boltup15

Isaiah Crowell 2018 Outlook

Just now, TedStriker said:

I was just responding to the guy who was trying to make a case that because Powell has out-gained Crowell that Crowell is a RB4 and/or a drop. I believe Crowell is useful for fantasy purposes in good match-ups precisely because he is the Jets G/L back -- the yardage is secondary and I don't really care if he averages 2 YPC if he gets a few goal-line looks. Sure, he wont score every game but his likelihood of scoring is much higher than Powell and, in a deep league, I'm going to roll the dice on the guy who can score TD's. 

And I have to disagree that he isn't getting consistent touches. He's had 10,12,16 rush attempts and a handful of targets in each game. Factor in that a lot of his touches are G/L work and that's not too shabby.

10-12 rushes aren't going to help much unless he does put up Kamara-like efficiency. The 16 attempts were nice this week. And maybe he puts up 15+ next week. But until he starts rushing more than 15 times a game it will be really difficult to trust using him even during a bye week.

Keep sipping the haterade. He has more TDs than all of last season and if something were to happen to Powell ur looking at a STRONG RB2 and with him getting goal line carries he still feels like a solid Flex right around the AP range and no one is really dogging him

Just now, devaster said:

10-12 rushes aren't going to help much unless he does put up Kamara-like efficiency. The 16 attempts were nice this week. And maybe he puts up 15+ next week. But until he starts rushing more than 15 times a game it will be really difficult to trust using him even during a bye week.

Yeah I'm not advocating using Crowell every week, especially in a 12-team league.

I used him in a 14-teamer over Lesean McCoy in a 3-WR league where I went WR heavy. I understood he could easily have ended up with 5 points and that's how it goes sometimes but he also has the higher ceiling because of the TD potential which Powell doesn't have. Even still, I think you're downplaying his touches though. Maybe I'm crazy but ~15 touches is pretty solid these days.

9 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Yeah I'm not advocating using Crowell every week, especially in a 12-team league.

I used him in a 14-teamer over Lesean McCoy in a 3-WR league where I went WR heavy. I understood he could easily have ended up with 5 points and that's how it goes sometimes but he also has the higher ceiling because of the TD potential which Powell doesn't have. Even still, I think you're downplaying his touches though. Maybe I'm crazy but ~15 touches is pretty solid these days.

I've just been a bit baffled by his usage the first 3 weeks. Even this week with the 16 rush attempts it felt like Powell was getting all the good looks. Powell's run plays generally had much better blocking.

Was hoping Crowell was going to get a more significant share of the touches every week since the Jets brought him in for that purpose. Will continue to monitor going forward.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I've just been a bit baffled by his usage the first 3 weeks. Even this week with the 16 rush attempts it felt like Powell was getting all the good looks. Powell's run plays generally had much better blocking.

Was hoping Crowell was going to get a more significant share of the touches every week since the Jets brought him in for that purpose. Will continue to monitor going forward.

I agree. For example, Crowell got two carries when the Jets were pinned down at their own 1-yard line. They just wanted to get the bruiser in to get some breathing room and those carries are almost guaranteed to get a yard or two at most. Conversely, he'll get the same opportunity when he's at the opponents 1-yard line :D.

2 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

I agree. For example, Crowell got two carries when the Jets were pinned down at their own 1-yard line. They just wanted to get the bruiser in to get some breathing room and those carries are almost guaranteed to get a yard or two at most. Conversely, he'll get the same opportunity when he's at the opponents 1-yard line :D.

The only reason I have Crowell in my dynasty is because I didn't perform the original draft. Just took over team before season started couple years ago. Feel like I'm always stuck with this RB that I can't start and can't drop. And no one will trade for him either.

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

The only reason I have Crowell in my dynasty is because I didn't perform the original draft. Just took over team before season started couple years ago. Feel like I'm always stuck with this RB that I can't start and can't drop. And no one will trade for him either.

I totally get it. I wasn't thrilled rolling him out last night but it worked out. I actually traded for him as a depth piece since in this league you can never have enough serviceable RB's and that's what he is. He's a 4-7 point RB with potential to spike in the 15+ range especially if the matchup looks good. I will not be using him vs Jax next week although if anyone has a decent case for it I'm all ears.

19 minutes ago, devaster said:

With the latest injuries to RBs and bye weeks coming up I bet you could get something "decent" in a trade.  Crowell is a solid flex play, especially during bye weeks.  Many Rbs are now missing time and I bet an RB needy team would take Crowell especially after his hot start fantasy wise.

I'm getting offers in my 12-man keeper league for him.  Not that he might be a keeper for sure but he's usable this year.

Currently the RB12 in PPR.  Getting goal line duties.  15+ touches/game.  Powell gets it at the 20, Crowell around 50 to goal line.

seems he’s getting no respect.

Yeah def gets no respect.... been trying to upgrade at a spot and just to make room I need to add a kicker and back up qb doing some 2fer offers and no one will take him in a 12 teamer.... seems silly cause most of them need a rb back for either bye weeks or just to start aND here's a rb2 they are like nah rather hope my guy getting 3 to 5 points a week busts out...anyway he's been solid and no reason it shouldn't stay that way.... but some people aren't allured by solid.... they want home runs or nothing

Yea he gets no respect 

I have a trade for him being offer to me

its crowell barber for Ridley? 

Or Crowell for allison

27 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Yea he gets no respect 

I have a trade for him being offer to me

its crowell barber for Ridley? 

Or Crowell for allison

Cool story bro. 

11 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Cool story bro. 

Thanks bro 

What side you like 

cro +Bar for Ridley 

cro for Geronimo 

10 hours ago, hard1 said:

Yeah def gets no respect.... been trying to upgrade at a spot and just to make room I need to add a kicker and back up qb doing some 2fer offers and no one will take him in a 12 teamer.... seems silly cause most of them need a rb back for either bye weeks or just to start aND here's a rb2 they are like nah rather hope my guy getting 3 to 5 points a week busts out...anyway he's been solid and no reason it shouldn't stay that way.... but some people aren't allured by solid.... they want home runs or nothing

You respect him so much, trade someone else and start him. 

• Confused 1

This guy is just so hard to trust. I'll have him as a FLEX3 for the hell of it. Hoping he finds pay dirt.

3 hours ago, yanksman said:

You respect him so much, trade someone else and start him. 

He's my second best back... mixon is the only better one I have and I'm a bengals fan and homer or would:(

23 hours ago, stickman786 said:

This man is trash. Is guy droppable?

I dropped him today.  5 bench league.  You'll never know when to start this guy, and when he busts...he busts hard.

• Haha 1

he was just dropped in my 12 team league with 8 man benches.  was pretty surprised.  anything to see here or leave him on the heap?

He has a bad game against the best defense in football and people are dropping him.  I'm not advocating for him moving forward but it's a bit ridiculous that people are judging him based off of a game against Jacksonville.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffnsee said:

231 yards today and 1 rushing TD...what's the outlook for him RoS? Boom bust high-end RB2? 

Nothing has changed.  He's an RB2 who will have ups and downs based on matchup, game flow, and whether he scores a TD or not... just like almost every other RB2 in the game.  If you could rely on him every single week, you never would have got him in the 7th round.  People need to wake up and understand what fantasy looks like and keep their expectations in check relative to draft day investment.  It feels like every year people forget that this is how RB2s perform.  At the end of the season he's going to have around 1,000 rushing and 8-10 TDs.  He'll finish in the 15-20 range on the season, and on a weekly basis will have a few RB1 finishes, a few RB3 finishes, and a handful of RB2 finishes for season long RB2 totals.  No one should have been starting him against JAX last week in a terrible matchup, where he was seemingly also being punished for his TD celebration the week before.  If you were relying on your 7th round pick, against the #1 Defense in the league last week... I promise it's not Crowells fault your team struggled.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:46 PM, The Dirtdog said:

He has a bad game against the best defense in football and people are dropping him.  I'm not advocating for him moving forward but it's a bit ridiculous that people are judging him based off of a game against Jacksonville.

He had an awful game against Miami too and they aren't world beaters

Edited by kdko