dashoe

David Johnson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

7 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

I'm going to bench him this week.  I have other viable options to start.

CSB tell us more.

I will be starting him. I think he will finally start breaking off a few big runs. If stafford is out this will be a low scoring game which helps dj bigtime. 

21 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

I'm going to bench him this week.  I have other viable options to start.

The only thing that could have made this post more exhilarating was if you had posted your entire lineup and given us all a rundown of how things have gone for you since the start of the year! Riveting!

Edited by Joe Odam

Be careful, he’s on my team. 

I lost 3 starters the past 2 weeks

i actually think we see a bit more split between him and Edmonds. 

It'd be fitting that we're all shown the door in the first round of playoffs b/c of this bum and his horrible team.

1 minute ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

If I advance to the next week I’m dropping him in hopes my opponent picks him up and starts him against me

If you play on ESPN your stuck with him.  He's on the undroppable list.

Another monster performance by DJ vs the terrible Lions run defense. Chunk play after chunk play. Can’t wait to fire him up next week.....wait...no, that’s the sound of my playoffs circling the drain. Chubb and CMC did all they could but sometimes you need your former RB1, now flex play to show up and have a good game when you are playing good teams in the playoffs.

I wish everyone good luck the next few weeks, I am sure DJ’s monster game is just around the corner.

*8 catches for 12 yards lmao. At least now I understand why they never check it down to him; it’s the equivalent of throwing it away in this dumpsterfire offense.

I was pretty bummed cause I probably have to keep him with my other RBs just meh but after todays game I'm starting to think it may not be completely crazy to keep Kittle instead even though I'm already keeping Kelce. 

1 hour ago, All Knowing said:

DJ is trash, won't see my starting line-up again this season....

It’s not DJ’s fault. Blame that garbage QB. 

58 minutes ago, HiFantasy said:

Or the “garbage” OL - or offense - or coac...well, you get the idea.

6 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

Another monster performance by DJ vs the terrible Lions run defense. Chunk play after chunk play. Can’t wait to fire him up next week.....wait...no, that’s the sound of my playoffs circling the drain. Chubb and CMC did all they could but sometimes you need your former RB1, now flex play to show up and have a good game when you are playing good teams in the playoffs.

I wish everyone good luck the next few weeks, I am sure DJ’s monster game is just around the corner.

*8 catches for 12 yards lmao. At least now I understand why they never check it down to him; it’s the equivalent of throwing it away in this dumpsterfire offense.

The lions run defense isn’t terrible . Check the game logs since they’re acquired snacks Harrison 

• Like 1

Iupati, the final member of their original starting OL going into the season, went on IR last week. From LT to C they are starting rookies. 7th round pick, UDFA and 3rd round pick - so probably not the most talented ones. On the right side they have two street FAs who came in during the last 2 weeks. With Kirk on IR, they lost their only receiving threat opposite Fitzgerald. Rosen is talented with some obvious rookies mistakes. With a scrub OL and scrub WRs outside of Fitz, opponents can focus on shutting down their best playmaker DJ. Leftwich actually does a much better job at putting DJ into space. But since their OL can't block for more than a second, opponents can stack the box and can lurk on short to mid routes.

Anyway, I think DJ will be a solid buy low in 2019. Rosen, despite the bad circumstances, has shown great poise and resiliency. He will be much improved in 2019. They must improve their OL though, which will be their main priority in free agency and draft.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2018 at 12:55 PM, psygolf said:

Come tomorrow evening, you will be missed by happy DJ owners.  -_-

oh, hey there. 

7 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

I was pretty bummed cause I probably have to keep him with my other RBs just meh but after todays game I'm starting to think it may not be completely crazy to keep Kittle instead even though I'm already keeping Kelce. 

I actually started Kittle over DJ this week.....felt like being released from a gang without having to do the "blood out" part

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

oh, hey there. 

I rested him on my bench during my playoff bye

😉

5 hours ago, HiFantasy said:

yes it is his fault, crap ypc and ypr...8 catches for 12 yards

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

Iupati, the final member of their original starting OL going into the season, went on IR last week. From LT to C they are starting rookies. 7th round pick, UDFA and 3rd round pick - so probably not the most talented ones. On the right side they have two street FAs who came in during the last 2 weeks. With Kirk on IR, they lost their only receiving threat opposite Fitzgerald. Rosen is talented with some obvious rookies mistakes. With a scrub OL and scrub WRs outside of Fitz, opponents can focus on shutting down their best playmaker DJ. Leftwich actually does a much better job at putting DJ into space. But since their OL can't block for more than a second, opponents can stack the box and can lurk on short to mid routes.

Anyway, I think DJ will be a solid buy low in 2019. Rosen, despite the bad circumstances, has shown great poise and resiliency. He will be much improved in 2019. They must improve their OL though, which will be their main priority in free agency and draft.

Thanks for this— great insight.    They better focus on OL this offseason.    What a train wreck.  

9 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

yes it is his fault, crap ypc and ypr...8 catches for 12 yards

He’s DJ,  not the second coming of JC.   When a back like this goes 8/12 it’s almost a guarantee he had ZERO help blocking.  

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Thanks for this— great insight.    They better focus on OL this offseason.    What a train wreck.  

He’s DJ,  not the second coming of JC.   When a back like this goes 8/12 it’s almost a guarantee he had ZERO help blocking.  

NO, NO,NO this is who DJ is...he was a product of a carson palmer led offense, now he's junk...Good Players make guys miss, had a cake match-up and he blew. tired of the excuses for DJ, he looks so damn slow....

Edited by All Knowing

44 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I rested him on my bench during my playoff bye

😉

you're as weak as they come:rolleyes: