• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
dashoe

David Johnson 2018 Outlook

Edmonds time!... Kidding. I think. 

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Probably too early to panic.  Probably.

Time to pounce in dynasty if this news makes his owner nervous.

4 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

Johnson watched voluntary practice on Thursday, but no injury was readily apparent.

Hopefully just playing it safe with him.

4 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

From that article: " Earlier this week, Johnson tweeted pictures of himself and his wife snorkeling and ziplining during a recent trip to Hawaii. "

Who gave DJ permission to go ziplining?  That's exactly what we don't want. This never would've happened under Bruce Arians. Keep him in the pool, low impact, and and occasional jump out of the pool.

tumblr_m33obs5RVm1r4gei2o4_400.gif

Just now, Panthers8912 said:

I hope this drops his adp even further lol

Me too...I have a draft next week ;)

1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

From that article: " Earlier this week, Johnson tweeted pictures of himself and his wife snorkeling and ziplining during a recent trip to Hawaii. "

Who gave DJ permission to go ziplining?  That's exactly what we don't want. This never would've happened under Bruce Arians. Keep him in the pool, low impact, and and occasional jump out of the pool.

I'd be more worried about the lava

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:14 PM, bhawks489 said:

I'd be more worried about the lava

He could re hurt that wrist by over tweeting. 

Although the Johnson was relegated to the sideline for voluntary organized team activities Thursday, he is not injured, sources informed of the situation told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000936407/article/david-johnson-misses-practice-for-undisclosed-reason?ck_subscriber_id=86523919

On June 8, 2018 at 10:43 AM, cohenstantinople said:

Arians would force Johnson to watch other people zipline until he had a good grasp of how to do it desipte Johnson being a very good zipliner. Then Johnson would zipline, break his hand, and Arians would force him to go down the zipline again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Oh man this blows.  After missing out on all but 1/2 of one game of David Johnson last year, I had a strong plan to get him again in redraft.  However, I absolutely hate investing in players who have missed some or all of the offseason program because I have been burnt to a crisp by such situations previously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Oh man this blows.  After missing out on all but 1/2 of one game of David Johnson last year, I had a strong plan to get him again in redraft.  However, I absolutely hate investing in players who have missed some or all of the offseason program because I have been burnt to a crisp by such situations previously.

Who stung you with this?   The only recent investment i recall making in such a guy was LeVeon, but I feel like i got stung in the past as well, just can't remember the player.

I'd say minicamp is nothing to sweat.   If he's missing July reps, then its time to maybe worry.   My guess is he probably just wants to make sure talks are started, and if they make some progress, he's there next month, no problems.  

The main ones I can remember right now are Steven Jackson in 2008 and Chris Johnson in 2011.

I agree, if David Johnson gets signed quickly and is present for most or all of training camp, I will worry a lot less about him.

2 hours ago, BrianM said:

Who stung you with this?   The only recent investment i recall making in such a guy was LeVeon, but I feel like i got stung in the past as well, just can't remember the player.

I'd say minicamp is nothing to sweat.   If he's missing July reps, then its time to maybe worry.   My guess is he probably just wants to make sure talks are started, and if they make some progress, he's there next month, no problems.  

Hopkins stung a lot of people in 2016 after his holdout. 

The faster DJ resolves his contract, the better for his owners.

34 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Hopkins stung a lot of people in 2016 after his holdout. 

The faster DJ resolves his contract, the better for his owners.

Was his holdout the problem, or was it the fact that he had a didn't garbage QB throwing him the ball every week?

Just now, Experienced Rookie said:

Was his holdout the problem, or was it the fact that he had a didn't garbage QB throwing him the ball every week?

seriously ..how can one pin his performance on the hold out vs Brock lmao  #fishing 

Arizona should be able to get this done quickly. DJ is a franchise player, a family man, only 26, and has the "fresh leg" narrative surrounding him. No concerns here. Get it done!

6 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Arizona should be able to get this done quickly. DJ is a franchise player, a family man, only 26, and has the "fresh leg" narrative surrounding him. No concerns here. Get it done!

"Only 26"

I know its no big deal, since DJ has barely any NFL mileage, but 26 isn't really the "in the prime" for a RB.  It's shocking how few RBs actually return multiple superstar performances passed this point.  

12 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

"Only 26"

I know its no big deal, since DJ has barely any NFL mileage, but 26 isn't really the "in the prime" for a RB.  It's shocking how few RBs actually return multiple superstar performances passed this point.  

Technically age 25-27 is considered "in their prime" for NFL RBs, with no "considerable" drop off until age 30.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27

23 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Technically age 25-27 is considered "in their prime" for NFL RBs, with no "considerable" drop off until age 30.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27

If we're talking about a team who is going to give a guy a 4 year contract at the age of 26, that's not a good time to "buy", if you think about it.

Just look at that graph.  It peaks out at age 27, and loses value every single year after that.  Yes, you get that peak season at age 27, but it's all down hill from there.  If that was a stock you were purchasing, you'd be buying at the absolutely worst time.  

Maybe I'm just thinking of this too much from a dynasty perspective.  

1 minute ago, Experienced Rookie said:

If we're talking about a team who is going to give a guy a 4 year contract at the age of 26, that's not a good time to "buy", if you think about it.

Just look at that graph.  It peaks out at age 27, and loses value every single year after that.  Yes, you get that peak season at age 27, but it's all down hill from there.  If that was a stock you were purchasing, you'd be buying at the absolutely worst time.  

Maybe I'm just thinking of this too much from a dynasty perspective.  

Based on the article, the peak production age is 27 on average for ALL RBs who have played 4 NFL seasons since 2001 with an average of 75 carries per season. I think we can all agree that DJ is not "average". I don't think it's unrealistic to expect him to succeed well into his early 30's which gives him 5-7 more productive years in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Mr2Saint said:

Based on the article, the peak production age is 27 on average for ALL RBs who have played 4 NFL seasons since 2001 with an average of 75 carries per season. I think we can all agree that DJ is not "average". I don't think it's unrealistic to expect him to succeed well into his early 30's which gives him 5-7 more productive years in the NFL.

I wouldn’t be worried about the length of the contract.  A 4 year contract isn’t really 4 years...

The main thing is keeping their best playmaker happy.  There is a 4 year opportunity to make a run with Rosen on his rookie contract.  Arizona NEEDS D.Johnson.

I figure he makes 12million/year.

The holdout has people worried for no reason. DJ remains a top5 RB, with #1 upside.

He's scheduled to make $1.8 mil this year?

That's laughable.  This will not be a problem.

I was going to say I wasn't even a real big Johnson supporter, but then I realized how that sounded.

• Haha 1