11/2019 at 1:25 AM, 96mnc said:

Depends on the K rate.   And there's really no place for him to play unless Upton gets hurt again. 

I guess your right. I thought he could slide in Kalhoun’s spot but didn’t realize he had 19 homers this year although he is hitting .224. 

The angels are sitting just under .500 so maybe it’s more likely they give him a shot if they fall out of contention?

Just cut Pujols and move Upton to 1st. Put the best players you can around Trout. 

Or nah. 

3-4 2HRs tonight, if the Angels want to make the playoffs they have to bring him up I would think

• Like 1

THU, AUG 1, 2:19 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Adell was promoted from Double-A Mobile to Triple-A Salt Lake on Thursday, Jeff Fletcher of The Orange County Register reports.

Spin: Adell, one of the top prospects in baseball, will get his first taste of Triple-A after facing little resistance in 46 games with Double-A Mobile (.308/.390/.553 slash line with eight home runs and six stolen bases). If the 20-year-old hits the ground running at Triple-A, he could force his way onto the big-league roster before the end of the season.

What are the chances of him coming up in Sept? He is sitting there in my redraft league and I have an open NA spot. Kid looks like he will be a stud as a pro.

2 hours ago, jeffcarroll23 said:

What are the chances of him coming up in Sept? He is sitting there in my redraft league and I have an open NA spot. Kid looks like he will be a stud as a pro.

I think the chances are reasonable. The Angels FO must know that he's going to put up numbers in the PCL which will increase the pressure to call him up. They could have let him finish the season in AA but chose not to. Maybe they are actually ok with the pressure to call him up because they're trying to expedite his timeline to get up and help Trout/Ohtani ASAP. 

2 hours ago, dod959 said:

I think the chances are reasonable. The Angels FO must know that he's going to put up numbers in the PCL which will increase the pressure to call him up. They could have let him finish the season in AA but chose not to. Maybe they are actually ok with the pressure to call him up because they're trying to expedite his timeline to get up and help Trout/Ohtani ASAP. 

Yea that move to AAA was surprising. Hope he comes up soon haha

His OBP is 40 points higher than his SLG...and his OBP is pretty bad.

Small sample size, but not a good run in AAA so far.

He hit his first 2 AAA HRs in his only 2 ABs last night but they won’t officially count due to a rain out. 

• Thanks 1

With Trout out I was hoping Adell would get the call to keep the fans interested. Apparently not. At least the Arizona fall league will get to see Adell instead of Goodwin.