• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
dashoe

David Johnson 2018 Outlook

I just wish that David Johnson, the TE, hadn't been cut by the Steelers.  I just loved getting people to bid $50 for him when I had the first nomination in an auction draft.

Sigh... The good ol' days...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

I just wish that David Johnson, the TE, hadn't been cut by the Steelers.  I just loved getting people to bid $50 for him when I had the first nomination in an auction draft.

Sigh... The good ol' days...

Why play with that level of competition?

38 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Why play with that level of competition?

For fun and profit.

8 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

For fun and profit.

Aah...they get you back to level.

psygolf--

Running circles around the intellectually inferior and relieving them of their cash never gets old.  You should try it sometime.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

psygolf--

Running circles around the intellectually inferior and relieving them of their cash never gets old.  You should try it sometime.

Ok...send invite.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Barkley was gonna outscore him in 2018 regardless of how this shakes out ... 

We have a 28-page Saquon outlook thread, a 73-page NYG outlook thread and a 37-page OBJ outlook thread thanks in no small part to you. Can you try and keep your pure homerism takes confined to those threads? 

You saw the smallest ***** in DJ's armor and your mind immediately went to how you could interject an NYG player into the conversation... like, it's almost laughable. BTW I'm not saying SB can't or won't outperform DJ, totally possible. Just not a relevant point to make, especially when nobody is discussing SB vs. DJ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, smeeze said:

We have a 28-page Saquon outlook thread, a 73-page NYG outlook thread and a 37-page OBJ outlook thread thanks in no small part to you. Can you try and keep your pure homerism takes confined to those threads? 

You saw the smallest ***** in DJ's armor and your mind immediately went to how you could interject an NYG player into the conversation... like, it's almost laughable. BTW I'm not saying SB can't or won't outperform DJ, totally possible. Just not a relevant point to make, especially when nobody is discussing SB vs. DJ.

... he’s still gonna outscore DJ. 

How cool did you feel during this sweet “call out”? 

* I also said he’d outscore him prior to whatever “issue” with DJ there is, but whatever 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

DJ will s--- all over SB this season lol. 

Is it the better AZ offense? Better OL? The fact Barkley has an identical skill set with more athleticism? 

Oh, I know ... “he’s a rookie so no way”? Something like that? 

34 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Is it the better AZ offense? Better OL? The fact Barkley has an identical skill set with more athleticism? 

DJ has one of the greatest fantasy seasons by a RB of all time but I’m sure that’s somehow relevant to the Giants 😂

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

DJ has one of the greatest fantasy seasons by a RB of all time but I’m sure that’s somehow relevant to the Giants 😂

Cool. Love DJ.  I also think the Giants OL will be better than his, and the offense as a whole thanks to the better receiving corp - not to mention the obvious physical / skill set similarities with Barkley - so I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities Barkley outscores him in 2018 ... and that has nothing to do with who my favorite team is ... it’s funny you mention those other threads. 

Those threads are that long primarily from keyboard tough guys and their insatiable urge to post emojis, rather than actually talk REALITY football. 

You know, kewl guys like you. Barkley will outscore DJ in 2018. Feel free to actually despute this with an emoji-less, Logic laden response that doesn’t mention anything about 2016.

46 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

His homerism never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Cool. Love DJ.  I also think the Giants OL will be better than his, and the offense as a whole thanks to the better receiving corp - not to mention the obvious physical / skill set similarities with Barkley - so I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities Barkley outscores him in 2018 ... and that has nothing to do with who my favorite team is ... it’s funny you mention those other threads. 

Those threads are that long primarily from keyboard tough guys and their insatiable urge to post emojis, rather than actually talk REALITY football. 

You know, kewl guys like you. Barkley will outscore DJ in 2018. Feel free to actually despute this with an emoji-less, Logic laden response that doesn’t mention anything about 2016.

I already told you it wouldn’t surpise me if SB outscored DJ. I’m of the opinion that DJ will outscore SB but I can’t explain it to you because apparently the year 2016 is verboten. I was calling you out for your absurd homerism on a fantasy football message board, you’re welcome to answer to those charges here or one of the 200+ pages on this board dedicated to the New York Giants of New York City of the Stae of New York.

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I like the way you avoided mentioning your washed-up INT machine of a QB.

PS.

:D:)B):(:rolleyes::oB):lol::lol:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

I like the way you avoided mentioning your washed-up INT machine of a QB.

PS.

:D:)B):(:rolleyes::oB):lol::lol:

Youre better than this. Don’t be one of them.

(AZ’s passing game is ... good? Great point.)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, smeeze said:

I already told you it wouldn’t surpise me if SB outscored DJ. I’m of the opinion that DJ will outscore SB but I can’t explain it to you because apparently the year 2016 is verboten. I was calling you out for your absurd homerism on a fantasy football message board, you’re welcome to answer to those charges here or one of the 200+ pages on this board dedicated to the New York Giants of New York City of the Stae of New York.

Why, in 2018, is DJ going to have more fantasy points?

I’d love a well thought out emoji-less explanation. 

(I’m not anti David Johnson by the way, you can all relax.)

If Kamara and Hunt can be “elite” fantasy producers as rookies ... Barkley absolutely can - and will - especially in PPR. 

On 6/12/2018 at 6:03 PM, Experienced Rookie said:

"Only 26"

I know its no big deal, since DJ has barely any NFL mileage, but 26 isn't really the "in the prime" for a RB.  It's shocking how few RBs actually return multiple superstar performances passed this point.  

I guess every running back enters the NFL at 21 and declines at 25? Most backs career trajectory begins at 23/24 and ends at 28, putting DJ exactly in his prime.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Why, in 2018, is DJ going to have more fantasy points?

I’d love a well thought out emoji-less explanation. 

(I’m not anti David Johnson by the way, you can all relax.)

If Kamara and Hunt can be “elite” fantasy producers as rookies ... Barkley absolutely can - and will - especially in PPR. 

Because David Johnson will get 350+ touches, Barkley has never had more than 300/season in his college career and won't come close as a rookie on an offense with OBJ, Shepard, Engram, JStew, etc.

Barring health, David Johnson is a virtual lock to outproduce Saquon Barkley on volume alone. 

11 minutes ago, jonnyjhead said:

I guess every running back enters the NFL at 21 and declines at 25? Most backs career trajectory begins at 23/24 and ends at 28, putting DJ exactly in his prime.

DJ is a rare case. Most productive RBs have 1000-1500 career touches by the time they're 26. 

Its hard to get an NFL team to give a multi year, multi million dollar deal to a RB who is 26. Only the best of the best get those deals. That's really the way it should be too. Just take a swing around the league and try to name all the highly productive RBs who are on their 2nd NFL contract. There's not many. 

Im not really sure what point I'm trying to make here honestly. DJ has no mileage at his age, so he should easily be in his prime for at least the next 2 seasons. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smeeze said:

Because David Johnson will get 350+ touches, Barkley has never had more than 300/season in his college career and won't come close as a rookie on an offense with OBJ, Shepard, Engram, JStew, etc.

Barring health, David Johnson is a virtual lock to outproduce Saquon Barkley on volume alone. 

22 touches / game gets you 350 for a season ... if you don’t think Barkley is getting that this season, then there’s nothing else to say. (He will, quite easily with his role in the pass game)

I expect the touches / receptions to be similar, with the Giants offense > AZ leading to more scoring opportunities - ironically because of those names you listed as negatives.

We shall see

7 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

"DJ is a rare case. Most productive RBs have 1000-1500 career touches by the time they're 26. Its hard to get an NFL team to give a multi year, multi million dollar deal to a RB who is 26. Only the best of the best get those deals. That's really the way it should be too. Just take a swing around the league and try to name all the highly productive RBs who are on their 2nd NFL contract. There's not many. I'm not really sure what point I'm trying to make here honestly. DJ has no mileage at his age, so he should easily be in his prime for at least the next 2 seasons." 

Unfortunately the importance of the RB is evermore undermined. They asked a lot of him and his running style doesn't lend itself to longevity. Accordingly, several months ago he said the money doesn't matter, but now it may have to. When a player says something like that he pisses off every other union member. You're a star and willing to play for nothing, guess what they expect from the rest of us? Would've been better to say; I deserve more but given the current arrangement with the owners, I have no leverage. It does appear however, that something is going to be worked out.   

In the Andrew Luck thread we're told it's a mirage to believe Luck will return & be the player he was prior. Could be, but I expect him to return & play at a very high level. To me, it's more so David Johnson who will be returning to an entirely different situation. They were still viewed as contenders with some semblance of balance & I don't believe they're either of those things now. I see them finishing last with suspect QB play & defenses focusing much more so on Johnson. That said, there could be a lot of garbage time football.     

9 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

DJ is a rare case. Most productive RBs have 1000-1500 career touches by the time they're 26. 

Its hard to get an NFL team to give a multi year, multi million dollar deal to a RB who is 26. Only the best of the best get those deals. That's really the way it should be too. Just take a swing around the league and try to name all the highly productive RBs who are on their 2nd NFL contract. There's not many. 

Im not really sure what point I'm trying to make here honestly. DJ has no mileage at his age, so he should easily be in his prime for at least the next 2 seasons. 

This. 

Age means nothing without career touches taken into account. 

A back like DJ I don’t worry about “longevity” since he has such a diverse skill set.

He may lose a step or 2 at some point (non issue at this point), but he can remain productive into his late 20s/early 30s. 

Im more worried about the Cardinals offense than DJ 

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

This. 

Age means nothing without career touches taken into account. 

"Means nothing" ...ok