dashoe

David Johnson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Idc who the defense was...this was a major shift in usage—FINALLY.  The offensive line was still brutal in pass blocking but this is how you use DJ!!!

• Like 3

9 targets turned into 85 yards, lets get this every week. Leftwich is my freaking week 10 MVP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tax77 said:

9 targets turned into 85 yards, lets get this every week. Leftwich is my freaking week 10 MVP.

Special thanks to Bruce Arians because Byron Leftwich still picks his brain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DJ had hell of a game yesterday and it was refreshing to see but is it me or does he look less explosive? Just seemed slow in space and even on carries... Am i crazy?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

DJ had hell of a game yesterday and it was refreshing to see but is it me or does he look less explosive? Just seemed slow in space and even on carries... Am i crazy?

Only maybe saw it once or twice. He still showed a ton of power though. Not too much open space. Love that he always fell forward.

I am willing to bet dj does not even get tackled once next week against tanking oakland

• Haha 1

This guy was supposed to be THE RB1 this season. He got the Gurley year 2 treatment. Might be priced to buy next season. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

9 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

he's always looked like that tbh 

16 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Yes you are. DJ always looked super fluid when he moved which makes it seem like he doesn’t look explosive.

Biggest takeaway of the week was Rosen getting smart and looking for DJ after first reads weren't there. Hopefully he keeps that up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

This guy was supposed to be THE RB1 this season. He got the Gurley year 2 treatment. Might be priced to buy next season. 

I still think he will be rb1 easily by the end of the year. No teams can stop him especially with the easiest schedule around

13 hours ago, FF4life said:

David Johnson >>> Zeke ROS

Before Dallas traded for Amari, maybe.

Have you watched the Sunday night game? Zeke did his thing against a pretty good Philly run defense.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:56 AM, ADDwithFF said:

I think it's safe to say that we can start with confidence ROS. 

I'll eat crow if wrong. 

Who exactly were people sitting this guy for? You ride or die with your first round pick, especially if it's a RB.

Rosen is so bad my god. So many opportunities for gimme yards by dumping off to DJ but he just goes deep for incompletions 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

The hold on that 57 yard TD was such a buzzkill. 

To be fair he probably would have gotten tackled by the guy RSJ held

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

To be fair he probably would have gotten tackled by the guy RSJ held

Or he could have just properly blocked him but noooooo

DJ just warming up for the playoffs! Keep giving him space, and run him around 

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Or he could have just properly blocked him but noooooo

Yeah - still a good sign though. Mind you, you can only enjoy it if you won this week.

Rosen looks brutal tbh. That 53 yard run gave him a good day though

Edited by vthokie3