dashoe

David Johnson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

19 hours ago, nbay23 said:

Well, good luck.  I am just not that confident.  What changed?  A new coordinator?  That doesn't change the fact that DJ is in a s---y offense with a rookie QB and no other weapons.  A coordinator can only scheme so much with no talent.  They can't sustain drives, and are rarely in the redzone/goalline.   I've been burned by DJ too much.   But good luck to all playing him. 

I think their schedule plays to him better for at least the first two weeks of fantasy playoffs (Lions and Falcons). Championship could go either way against the Rams- but I'm confident he can at least get you to the championship. I have him in 3 leagues, bought him cheap in two of them off of someone and I'm hoping he can have an impact.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cardinals will reassess their "entire football operation" after the season.

Wilks' debut season in Arizona has been an unmitigated disaster as the Cardinals have struggled miserably in all facets. Josh Rosen has developed slower than expected while the Cardinals also caught flak for misusing David Johnson early in the year (OC Mike McCoy lost his job because of it), though he's been much better recently. Per Rapsheet, the Cardinals could be headed for sweeping changes if things don't improve quickly. In addition to Wilks, Rapoport implied GM Steve Keim may also be on the hot seat in Arizona.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cardinals will reassess their "entire football operation" after the season.

Wilks' debut season in Arizona has been an unmitigated disaster as the Cardinals have struggled miserably in all facets. Josh Rosen has developed slower than expected while the Cardinals also caught flak for misusing David Johnson early in the year (OC Mike McCoy lost his job because of it), though he's been much better recently. Per Rapsheet, the Cardinals could be headed for sweeping changes if things don't improve quickly. In addition to Wilks, Rapoport implied GM Steve Keim may also be on the hot seat in Arizona.

Seriously though. Watching this team play, they are extremely bad. They have great young talent and this front office can't maximize any of the potential. What a shame. 

3 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Snowing in Green Bay.  We still starting him?

All relative to your options but how he does who knows. 7 pts, 20 pts? RB10, RB45?

Team projected for 13.5 pts :wacko:

Riding till the end, but man I don't think I'll own this guy again as long as he plays for the Cardinals

• Like 1

Anybody watch the game, why was Edmonds running the ball inside the 10 yard line today?

10 minutes ago, chief79 said:

Anybody watch the game, why was Edmonds running the ball inside the 10 yard line today?

The RW blurb said DJ missed a blitz pickup that led to a sack that may have led to Edmonds getting a lot of work for a while. If so, how long was he in the doghouse for?

On 11/30/2018 at 10:28 PM, Joe Odam said:

I think the most frustrating thing is seeing him consistently ranked inside the top 10 by the "experts". It messes with my mind when I know that in all truthfulness he's a strong flexed dressed up as a first round pick at this point. Mark my words......ADAM HUMPHRIES will outscore him in ppr this week as a wr ranked outside the consensus top 30 (I hope I'm wrong considering I'm a chump who's taking the expert's bait and starting DJ :()

this is one that I hate being right on

21 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

The RW blurb said DJ missed a blitz pickup that led to a sack that may have led to Edmonds getting a lot of work for a while. If so, how long was he in the doghouse for?

Usually gets benched for a drive or two if he misses a blitz pickup. That is how it has been in the past at least.

So they bench DJ for missing blitz pickups.

How come they don’t bench Rosen for missing check downs?

This Cardinals offense is a hot mess, with the present QB and coaching staff, I don’t see much to be optimistic about going forward.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Steve gar said:

This Cardinals offense is a hot mess, with the present QB and coaching staff, I don’t see much to be optimistic about going forward.

I feel like he either cost you your season already, or your team is strong enough that he won't cost you your season at this point. Hopefully no one in contention is relying upon him as more than a flex at this point

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, atrium said:

I feel like he either cost you your season already, or your team is strong enough that he won't cost you your season at this point. Hopefully no one in contention is relying upon him as more than a flex at this point

This.

And no reason for them to push his # of touches at this point.

In fact they have every reason not to.

For the draft capital spent he def makes the Mt. Rushmore of 2018 Busts.

if in fact I do make it to the playoffs, there isn't a matchup in the world that would make me start him. Seen it too many times now. The outlier was the KC game

As it turns out, I was incorrect about DJ this week. That's on me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

This.

And no reason for them to push his # of touches at this point.

In fact they have every reason not to.

For the draft capital spent he def makes the Mt. Rushmore of 2018 Busts.

Yeah I agree with that. People trying to make the argument that he's still a serviceable RB2 is just a joke  because even if his volume has been steady, his draft price was more a fringe 3rd round pick.

Even more frustrating considering that most of us likely missed out on a few waiver wire gems like Lindsay early in the season.

Edited by Gfycat

3 hours ago, atrium said:

Not necessarily. In both the leagues I had him I was a bubble team. Got in in one, just outside in the other. Those teams weren't strong enough to overcome him busting but didn't totally tank either.

• Like 1

the pass game usage is flat out disturbing. It seems so elementary yet it's not being drawn up

This guy is awful. What makes me mad is I knew he was gonna suck when I drafted him. I’m in keeper league so guys like Gurley/Hunt Weren’t available. I knew this team sucked and he’s been just as bad as I thought he’d be. At least spencer ware will replace him so I don’t have to watch AZ again

He should just stop showing up so we can watch Edmunds suck more than Ekeler does without Gordon.  Force a trade from this organization because watching his career get ruined like Fitzgeralds did by this stupid organization is pathetic. Cardinals are Lions 2.0 in ruining careers.

Was planning on going Brieda over him in the playoffs, that was the plan at 4pm today. Going down with the ship.

This is bonkers.  Can anyone recall a first round pick (not injured or suspended) that was benchworthy in the playoffs?  What are they doing?  Showcasing Edmonds for an off-season trade now?  Or is this going to be a thing heading into next year as well?