dashoe

David Johnson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Leaning towards Cohen in PPR over DJ and A. Jones.  This is maybe the week to start DJ though his offense and Rosen is so bad, it's hard not to see another 15 carries for 50 yard game.  Atlanta is bad on defense but I'm not sure that matters much when talking about the Cardinals offense.  

8 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

Leaning towards Cohen in PPR over DJ and A. Jones.  This is maybe the week to start DJ though his offense and Rosen is so bad, it's hard not to see another 15 carries for 50 yard game.  Atlanta is bad on defense but I'm not sure that matters much when talking about the Cardinals offense.  

This sort of echoes my thoughts. Atlanta hasn't been great this year, but I think with the Cards being on the road, ATL having Deion Jones back, and the Cards offense looking as bad as they have the last few weeks, it gives me a lot of hesitation. 

So much so, that I'm considering starting Justin Jackson over him. I'm struggling to decide, but DJ doesn't inspire a lot of confidence...

I mean the spot couldn't be any better, but he has failed in juicy spots before. You will only have yourself to blame if you check in after the game and see him 8.5 pts.

Of course he is still a starting RB that gets 20+ touches. Arizona could easily end up inside the 10 on a long pass, PI, turnover, long run (lol), etc and he could score a touchdown or two and you walk away pleased.

Just now, King Gonzo said:

I mean the spot couldn't be any better, but he has failed in juicy spots before. You will only have yourself to blame if you check in after the game and see him 8.5 pts.

Of course he is still a starting RB that gets 20+ touches. Arizona could easily end up inside the 10 on a long pass, PI, turnover, long run (lol), etc and he could score a touchdown or two and you walk away pleased.

Yea complete gut feeling but think he has a really nice game this week and then next week his usual mid range RB2 type numbers to end the year for us

FWIW

He has a decent floor, but I feel like most everybody else ranked similarly has the same floor, but a higher ceiling. 

3 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

Yeah then you'll see Chase Edmonds sprinting from the sidelines, checking into the game..

Edited by K_Rich
  • Haha 1

I'm firing him up this week, not thrilled about it, but the match-up doesn't get better than this.

34 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

I'm firing him up this week, not thrilled about it, but the match-up doesn't get better than this.

Good to know 

• Like 1

Ugh. Not excited about the guy at all, esp since he has the Q tag now. Have Jackson and Williams on my bench but just got home from work and forgot to check the lineup. My own idiocy if I lose this week. 

Benched Damian Williams for this guy..please DJ...just give me one week that’s all I ask

32 minutes ago, larfboy said:

Benched Damian Williams for this guy..please DJ...just give me one week that’s all I ask

Who else do you have at rb? I own both, started Williams and I’m debating on even starting dj or a slew of other backs. 

4 hours ago, larfboy said:

Understandable - i did as well .  Had Chubb at RB2 and Cooks at flex.  Williams was a bubble starter for a lot of teams.   if you have two other trusted top 12 options I can see benching him.  DJ is in a good spot right now - let's see if he comes closing to matching D Williams.

This game favors DJ and he SHOULD have a better game compared to all his other games this season. If not, we will be VERY dissapointed and looking to sell in my Dynasty offseason .Is their reason to look foward to next year in this system/ team / personel?

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Well he scored 13 pts on the first drive then 4 pts for the rest of the game. I guess at this point of the season you just want results, and at the end of the day he got 17 pts in 1/2 ppr.  It seems like the Cardinals have one good drive for every 30 bad drives. We shall see what he has in store next week for anyone still standing that owns him.

On 12/10/2018 at 3:21 PM, Joe Odam said:

Doesn’t pay nearly enough.

so again....thoughts on DJ this week? 

Happy Feel Good GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Happy Feel Good GIF

lol I started him this week too.....he's 110% DND for me next year

9 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I guess, that is if one thought he could be worse.

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

I guess, that is if one thought he could be worse.

valid point. Rosen just looks like an absolute failed pick at this point. Completely incapable of stretching the field

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

I feel the same way but I can keep him for a measly $21 in an auction draft. But I can also keep Connor for $10 or Dalvin Cook for $25. Decisions...Can keep 2

4 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

I feel the same way but I can keep him for a measly $21 in an auction draft. But I can also keep Connor for $10 or Dalvin Cook for $25. Decisions...Can keep 2

more of an assistant coach forum question but no doubt connor and cook. DJ is basically jeff fisher's todd gurley and sean mcvay isn't being hired to revamp the offense. same with rosen so not sure how much better that offense gets especially if larry retires.  Cook if healthy looks like a stud and obviously so does connor

The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers considers Cardinals coach Steve Wilks' firing after the season to be a "foregone conclusion."

Somers considers the lone question to be whether GM Steve Keim follows Wilks out the door. Somers' "hunch" is that president Michael Bidwell gives Keim one more year, but doesn't expect Wilks to get the same treatment after putting together a coaching staff that priorizited implementing "their schemes" over minimizing personnel strengths and maximizing weaknesses, using Patrick Peterson as a zone corner early in the year, and failing to put their best skill-position players and rookie quarterback in position to succeed.

Source: Arizona Republic
Dec 17 - 4:53 PM

• Like 1